Quantcast
Vegas - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17

Thread: Vegas

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Will answer my own question. Sounds like TopGolf is worth going to. Basically a cool combination of a golf driving range with a video game. Girls bring you drinks. Nice to fill a few hours in your schedule, particularly if you don't feel like hanging out at the pool.
    I was there in January and yes, TopGolf is great fun (and I thought a reasonable price) and I don't even like golf really. There's a pool there too but just in one area. Go at dusk if possible, looks great there from when the sun starts to set until the end of the night. I also did the machine gun experience, nothing new to most people but my first time shooting a gun. So much fun

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by rage2

I followed this on rennlist. Tough technical track, tons of speed with a huge straight, and little to no runoffs. Think race city after the back straight sketchiness slapped on the end of the front straight. Driver went off down the straight, crossed the track into the tire barrier, rupturing fuel tank and huge fire. Instructor died on impact. Driver from Ontario died in the fire.

If you don't think you can handle a high hp car on the track, that might not be the best track to fuck around on.
    That's wild, very sad story. Tragic that the student/driver was killed in the fire... I could imagine the driver likely had a SO or friend standing by watching.. I have never been to Speed Vegas myself, only to Exotics Racing several times and they have quite a lot of run-off room on the corners.

Sounds like quite the lawsuit. http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/spee...rash/687471648
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 04-10-2017 at 01:55 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

It's such a Race City layout, maybe even a little longer straight. From what I've read, cars like the Aventador can top out at 280km/h if exiting the last corner properly with most people seeing 250km/h. Rookies with zero experience trying to panic brake from 250km/h is just a recipe for disaster.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Holy smokes, that is a long stretch. Might have to change my venue haha, could only hit 220kmh in the 488 at ER.

Curious.. Do the instructors at Speed Vegas not have there own brake? The cars at ER are outfitted with one.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 04-10-2017 at 03:56 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Curious.. Do the instructors at Speed Vegas not have there own brake? The cars at ER are outfitted with one.
    They do from what I remember from the Rennlist thread, but realistically what good is a brake pedal if you get sideways under braking at that kinda speeds?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by rage2

They do from what I remember from the Rennlist thread, but realistically what good is a brake pedal if you get sideways under braking at that kinda speeds?
    That's very true. Ejection seats will be the next step to simulate the cockpit to be even more fighter jet like I imagine?

Did a Polaris 1000 RZR offroad adventure with Zero 1 http://zero1.vegas/ this weekend. It was an absolute blast. They let you push the vehicles to the limits and it was just as fun if not more than racing exotics around the track. 10/10 would highly recommend if somebody is looking for something a little different off the strip!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17