Quantcast
Recommend a chiropractor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend a chiropractor

My Ride
    RSX-S

Default Recommend a chiropractor

Was hoping to get some help in finding a chiropractor that specializes in correcting bad body posture. Hopefully something in the northwest, with city center probably being the furthest i would like to travel.

Thanks in advance

My Ride
    Blue boy

Dr Zahirra Kara in North Hill Mall

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

Dr. Mike Dahm on Southland Drive in the SW.

He REALLY knows his stuff. Family run practice he has genuine interest in your health and is not just there to make a buck. Family has been going to him for almost 20 years I believe.

My Ride
    '09 Sierra SLT

Dr. Rob Taylor @ Core Health - Scotia Center.

All natural approach to health. No need for unnecessary visits.

Highly recommend.

one you should avoid is Edge chiropractor downtown, dr. kevin aitken
    rushes everything/everyone and is definitely just chasing the $

Chiropractics is snake oil... There is no proof they do anything beneficial see a real doctor. http://www.chirobase.org/

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

Jeff Holliday

He used to work at Chiropractic performance and sports therapy centre, I knew a ton of people that went there and where 100% satisfied with his work. He does some deep tissue manipulation as well if need be.

I think he works now at Riverside sports therapy chiro and accupuncture clinci

110 point mckay cres NW
    403-283-7886

I'm a big fan of Well Within Chiro in evergreen... I like Dr. Seth Shui and his wife Dr. Tara Shui

they take their time, isolate specific sublaxations and also tell you realistic how frequent to vist, and whatis an appropiate rehabilitation plan...

i.e. different types of stretches, way to stay active to keep certain issues at bay.. (sunrises, lower back extentions) Yoga
    Inversion table

prevention, rehabilitation and correction
    Last edited by r3ccOs; 11-23-2011 at 12:14 PM.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
    Chiropractics is snake oil... There is no proof they do anything beneficial see a real doctor. http://www.chirobase.org/
    Have you ever been to one?
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

Originally posted by LadyLuck
    Have you ever been to one?
    Sure have and I got the hell out of there. The BS just drips from their pores. I don't know how anyone can piss away their money on pseudo science. Might as well get your fortune told while you are at it...

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Sure have and I got the hell out of there. The BS just drips from their pores. I don't know how anyone can piss away their money on pseudo science. Might as well get your fortune told while you are at it...
    Ive been going to a chiro for many years, and they've never failed me. Plus I dont pay anything for it so no pissing away anything there. Some people dont believe in it, others who have been properly treated swear by it. To each their own.

And I went to a real doctor with my back problems, and he told me to see a chiropractor!
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by LadyLuck

Ive been going to a chiro for many years, and they've never failed me. Plus I dont pay anything for it so no pissing away anything there. Some people dont believe in it, others who have been properly treated swear by it. To each their own.

And I went to a real doctor with my back problems, and he told me to see a chiropractor!
    Any person that helps you with your health should have a end date. You should just exercise and strengthen the muscles around your back. Why mess with a expensive temporary fix?

To me if someone cannot give you a expected FULL recovery time for your injury your doing the wrong thing

My Ride
    '68 Beetle 2.3, '99 Golf Wolfsburg '02 Passat 1.8T

Default Chiropractors

There are no such thing as subluxations, at least in the way the chiropractic industry uses the term. This was something Palmer dreamed up in the dark ages and is still promoted by old chiros. If a chiropractor still uses this "old school" approach, then best to find yourself another chiropractor.

There was a classic study done many years ago, where an x-ray was sent to numerous chiropractors asking for their "assessment" of any abnormalities. The range of issues that the chiropractors brought up was mind boggling, and all of them prescribed multiple treatments for this individual, at considerable cost, of course. Alas, the spinal column shown in the x-ray was totally normal.

Some more modern chiros have taken their business more into the massage and exercise prescription modalities and are teaming up with physiotherapists and even medical doctors. Those would be better choices.

Even some chiropractors who want to bring their industry up to a more "research based" methodology, are starting to say that enough is enough. Check out this article written by a Chiroprator: http://www.chirobase.org/01General/chirosham.html
    Neil
    '68 Beetle 2332 cc, 204 WHP
    12.5-second 1/4 mile

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

For years I've been a skeptic of the entire concept of Chiropractic.
    Now, I'm not so sure. I have been having some back issues that my massage therapist can't seem to fix. Might be time to find someone more trained.

I do agree that some chiros are just salesmen. I know a guy who claims he comes back from the chiro at least 2 inches taller. That's the sort of shit I want to avoid.

RateMD has lots of Calgary Chiros on it, so I'll be combing through that to get a general feel for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Reeks of Awesomeness

Seriously... Dr. Dahm in Southland. He doesn't just adjust you and kick you out... he will talk to you, tell you what things you can do to rehab the area, just ask questions and he will answer them.

And to anyone who thinks chiro is bs... one of two things

1) you are a giant pussy and were never really injured enough to where a chiro would help

2) you went to a useless one

When I was into wrestling I had my neck or back crunched every week, Dr. Dahm is the only reason I could keep going.

Originally posted by wardpr68
    And to anyone who thinks chiro is bs... one of two things

1) you are a giant pussy and were never really injured enough to where a chiro would help

2) you went to a useless one

When I was into wrestling I had my neck or back crunched every week, Dr. Dahm is the only reason I could keep going.
    If anyone is a giant pussy it would be you for believing in snake oil or maybe you just like having dudes touch your neck gently?

http://www.skepdic.com/chiro.html

Show me proof it works then we can talk. Until then you are getting a glorified expensive massage from a dude.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Just to be clear, there is a big difference between the common type of Chirporactic practised in the USA (Spinal Subluxation) and the evidence based care done in Canada.

They aren't even close. Apples and oranges.

Unfortunalety, most of the websites dedicated to "disproving" chiropractic as referring to the US model.

There are some excellent Chiros in Canada, and in Calgary.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    has a stick axle

You have bad posture because your muscles are not strong / to strong and you don't have enough flexibility. Seeing a chiropractor will not solve these problems. You may find temporary relief, but you need to address the issue causing the problem. I would suggest also seeing a physiotherapist to sort out your muscle imbalances. I have herniated discs and used to be unable to sit at a desk longer than a few hours. After rehabbing the proper muscles and stretching regularly I can now sit for much longer and I have reduced almost all of my lower back pain.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Just to be clear, there is a big difference between the common type of Chirporactic practised in the USA (Spinal Subluxation) and the evidence based care done in Canada.

They aren't even close. Apples and oranges.

Unfortunalety, most of the websites dedicated to "disproving" chiropractic as referring to the US model.

There are some excellent Chiros in Canada, and in Calgary.
    There is NO evidence based chiropractics done in Canada it is no different than the USA since their colleges all teach the same quackery. If you think there is feel free to show me the published studies.

Oh and frankly I know people who have been to the Chiropractic colleges in Canada and they do teach Spinal Subluxation. They also teach you that colds are a result of your spine being misaligned. People just turn a blind eye to the fact that Chiropractors teach crazy shit at their colleges.

If they actually did anything proven to work... you would see them working in hospitals.

Until then they are just preying on people hoping for a quick fix.

Talk to any back doctor and most will tell you that 95% of back pain will go away on its own given that the patient is not overweight and is willing to exercise and stretch regularly to build and loosen back muscles.

I also personally know someone whose back was broken by a chiropractor and there are TONS of stories similar to his. Even cases of those that were killed while getting adjustments.

No thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast