Quantcast
Wierd Scenerio... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wierd Scenerio...

Default Wierd Scenerio...

Good day all. Hey just wondering if anyone knows how to trace back to see who the previous owner of a truck is before me? I just purchased a truck off a guy in town here, that was working for us for the past couple days. After I had bought this truck he has not been seen since... We did up a bill of sale, and what not got his signature, a witness and then my signature. Just wanna make sure this truck is not stolen or belongs to a " buddy " of his and he just up and sold it..

Thanks...

Please tell me you carproofed it before you bought it...

I don't think registries are allowed to give out personal information but I could be wrong.

My Ride
    Horse

The registry can tell you if it is stolen or has a lien on it, costs like $20. If stolen then call the police.

if not stolen/no lien its yours?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Ya, I built some crazy ass shit with Lego as a kid. I had a thing for AMC Eagle AWD's as a kid for some bizarre reason, so I spent a lot of time going to the library and reading up on how AWD works in that car. I even hitchhiked to the library once cuz my parents were too lazy to drive me haha. Ya, I'm a nerd.

You don't know how...

Nah its all good I did carfax / carproof it / lien search it before i bought it, but what i am saying is what happens if this dude " borrowed " it off a family member which i don't know if he did or not, and then sold it to me here... And the family member or friend thinks he still has it... I have no clue... I just wanna find out that infact this guy with the last name of Wells owned this truck, and sold it to me, and i have no worries of it belonging to someone else... BDX 2581 is the plate that was on it when I bought it.. If someone can look it up and make sure that infact it was the Mr Wells that owned that plate, then all is clear ...

I think you'll be fine, did you record his license number on the bill of sale?

Btw I hope the registry didn't scam you into a lien search on top of a carproof, the carproof report checks for liens as well!
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-17-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Yeah... I did record the old plate on the bill of sale, but now I typed in the plate on the http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/English/search.cfm site and it comes up a stolen plate... So I don't know... Type in the vin # and its good to go, but typed in the plate number and it comes back possibly stolen... So called the police and they are getting back to me...

I was asking about the guy's drivers license, you are supposed to record that in the identification section of the Alberta bill of sale.

Yeah no, he had lost EVERYTHING he owned and needed the cash, to get his id and what not back... So we did up a paper bill of sale, which is where I am kinda leary about is... I am going to go to where he aparantly is working tomorrow and find out his drivers license number.... Or else the registeries, but usually don't they check before they re register it to a new owner to make sure the legit owner is selling the truck??? I know I would...

Weird, that sounds oddly convenient, isn't it like $25 to get a new license if you lose yours?

I don't think the registry will check that the seller on the BOS matches the last recorded owner.

Well update... Low and behold!!! Truck was stolen from Red Deer! While running in a parking lot... So beware people the guy has a Alberta Tattoo on his neck and going around with his native girlfriend, his name is or he claims to be Mr. Michael J Wells, and his girlfriend is Samantha Lester...

My Ride
    Quattro A4 Avant 1.8T 5MT

So are u screwed then or what?
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

There is so much wrong with everything in the scenario you laid out...
    I almost can't believe that you went through with this 'purchase'.

Originally posted by Khalil.e
    This.

Is it really that simple to part a man from his money? Maybe my wife is right when she says, "there's no stupid people in this world, they're really stupid people"
    Two hands working can do more than a million clasped in prayer...

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-04-2020 at 01:10 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

That is too bad op, hope you aren't out a lot of money and they catch the guy. You obviously know this by now but when buying a vehicle you need to see 2 pieces of ID and write down at least one of them on the BOS never buy a vehicle if the person cant provide this. I would never buy a vehicle if I didn't know where the person lived either. Also, never pay cash for a vehicle, a bank draft is only a few dollars and it gives you a paper trail as well as making it quite difficult for a person to cash it if they give you a fake name.

If you are still looking for a truck make sure you print off a few copies of the Alberta bill of sale. To be honest even if the vehicle wasn't stolen and the guy was legit I doubt the registry would accept your scrap paper bill of sale with no information on it.
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-18-2011 at 08:01 AM.

I hate to say this but I'm with Khalil.e

On a side note, did you get the vehicle for an "unbelievably good" price?

My Ride
    Hybrid

Default Re: Wierd Scenerio...

Originally posted by westbeach70
    Just wanna make sure this truck is not stolen or belongs to a " buddy " of his and he just up and sold it..
    You're making sure now? Why not make sure before buying it?

Was it this truck?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=340312
    Originally posted by westbeach70
    hey guys... hey just wondering if someone can do a VIN search for me as I am looking at this truck for SUPER cheap, and just wanna make sure its not a write off or anything.. thanks, if you could email it to me at [email protected] or attach it as a Private Message here that would be great of ya, I'd owe ya some wobbly pop's for whomever can do it for me...Thanks...

VIN # 1GCCS146848130692
    2004 CHEVY COLORADO

thanks again...

chris...
    "SUPER cheap"? Sounds like you had it coming. How much are you out?

My Ride
    F150, Dieselgate Jetta, Mustang

Buy first ask questions later, this is how I conduct all my purchases. I just got a killer deal on a new BMW, almost half price, the dude is overseas and is going to ship it to me at no cost after I wire a deposit, can't wait.............

There's nothing wrong with what he did. OP, you'll probably need a new truck now and i have one for sale. It's a 2010 range rover and ill let it go for $10,000(the price is low because i wanna help you out). I also have to mention that I lost all my keys but ive ordered them from the dealer but it'll take 3 weeks, in the mean time my dealer set it up to start with a screwdriver. let me know
    Originally posted by 89coupe

LOL, $95 for two sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Is this not including any drinks or something?

Are you guys all students on a budget or something?

My lunch tab is that much for two people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast