Quantcast
Netflix.ca what a bloody scam... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Netflix.ca what a bloody scam...

Most often they won't send you a bill unless you hit that minimum payment amount. Hence no bill.

Either way. They admit hey you didn't use the service and then no we can't give you the money back. It's really something.

Visa is in the process of getting all the payments back. So I'm not at all worried. Really quite something.

Do you not internet bank? I mean I log into my bank account almost once a day to check balances etc... pretty sure if i had a credit card that I "hardly used" was on there and I saw it had a balanced, I'd click on it and find out just wtf is going on and catch it right away.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    XT6

I'm not sure Netflix is the bad guy here....

Sure there offerings leave a bit to be desired, but having a GST / Business # is NOT common knowledge. Surely people don't memorize it like their phone numbers - especially call center employees.

Also, why do you not check you statements monthly? Not sure how it's their fault you're not on top of your finances or charges being made to your accounts.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Theres no loophole, Netflix is a huge company. Dont you think that the government would know if they are not charging GST?

GST number is like your SIN, not everyone knows it by heart. Just because you dont know the number off hand does that make you a mexican? (jokes)

You'll be lucky if you get all 8 months back, chargebacks are only valid for claims 6 months old - most of the time. That doesn't mean you can't try and get lucky for the other 2 months of course.

I'm sure Netflix is just calculating and remitting GST/HST after the sale and charging everyone in Canada the same price - I do it all the time - sure it means profits are slightly different on a person to person (province to province) basis but on $8/month it's not a big deal.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Netflix is the reason ISP companies started charging for bandwidth. Now it costs me WAY more to look at beyond.

Rage.

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Originally posted by DeeK
    Netflix is the reason ISP companies started charging for bandwidth. Now it costs me WAY more to look at beyond.

Rage.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I know your trying to go off of principles here but seriously

32 bucks, you have easily spent way more time worrying about this and trying to fight the system then the $32 bucks is worth.

Take the 4 months rebate and walk away, instead use the 12+ hours you will spend trying to figure this out on picking up an extra shift at work and signing up for charge notification for your credit cards.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Originally posted by pea_soup
    thats just it. i never got one single email from them with this supposed bill. i did just receive an email saying thanks for cancelling a week after they cancelled it for me.
    hmmphh, maybe you can show netflix that email to prove you indeed did cancel, that way they refund the money?? not sure if u tried that already

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

Originally posted by takkyu
    Okay, lemme rephrase. ISP's claim that they have to charge for bandwidth now that servies such as netflix are around.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2010/...-bandwith-use/

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20...end-up-paying/

Again. I'm not saying netflix is completely to blame, just one of the major reasons ISP's are claiming for putting bandwidth caps/charges in place.

It's all over the net. google it.

Well they did give me the 4 months which is great. Now visa is going after them for every single charge as it was apparent the account was cancelled just not cancelled in their billing system.

The customer reps were confused why I wasn't getting emailed their monthly invoice that tells you are being billed. So it appears the account was not cancelled but cancelled.

It's pretty obvious when you haven't used it for 8 months though and only used it for 5 days after the signing up.

I may end up getting 12 charges back from because Visa can't just go after certain charges, but they can go after all of them. Normally they can only go back 90 days on single charges, however when they are multiple charges from the same merchant they can be a little more proactive.

Either way, it is scammy.

I've been using Netflix for a while now and I never receive monthly invoices. I just know to check my Visa statements for that $8 a month ...

I've also cancelled and re-actived my subscription multiple times without a hitch, it was actually extremely simple.

Also, I do notice the selection is getting a trillion times better than say to 6 months ago. They've stepped up their game.. breaking bad, the walking dead, etc.. movies as well.. They've definitely made my $8 a month worth while at this point.

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

OP: your arguments are illogical. Do you seriously expect a call centre rep to know the company's GST number? That alone discredits the rest of your post.

Get rid of your Neflix and do one of two things:

1) Get USA Netflix

2) Get a $10/mo newsgroup service that can max out your internet connection

You will likely be a lot happier, and the selection is far bigger.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Get rid of your Neflix and do one of two things:

1) Get USA Netflix

2) Get a $10/mo newsgroup service that can max out your internet connection

You will likely be a lot happier, and the selection is far bigger.
    I have both US and Canada Netflix, and selection varies month to month. This month, there's way more on Canadian Netflix than US.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

And they just refunded me

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by rage2

I have both US and Canada Netflix, and selection varies month to month. This month, there's way more on Canadian Netflix than US.
    This is true. I have unblock us installed and it seems Canadian netflix is much better this month.
    As for the OP, you should try keeping track of your expenses better.

My Ride
    93 integra

Originally posted by Mibz
    Do you ever think that you're not as happy as you could be?
    I have no idea why...but this made me laugh so much, completely made my night. well not really but you made me laugh in any case.

I don't know why people get netflix. it sucks. My buddy has is and by the time we get a movie going the food is either cold, gone or been sitting too long and then the quality is shit when you finally get it going.

Rent or download...

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

Originally posted by ekguy

I have no idea why...but this made me laugh so much, completely made my night. well not really but you made me laugh in any case.

I don't know why people get netflix. it sucks. My buddy has is and by the time we get a movie going the food is either cold, gone or been sitting too long and then the quality is shit when you finally get it going.

Rent or download...
    Tell your buddy dial up doesn't cut it anymore. Takes a whole 10 seconds to start a movie for me...
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast