Quantcast
Not another Oil rig thread: Need help ASAP tho - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Not another Oil rig thread: Need help ASAP tho

My Ride
    99 Blazer

follow up phone calls every couple days, stay relevent its easy to get lost in the mix.

My Ride
    2000 blazer lt 4x4

so did you get hired?????

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by thager
    so did you get hired?????
    Everybody and anybody will get hired right now. They are trying to bump our shop up from the 60 guys we had last year to 300 by next spring . We are currently sitting at 180, it's fucking crazy that I don't even know most of my coworkers.LOL They hired one guy a couple weeks ag that weighed in at about 450 pounds. He could barely move. Super nice guy just not cut out for any physical work at all. He fell down one night while rigging out and it took him 10 minutes to get up. He looked like a turtle stuck on his back only he was laying on his belly.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Any entry level guys land any decent gigs in a camp recently? Just wondering how it's all going lately. Heading out in the first few weeks in January (Nova Scotia at the moment).

I've rigged before, but looking for something with a little less work and less money. I found the rigs doable, but really didn't enjoy it. The hard work was surviveable, but the people hollaring and being dicks all day was more of a pain then the work.

Hoping to land basically anything in a camp that doesn't have my steaming and getting muddy all day, haha.

Also I'm taking courses here before I leave. Taking H2S, prob CSTS, First Aid, any other ones highly reccomended?

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by chathamf
    Any entry level guys land any decent gigs in a camp recently? Just wondering how it's all going lately. Heading out in the first few weeks in January (Nova Scotia at the moment).

I've rigged before, but looking for something with a little less work and less money. I found the rigs doable, but really didn't enjoy it. The hard work was surviveable, but the people hollaring and being dicks all day was more of a pain then the work.

Hoping to land basically anything in a camp that doesn't have my steaming and getting muddy all day, haha.

Also I'm taking courses here before I leave. Taking H2S, prob CSTS, First Aid, any other ones highly reccomended?

Thanks guys.
    I just got a seismic job. They filled up things for their jan 2nd ship out, but they will be hiring more in january. As well my friends seismic company is hiring.
    Less work, less pay, less danger.
    I love when I was a roughneck, but there were parts I did not like

My Ride
    06 F-150

What's your position doing seismic? I did that for a few days once, pay was like 11 bucks an hour, 28 days on, 2 off, go straight like that all winter. I was a mule, it was basically the worst thing I've done, lol.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Should be 24 on and 4 off. That's the Alberta labour law.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I'm working 24 on and 4 off. I'm bottom of the line. Whatever. Mindless work and not spending money till I start landscaping in the spring again.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Weatherford guys said they're screaming for workers right now.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by msommers
    Weatherford guys said they're screaming for workers right now.
    That will never change.

My Ride
    06 F-150

What's weatherford all about?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Should be 24 on and 4 off. That's the Alberta labour law.
    That might be law but there are ways around it. I know I used to work more then that on a very regular basis for a long time. 78 days straight was a personal record(if you would call it that). Never again mind you, but it has been done and definitely still is.

What's your position doing seismic? I did that for a few days once, pay was like 11 bucks an hour, 28 days on, 2 off, go straight like that all winter. I was a mule, it was basically the worst thing I've done, lol.
    Don't do seismic. I did it years ago now, had a blast with the guys but the money I would imagine is still shit. Work was easy enough though.

Look for pipeline companies as well. With any of the big players(Ledcor, Willbros etc), you would start over $20/hr, likely $25+ and the work is easy. You would be on a set rotation and if it isn't in a camp setting, you will get LOA which is non-taxable and can put even more money in your pocket.
    Last edited by brucebanner; 12-30-2011 at 01:49 PM.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Thanks man, pipeline companies are deff where I am looking. Any other big name companies I can target?

What's weatherford all about?
    Nothing good on the wireline side.

My Ride
    Gets me to lease

Originally posted by lasimmon

Really? I got the impression weatherford had a decent reputation. If that's the case how is halliburton for wireline?

Originally posted by themack89

Really? I got the impression weatherford had a decent reputation. If that's the case how is halliburton for wireline?
    Better pay. But managed far worse according to my friends who left weatherford for Halliburton.

Originally posted by lasimmon

Dropped slickline, lost majority cased hole market share to IPS last year. I'd expect the trend to continue as they seem to be unable to retain experienced staff.

Originally posted by RatherBePerfin

Dropped slickline, lost majority cased hole market share to IPS last year. I'd expect the trend to continue as they seem to be unable to retain experienced staff.
    Sounds about right. The whole mentality of its easier to get new people the. Retain and keep the experienced guys happy can't be a great business model.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by themack89

I used to do wireline for Schlumberger back up in Whitecourt a few years back.

I'd recommend SLB for Wireline in a heartbeat. They really look after you if you have a good attitude & work ethic. the training was second to none as well.

Back when I was with them, I heard a lot of bad shit about Weatherford wireline & slickline. From lots of people in the industry.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Halliburton wireline would be the same as Halliburton anything, I'd think. Too much time spent making sure everyone is following procedures and filling out all the daily paperwork, and not enough time making sure that the job is getting done the way the customer expects it. And then the field guys are left on the frontline to make the customer happy about paying for a job he didn't get.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast