Quantcast
Vegas - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Vegas

Originally posted by natejj
    I'm hoping for a super cheesy show, thats all I want. Get drunk and watch guys bang each other with swords.

Just found this website, my dream is complete.

http://www.vegas.com/restaurant/specials.html
    You'll see. Almost all those "deals" are down on Freemont St at stupid hours.
    Once you're there, you'll spend most of your time on the strip, and to actually go and find a super food deal is just too much time. Food was probably the single most expensive item everytime I've gone to Vegas. Granted, its x2 or x3 with the wife and kid. Each meal was easily close to $100. Breakfast all-you-can eat buffets at major hotels was almost $40 pp

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Originally posted by C_Dave45

You'll see. Almost all those "deals" are down on Freemont St at stupid hours.
    Once you're there, you'll spend most of your time on the strip, and to actually go and find a super food deal is just too much time. Food was probably the single most expensive item everytime I've gone to Vegas. Granted, its x2 or x3 with the wife and kid. Each meal was easily close to $100. Breakfast all-you-can eat buffets at major hotels was almost $40 pp
    Appreciate the headsup, I've got 2 months to plan this, and work is VERY slow.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I honestly don't think the all-you-can eat is that good of a value for the average person, and definitely not for the family.

Go somewhere that you can order exactly what you want, they cook it fresh, you eat it. That's a system I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    GSR

I remember reading a thread where someone posted about supercar(Ferrari, Lambo etc) rentals for the track in Vegas. I googled and there are quite a few of them, does anyone have recommendations for which one to do? Thanks
    Last edited by trieu; 02-22-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but Carrot Top is seriously the funniest comedian I have ever seen live. I dragged my gf to see this and even she was laughing so hard her stomach hurt. Google some reviews and they all say the same thing...plus we paid $35 a ticket, I literally would've paid more to see the show again...

Also, our food was pretty cheap, we stayed away from anything fancy, the most expensive meal was the mexican place before the Carrot Top show and it was pretty much the same as if we went to Red Lobster or something here in Calgary, the rest of the time, we got the buffet 24 hour wristband deals...so no food was more expensive than eating in Calgary...
    Last edited by Canucks3322; 02-22-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Have anyone been to Vegas at the end of August/beginning of September? What are package prices like historically for summer?

My Ride
    TDi

I've been to vegas just a bit before classes started, so early to mid september, and I got the palazzo for 650 including 2 show tickets. It wasn't too bad.
    GO FLAMES GO!

LDW is wicked

My Ride
    TDi

I missed the first half of LDW.. I missed most of the good parties
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Just got back, was my first time. Not gonna give a huge explanation like everyone else. Stayed at the Bellagio, $20 between Visa & ID got us a shitload of stuff, including a $200/night room upgrade, facing the fountain.

Gambled a shitload, drank like an idiot, met Mario Lemieux and saw Le Reve. All in all, really good.

sweet! I cant wait to go back. I'm gonna hit up the gold and silver pawn shop this time tho. I wanna buy something from there.

how did you like the bellagio? Heard mix feeling about the place.
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Going next month, is ticketmaster the best place to look for concerts/shows?? like if i wanna see if there is any good electro shows is that where i'd look? so far looks like nothing is there the weekend i am n:

oh wellll, ill just linger around the roullette table for a few days haha..

staying at TI so heard its a pretty decent location.. only problem is im going with my family/family freinds for my moms 50th.. at least im friends with one of the guys coming, we'll just go rip it up haha...

I think rain plays house and other electronic music. Might wanna check that out. Other then that im not to sure really.
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by BlackRadon
    sweet! I cant wait to go back. I'm gonna hit up the gold and silver pawn shop this time tho. I wanna buy something from there.

how did you like the bellagio? Heard mix feeling about the place.
    I found the Bellagio to be first class, and very good. I'm sure others will be good too, but I know the Bellagio was what I like, so I'll likely just go back t here again. I might check out the Cosmopolitan, but only because it seemed to be a bit of a younger crowd, and that's where I partied/gambled a fair amount.

Here are some random iphone pics from the trip.

View from our room - glare from the window, so not the best shot.

Same view in the daylight

It's 3am, yes, I'm drunk. Stopped Mario to get a quick pic with him. He gave me a GO JETS GO shout out, cause he saw my Winnipeg Jets iphone case.

Chandelier Bar in Cosmo

New York New York

I highly recommend seeing Le Reve - Produced by the same guy who produces all Cirque shows.

My Ride
    TDi

La Reve was definitely a great show, saw it last time I was in Vegas.

Anyone have any experience going in april to vegas? Hows prices and weather? I've only been there in February and September.
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by trieu
    I remember reading a thread where someone posted about supercar(Ferrari, Lambo etc) rentals for the track in Vegas. I googled and there are quite a few of them, does anyone have recommendations for which one to do? Thanks
    Go to exoticracing.com You get to drive any supercar at the track. I booked everything by phone and had zero problems. I drove the shit out of the italia and the gallardo as well. For sure 1 of the highlights of my trip.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Jlude
    [B]

I found the Bellagio to be first class, and very good. I'm sure others will be good too, but I know the Bellagio was what I like, so I'll likely just go back t here again. I might check out the Cosmopolitan, but only because it seemed to be a bit of a younger crowd, and that's where I partied/gambled a fair amount.

It's 3am, yes, I'm drunk. Stopped Mario to get a quick pic with him. He gave me a GO JETS GO shout out, cause he saw my Winnipeg Jets iphone case.
    Wow! Thats actually amazing you met him!
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Originally posted by BlackRadon
    I have heard the place is a dump in person and none of the guys are ever there.

I have also heard that they have long lineups and most of the sales they do these days is store t-shirts.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Trip is booked for March 28th. 4 nights. I can get a rental car for $88 after taxes, for 5 days. Really thinking about it. It's our first time and we were just thinking of taking the bus, but we will spend at least $50 on bus tickets. So whats another $40...

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by sputnik

I have heard the place is a dump in person and none of the guys are ever there.

I have also heard that they have long lineups and most of the sales they do these days is store t-shirts.
    I can confirm that it is a dump and wasted time going there and looking at overpriced Omega's.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast