Quantcast
Practice Two - Hamilton pips Vettel at Interlagos26 Nov 2011 Lewis Hamilton’s rehab - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Practice Two - Hamilton pips Vettel at Interlagos26 Nov 2011 Lewis Hamilton’s rehab

Default Practice Two - Hamilton pips Vettel at Interlagos26 Nov 2011 Lewis Hamilton’s rehab

Practice Two - Hamilton pips Vettel at Interlagos26 Nov 2011

Lewis Hamilton’s rehabilitation continued in Brazil on Friday afternoon as he topped the second free practice session, but it was a close-run thing as the top eight drivers - from McLaren, Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes - were bracketed by just 0.480s.

Hamilton lapped his McLaren in 1m 13.392s, 0.167s ahead of Sebastian Vettel on 1m 13.559s and 0.195s up on the latter’s Red Bull team mate Mark Webber, who recorded 1m 13.587s...»

Lewis Hamilton admitted he was simply not quite quick enough in qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix as he struggled to fourth place.

Although Interlagos was the scene of his dramatic championship coronation in 2008, Hamilton said he was still trying to get his head around the set-up the circuit required.

"All weekend I've been struggling to be in the top three," he conceded.

"I've always struggled at this track in general with dialling the car into the circuit.

"It's a racer's circuit, but it's tricky.

"I didn't make any mistakes, but trying to find that time was quite difficult."

With Jenson Button a couple of tenths ahead in third place, Lewis said he knew the McLaren was capable of doing the times.

"It's a little bit disappointing really," he rued.

"We're still on the second row, but of course we'd have loved to have been quicker.

"I'm not too happy with my performance, in the sense that I wasn't quick enough.

"I was a couple of tenths off Jenson so clearly the car could've been a little bit quicker and the Red Bulls were just massively quick today.

"It was a bit of a struggle in the car, I just struggled to pull any more time out of it."

But he remained optimistic that a win was achievable, especially if it rains tomorrow.

"I'm disappointed it's not pole position but it's not the end of the world," Hamilton said.

"I can still have a good fight from there and tomorrow it's going to rain.

"It's probably a good thing that it's going to be raining because we're not fast enough to win here at the moment.

"I'm still there in the fight, I just wasn't quick enough today.

"Not the best performance I've had but it's still a place we can challenge for a win from, so I'm still positive in that sense."

im disappointed with lews performance

massa did donuts