Quantcast
Rules For Sport Compact List For 2012 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rules For Sport Compact List For 2012

My Ride
    1997 Talon

Default Rules For Sport Compact List For 2012

Since there was alot of arguing lets hash out what the rules are going to be for next season I say put a displacement cap on motors, has to be overhead cam, possibly tire size, and everything else goes. Bring it don't sing it and hope your brought enough.
    1997 Talon
    Best Et 9.6 Best Mph157
    NO Nitrous

My Ride
    1997 Talon

General Eligibility Requirements for 2011

1. Vehicle must be owned by an Alberta resident or business. Vehicle must be registered and insured in the province of Alberta.
    2. Quarter mile pass must be completed on an Alberta quarter mile track. [Edmonton: Castrol Raceway, Calgary: Race City Motorsports Park, Medicine Hat: Medicine Hat Dragstrip, and Fairview/Drayton Valley/Grand Prairie.]
    3. A digital photo or scan of your time slip [JPG format], which clearly indicates the Track, Date and your cars time must be submitted. Handwritten slips will not be accepted, pray the printer is working.
    4. Video may also be used to submit your time IF a time slips is not available. [WMV format] Your video must clearly show the entire pass from start to finish and MUST clearly show the tower displaying both the MPH and the ET. In car video will not be suitable. Video alone may only be used in the case of cars running 11.49 or slower. All times quicker than 11.49 must have a valid time slip and back-up pass time slip or video.
    5. When you submit your time, please include your Car Make/Model/Year and the name/screen name you wish to have displayed in the list.

Additional Information:

1. Primary fuel for eligible vehicles must be gasoline. Use of Race Gasoline is permitted. Water/Methanol Injection is permitted. Nitrous Oxide is Permitted.
    2. Eligible cars must be streetable with the exception of tires. All variations of tire construction are permitted. Bias ply Slicks, Drag Radials or Street Radials.
    3. Eligible engines (v8less) must be of an overhead cam (OHC) configuration. [exception: RX-7/8 Etc. Rotary]
    4. All formats of drive, be it RWD, FWD or AWD are eligible for the list.

For the purpose of this list a Sport Compact is defined as follows:

Any vehicle with an OEM engine displacement less than 3.8L. [3,800cc or 231 cubic inches.] Cars with stroker kits are permitted, providing that they do not exceed the displacement cap. Example a stroked 370z would be ineligible. A 2.4L stroked to 2.6L would be eligible.

11.49 or quicker Pass Requirements:

1. A back-up pass is required for passes quicker than 11.49 seconds. Your quickest pass needs to be backed up by a secondary pass that is within 0.25 seconds of the quick pass ET. Example, a pass of 11.13 must be backed up with a second pass that is 11.38 or quicker. Back-up passes must occur within a 45 day period.
    2. Times submitted without a back-up pass will be allowed on the list, noted with an asterix, indicating that a back-up pass is yet to be completed. These times will be removed if a valid back-up pass is not submitted within the 45 day allowance.

Last years rules
    1997 Talon
    Best Et 9.6 Best Mph157
    NO Nitrous

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I think defining sport compact just by engine size is silly. For example, an Aristo sure as hell isn't compact, or sporty, but qualifies with it's 3.0L engine as one. And also has a damn good chance of making it up the list with that engine.

If you're going to make it a "sport compact" list the easiest way would be a weight cap at like 3000 lbs, as well as the displacement cap.

If it's going to just be the displacement cap we may as well make it a V8less list and include anything without a V8.

My Ride
    1997 Talon

Good points keep them coming!
    1997 Talon
    Best Et 9.6 Best Mph157
    NO Nitrous

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

i think it should not be called a sport compact list when half the cars last year were not. v8 less list would be more appropriate