Quantcast
Go ahead, be offensive this holiday season... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Go ahead, be offensive this holiday season...

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 04:29 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I know lots of muslim people, and all of them say merry christmas. It's the Jehovas who are most often offended, which is funny to me, because I think thier religion makes about as much sense as Scientology.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Audi

I realized that I had met someone who was offended by Christmas. He was white, and a Jehovah's Witness. I was like WTF aren't you a Christian?? Then I found out they don't celebrate anything.

My son's preschool class has Asian, Persian, Arab, and East Indian kids in it. The teacher had said she was going to do a Christmas day on their last day of preschool along with a gift exchange. Sure enough, the one kid who ruined it for everyone was white and a Jehovah's Witness.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

So do they still go to school during x'mas since they don't agree with x'mas? Do they decline boxing day discount?

Sorry, I insist on paying full price on this item.

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by lilmira
    So do they still go to school during x'mas since they don't agree with x'mas? Do they decline boxing day discount?

Sorry, I insist on paying full price on this item.
    The teacher was pretty choked and so were the volunteer parents. She had made a Christmas class and let all the parents know so that if any were offended, they could keep their kids home. The fucking parent sent their kid to the preschool anyway.

Because it was pre-school and not public school, she was not obligated to create an alternative 'class' for him. If I was a volunteer parent that day, I would've had the teacher to call his parents and send him home. I was going to raise a big stink about it, but I found out that if I did, the person who would get in shit would be the teacher.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 04:42 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Use peer pressure to make the kid defect from the parents

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    I know lots of muslim people, and all of them say merry christmas. It's the Jehovas who are most often offended, which is funny to me, because I think thier religion makes about as much sense as Scientology.
    Our company used to be owned by JW's. We werent allowed to have a blood drive at work, I couldnt have shirts that showed my half sleeve (tattoo's contaminate the blood?), we could never have ANYTHING to do with Christmas, we could never mention peoples birthdays.

It sucked.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by hampstor

The teacher was pretty choked and so were the volunteer parents. She had made a Christmas class and let all the parents know so that if any were offended, they could keep their kids home. The fucking parent sent their kid to the preschool anyway.

Because it was pre-school and not public school, she was not obligated to create an alternative 'class' for him. If I was a volunteer parent that day, I would've had the teacher to call his parents and send him home. I was going to raise a big stink about it, but I found out that if I did, the person who would get in shit would be the teacher.
    I see where you are coming from but why should they have made alternate plans for their kid just because the teacher decided to celebrate something they don't believe in.

It does suck but I guess this is why public schools have to keep these things out of school as much as possible. So many different belief systems out there it's hard not to step on someone's toes but the kid is a part of the class and has a right to be there. I guess just don't include them anything and they will sit there bored?
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

A devout muslim lady in our office has had her first Christmas tree this year. She is even giving out small presents to everyone. I have never met anyone that has been offended by any greeting of good intention. Shalom!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

JW preschool story
    Wow, small world, I heard this story from my sister-in-law this week. JW's FTL.

The version I heard was that the JW kid wasn't even supposed to be in class that day for some reason, then he just showed up, and ruinied the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by SilverGS

I see where you are coming from but why should they have made alternate plans for their kid just because the teacher decided to celebrate something they don't believe in.

It does suck but I guess this is why public schools have to keep these things out of school as much as possible. So many different belief systems out there it's hard not to step on someone's toes but the kid is a part of the class and has a right to be there. I guess just don't include them anything and they will sit there bored?
    In this incident we had, no, that kid does *not have a right* to be there. This was pre-school, not k-12 education.

In k-12 schools, alternative plans are common when certain topics can be offensive / parents disgaree with them (ie: Sex Ed).

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Wow, small world, I heard this story from my sister-in-law this week. JW's FTL.

The version I heard was that the JW kid wasn't even supposed to be in class that day for some reason, then he just showed up, and ruinied the day.
    Yep - he wasn't supposed to show up that day, but his parents sent him anyway.

Originally posted by randedge
    I walked into a conversation about this today.

What's troubling is the christian alarmists who think people are taking "Christ" out of "Christmas" keep blaming the wrong people. Hint: It isn't the 'coloured people of other faiths'.

In Islam, Jesus is a prophet. Participation in Christmas is at individual discretion.

In Judaism, Jesus is reviled as a pretender and fraud.

In Israel, Christmas trees are considered offensive, and businesses displaying them risk losing Kosher certification.

Originally posted by Cos

Our company used to be owned by JW's. We werent allowed to have a blood drive at work, I couldnt have shirts that showed my half sleeve (tattoo's contaminate the blood?), we could never have ANYTHING to do with Christmas, we could never mention peoples birthdays.
    JWs are messed. I lived with one and went to Joho Church for 6 months years back. He remains a good friend, but I got a first-hand view of a tragically messed up community.

I sent him a Christmas card last year, and he got offended. This is after a week in vegas skirt chasing and partying.

My Ride
    none

Anyone that truly believes in religious stories in this day and age. needs their head examined.

I agree with previous post. It should be changed to Merry Fucking Christmas

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Are they legally able to let you go because you said Merry Christmas? Isn't that an infringement of Freedom of Speech? I catch a few people off guard and actually MORE HAPPY when I say Merry Christmas. Go fuck yourself if you get offended
    Ultracrepidarian

I don't have to worry about this. I never say Merry Christmas to anyone unless they've already said it first. It's a benefit I guess - part of being an old miserable bastard. Who knew!!

But yeah, people are so fucked up. I figure if you say Merry Christmas to someone, and that offends them, be sure to tell them to Fuck Right Off! And see if that offends them...because they deserve it.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

What's that again?

In this incident we had, no, that kid does *not have a right* to be there. This was pre-school, not k-12 education.

In k-12 schools, alternative plans are common when certain topics can be offensive / parents disgaree with them (ie: Sex Ed).
    So in pre-school you can discriminate and tell kids not to come to their regular class because you are participating in a tradition their family doesn't follow?

Originally posted by SilverGS

So in pre-school you can discriminate and tell kids not to come to their regular class because you are participating in a tradition their family doesn't follow?
    If I am understanding this right the kid wasnt coming that day and that is why they planned the party for that day. They told the parents they were having the party and they still sent the kid.

Seems like the parents are more discriminating against the majority than the other way around.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos

If I am understanding this right the kid wasnt coming that day and that is why they planned the party for that day. They told the parents they were having the party and they still sent the kid.

Seems like the parents are more discriminating against the majority than the other way around.

I read it as this was a pre-planned Christmas thing for the last day but was still a normal pre-school day.

What did the kid do to ruin everything?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast