Quantcast
cant find block heater... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: cant find block heater...

My Ride
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer

Default cant find block heater...

Cant find block heater plug ... I rented a 2003 Ford Windstar and its mighty cold out in calgary right now ... can someone help !?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I have a similar problem on a 94 sunbird. anyone know what side of teh block the heater is on? i need to find out or i won't be able to park in the garage
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

you'll need light.... Just look on the sides of the BLOCK, most likely the front (Radiator side) it'll look like a ....plug, hehe.. Could also be on the Left and right sides... hardly ever the back..

the wire looks like a normal house table lamp wire, find it and follow it..

** OR.... go to crappy tire, find a repair manual, rip it open look for the plug, and off you go.**

Windstar, doesen't it have a owner's manual? If not phone Ford Canada's 24hr line 1-800-???-???? (they have one) OR call a dealership...

Tommorow might be too late, so drive to a car wash, with good lighting and heat and look for your plug! Good luck guys!

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

eaither you dont have one or it is hidden in a good spot

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

the cars posted above SHOULD have them... BUT i did own a 1982 Corolla that diden't have a block heater.. I just pumped the gas while turning the motor, and it started everytime.... damn i miss that car...

My Ride
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer

Thanks for the replies I'll try and look again ... the weather is lighten up a little so i'll manage to stay out a little longer than a couple days ago ... Ive also phoned the place where I rented the car ... if I cant find it I can go over there and they'll show me ...

Thanks again for the replies !

My Ride
    S2K/323

you might not have one, my integra does not. it was just a factory option, i think its like an extra 150 bucks or something. but usually rental cars have them