Quantcast
Thinking about picking up a Keurig K-Cup machine. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about picking up a Keurig K-Cup machine.

Default Thinking about picking up a Keurig K-Cup machine.

Thinking about picking one of these machines up from Costco. So far it seems like Costco has the best price on the cups but with limited selection.

Any advice on stores that have more variety or possibly better deals? or on the maker itself.

Thanks!

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

I got mine from London Drugs on-sale so check them out I love mine man, and use it daily.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I use a Tassimo at the office. Always lovely to have a nice cuppa of Earl Grey with lunch

(yes, I know it's a competing product, but both are the same basic idea. Push buttan, slide in disc, wait 3 minutes, CAFFEINE!)
    Geek

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

The one from Costco is a pretty good deal, comes with a variety of coffee to let you get a feel of what there is out there. But the best thing about the machine is that there is an "empty" k-cup which you can put whatever grounds you like in there. The Breville ones looks pretty good but they are quite pricey.

My Ride
    Ford F150

I love mine. Got it at Wal-Mart, they seem to have a good selection of coffee in the big stores.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    STi

I have the Tassimo but same idea. Great machines for when you want a quick cup of coffee on the go. I'm sure the gourmet coffee drinkers would disagree but they make a pretty decent cup of coffee and extremely quick too.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

We don't drink coffee that often, but bought one from Costco about 2 years ago and use it once in awhile, mostly when family & friends come over.

We did have a problem with the machine after a couple of months, it basically stopped working. We went back to Costco, exchanged it and haven't had a problem since.

I recommend it!

My Ride
    BB6

If you like espresso, and drinks with espresso you may want to look into a Nescafe machine. Home Outfitters was clearing out some of their models for $99, I picked up a D290 about 2 weeks ago which makes espresso + foams and heats milk for cappuccinos and lattes. I'm unsure if the sale is still on though.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

I picked up the Breville k-cup brewer for my significant other as a birthday present. I managed to get the unit for a very good deal! She absolutely loves it, adjustable drink size, adjustable temperature and the ability to set it to auto brew in the morning (nothing like waking up to a fresh cup of coffee). The k-cups them selves are reasonably priced depending where you buy they average about $0.45 - 0.65 per. If you will be using the machine a lot I would suggest ordering k-cups online. Better price and selection! She has been using her Breville daily for about 4 months with not so much as a hiccup. I would avoid the lower end models and make sure you get one that has received commercial grade parts. I read a lot of reviews from people having problems with specific units. So do a little web research on the model/s you plan on looking at before you buy.

On a side note the teas are surprisingly strong. I thought they would come out weak as you usually have to steep tea for a few minutes. But we made two large teas with the same k-cup and the second was as strong and tasty as the first.
    Last edited by KRyn; 11-07-2011 at 02:31 PM.

If you visit the Van Houtte office (1-2915 10 Ave NE Calgary, AB T2A 5L4)

They have them and cheaper then Costco

My Ride
    Quattro A4 Avant 1.8T 5MT

I have used Keurigs k cups, Tassimo's and the Nespresso.

i find the Nespresso makes by far the best coffee, but is inconvenient as you have to order the pods and cant just pick them up anywhere.

i wasnt a huge fan of Tassimo's coffee but it seems to have the largest selection to buy in-store

I went with the Keurig because it seemed like a good in between option, decent coffee, decent selection, decent price.
    I've had mine for ~3 years and haven't had any issues with it, using it 1-3x a day.

if i had to do it over again i would go with the nespresso and make sure i order large quantities, but the Keurig isnt too bad for the occasional coffee.
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    CBR 929

If you want a lot of selection you are best to look online, I found a website where you could buy 100 K cups and they were all mix and match... you could get one of every flavor if you wanted. They substituted some stuff when the order actually came but was a good way to try flavors out.

[url]

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

We recently bought one at the bay. It was 25% off. We also got the filter so that we could put our own grinds in.

It's been great so far. We use it a lot just for the hot water. It turns on in the morning so we can quickly make a cup.

Our work uses the k cup so I've been taking different flavours here and there....

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Have some at my work. They are always broken. Mind you, they make a ton more cups of coffee than you ever would at home...

My Ride
    STi

^^ how old is it? I've had a tassimo for about 2 or 3 years and haven't descaled it once yet. I really should soon though haha

Costco probably has the cheapest prices locally but you can only buy the big packs of Timothy's and Van Voutte.

You can buy smaller pack(18) with more variety at:
    Bed, Bath and Beyond
    Future Shop
    Superstore
    Safeway
    London Drugs
    Best Buy

Probably some other places as well. The package at Costco is pretty good because I think it comes with a lot of k-cups to start.

Also, Keurig now has Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas exsclusively.

Originally posted by darthVWader
    If you visit the Van Houtte office (1-2915 10 Ave NE Calgary, AB T2A 5L4)

They have them and cheaper then Costco
    Sick, thanks.

I bought a Keurig B31 Mini and I love it! I had it for about 2 months and it's very convenient. My friend bought the cheaper Mr. Coffee one and complains it doesn't brew hot enough though. But the one I have is great!

After a while I became cheap and started reusing the K Cups. Just cleaned the old K Cup, let dry. Filled it full of choice of coffee and used tin foil as it's lid and placed it back in the machine. Still tastes ok.

I've tried all these machines quite a bit, and the coffee is crap, IMO.

I can't argue the convenience factor (you can even buy them at Canadian Tire), but if you can even be troubled to make a pot of freshly ground drip coffee which takes well under 2 minutes, you're better off doing that (IMO). You can get a grinder and a good machine for the same price as a Keruig machine, and regular coffee is way cheaper.

K-cups give me a headache too, and no other coffee does, so I'm convinced there is some kind of extra preservative or something in them. The artificially flavored ones are the worst.

Keurig: Heats water. Adds hot water to coffee powder. Coffee done.

Tassimo: Reads bar code. Adjusts water temp. Adjusts water volume. Sets pressure. Sets brew time. Coffee done.

My machine is apart for cleaning so I made an instant coffee. Heated kettle on stove, added hot water to coffee powder, coffee done! Just like those Rube Goldberg bullshit K-Cup machines. The difference between anything that uses K-Cups vs. a Tassimo is light years apart.

You can argue taste, quality, cost, and the fact it's not "real coffee" or that your perk or bodum makes better coffee, but that's all subjective. I can't stomach Tims, or Starbucks. Campfire coffee in a perk is the best ever. But as for instant machines nothing comes close to the flexibility and ability of what a Tassimo machine can produce.

Seriously I don't understand why people would by a K-Cup machine. It's like they did no research at all and fell for the look and style of the appliance. Oooooh stainless with a blue LCD screen. Hot water to coffee powder.
    Last edited by Ven; 11-09-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast