Quantcast
Skyview Ranch - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyview Ranch

My Ride
    TSX

Default Skyview Ranch

What are your thoughts on this neighbourhood?

I really didn't want to purchase a condo/townhouse in the NE but the pricing is really attactive and location doesn't seem too bad. It's right by Metis Trail, 52 Ave, Country Hills Blvd, Stoney Trail and close access to Deerfoot Trail.

Seems like the community is really developing with a new shopping plaza and close Cross Iron Mills which should have a bunch of new stores soon? I'm not sure but I believe the future LRT line should extend to this area as well.

My Ride
    Cattle Train

I would check into the major high pressure gas lines running under ground in this area.
    Also what gas wells are still open or will be opening.

Does anyone have more insite into this?

The area is really starting to pickup and they are not telling people about this and what is still going on in this and other area's in the North.

Do some research. Try the city or phone some well known realtors in the area or within Calgary.

My Ride
    Grimace

I had looked there before I got a house in Sage Hill. Once it is built out it will be a pretty good location. For the money when I looked the Lionsworth sp? homes were extremely well built.

Gas wells though

My Ride
    SRT4- TOYOTA VENZA- CIVIC SIR

im building a house in skyview right now and i like the community.. theres lot of big project out there..
    63_TUNERS

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

I live in Skyview, I personally love it, great prices, great location, can't complain. I looked at Sage Hill and NW area but I got a lot more house here. Only complaint I've heard is to stay away from Excel homes....

The new runway will line up perfectly with the community so I hope you like airplane noise.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    The new runway will line up perfectly with the community so I hope you like airplane noise.
    Not really. Country Hills is closer to the landing/takeoff path of Rnwy 16/34, then Skyview will be to the new parallel's.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    This could be said about a lot of north Calgary neighborhoods and that does not seem to deter people.

I actually miss the sound of planes flying by... when I lived in Sandstone I could watch them out of my living room window.

My other place in Temple sits right under the path for 10/28... lol... you get buzzed overhead on the back deck.

My Ride
    2006 honda civic si

We are doing a huge 4 phase condo complex there right now, just about to start framing, the condo building look great in the plans and can't wait till they are done.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

They also just put up a sign that reads that the new community of Redstone will start next year. It will be north of Skyview.

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by tnuc
    We are doing a huge 4 phase condo complex there right now, just about to start framing, the condo building look great in the plans and can't wait till they are done.
    Is this SkyWest? This is the condo complex I'd be looking at. Do you know when Phase 1 shoud be complete?

Brother use to live there..ie bt fk nowhere land. If you work dt dont bother.

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by KappaSigma
    Brother use to live there..ie bt fk nowhere land. If you work dt dont bother.
    Can always park at McKnight Station and train it downtown?

My Ride
    2006 honda civic si

Originally posted by Speed_69

Is this SkyWest? This is the condo complex I'd be looking at. Do you know when Phase 1 shoud be complete?
    The Plans dont say on them what the name is but i can look into for you. Its right across from where they just finished building the town house style ones. Foundations are all ready framing started this week.

BUMP. Resurrecting an old thread to see how people who have lived there for awhile now, still think about the neighborhood. Aside from the lack of some amenities, any pros/cons with living there?

My Ride
    rally pig

^our house will be done in April and we are looking forward to it.
    we have friends that lives in the area already and have no major complaints.
    easy drive to Westwind C-Train station/Superstore, 5-10min drive to Balzac mall.
    Easy access to Country Hills, Stoney Trail.
    If you have kids, then I guess not having a school in the area is a concern.
    I live in Beddington and fiance lives in Coventry so the commute is not that different than our current but it will save us in the long run not having to drive to downtown anymore.

There's plan on extending the c-train once there's demand but I dont foresee it for another 3-5 years.

I am actually looking to build there too; there is a lot i'm looking at that is going to be right across from a massive three block green space. Elementary, Middle and even a community center is going in eventually. It will come with 4 soccer fields, tennis courts, a permanent ice rink and a baseball diamond.

I know the C-train is going to be running into the community eventually so that would be nice. Talking to one of the area managers in the new showhomes, some prep work for that has already been put in so it's just a matter of time. Trying to get an idea of the commute times, annoyances, etc before I put a deposit on the lot.

Hoping that Skyview is North Central enough to be away from the usual stuff in the NE and close enough to amenities.

My Ride
    rally pig

unfortunately it's fairly close to NE with Saddleridge right under it.
    also it looks like they are starting to develop the land just south of CountryHills/ Skyview and I see some houses getting built there(im guessing for showhomes).
    and I know of some families that used to live in Coral Spring/Monterey that have moved/moving to Skyview.

However commute is the main reason why we decided to go Skyview over Evanston/Sage Hill.
    Have you seen how many sets of lights you have to drive through from Sage/Evanston to get to Beddington or even Stoney Trail?
    I couldn't see myself driving that road 5 times a week

Pretty sure that land you're talking about might still be Skyview but with a different land developer. Mind if I asked you what you built in terms of price/square footage and whom you built with? We're looking at the numbers, and looking at a place thats 2489 sq ft for around $490K all upgrades included. The same place in the NW would easily be 70-80g more.

I have friends that live in Nolan Hill/Sage Hill. While it does add some time, it's usually 5-10 minutes more than a commute from Panorama or Coventry. There's "one" exit route from Evanston (until the 14st street bridge is built) so an accident there would completely close up that area, same for that bottle neck just before the exits to Stoney. You can technically drive North to 144 Ave and swing over to Shag to go down; I hear the road is done up there but dont know for sure if it is open yet.

My Ride
    rally pig

We went with Morrison, Huntington B house model.
    If you go see the showhomes in Skyview, our house will almost be exactly the same as the left house, same planning, almost same colors except we didn't get the sunroom, moved the laundry room in the basement and custom built the suite bathroom.
    all in all, with deck done, upgraded kitchen, hardwood on almost everything except the bedroom, we are looking at around $420k
    And it's about 2200 sqft I believe.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast