Quantcast
DOG GOT ATTACKED! What can I do? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: DOG GOT ATTACKED! What can I do?

Default DOG GOT ATTACKED! What can I do?

My little pom/yorkie mixed got attacked by two huge St bernards at a dog park. He has suffered from 5 broken ribs and had to undergo x-rays and careful monitoring of his blood levels and our vet bill is at $1000 right now! We were able to get the license plate of the lade

BAL-186 Dark blue Jeep Liberty.

Does anyone know how I can find this lady to get her to reimburse me for my vet bill?

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP???

Thanks I appreciate any information! thanks

I don't own a dog, but I think I would see if I could call 311 for Animal Control and report the attack to By-law enforcement.

Were there any other witnesses?

My Ride
    6.2L V8

It's a good thing you got the lades license plate.

In all seriousness though, did the guy just let his dogs try an eat your dog and then stuff his dogs in the truck and speed off?

My Ride
    growls

Awww poor puppy! hope things work out for you and your dog!

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

I don't understand.

Obviously you were at a dog park and this lady also had her dogs there. Your dog gets attacks and she takes off?? More details. Where were you when this "attack" happened?

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

I got a feeling that if it was some lady she probably wouldn't have been able to control her dogs if they wanted to overpower her.

After the attack, my poor puppy was drenched in the dogs saliva and I was so worried about my dog Mojo that I did not think to get her information. There was no blood at all but broken ribs when we found out at the vet. As soon as I got in my car she was driving off and at that time was when I grabbed her license plate.

We were both present during the attack. The two dogs began to circle my dog Mojo and then one fot eh dogs pushed him over and held him down as the other grabbed his body and flung him around. I kicked the dog off my dog.

Anyone work at the registry that can get me her address??

Someone suggested I go to the humane society or to the police. Not sure what they would do though. I just want compensation for teh money. I am lucky that Mojo is alive and well.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Go to bylaw, they can use the police database to track her down. Are you willing to file a report saying what happened, even if her dogs are removed and possibly destroyed?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    K20A2

oh man that is terrible i hope your dog gets better. Good luck and hope your dog gets a super fast recovery
    Built with Chopsticks

Ya I was told that if I go through the humane society or bylaw they wil or may put the dogs down. I would rather not have it that way and I really don't want to "charge" her but I do want her to know what her dogs did to Mojo and to get reimbursed.

My ideal outcome would be that I get her address somehow and meet her to talk to her and tehn get my money back (maybe I'm dreaming).

Any other suggestions.

Thank you to everyone who have been posting their well wishes

I fuckin hate when there are cranky dogs at a dog park.

HOWEVER....(I'll don my flame suit now)...I go all the time, and only twice have I ever seen this, and my dog finally just snapped back at the two cranky boxers and end of story. But what baffles me is, there are a ton of large dogs at these dog parks. Bull Mastiffs, Bernards, Shepards, Danes, etc, all running free. And they love to play hard. My medium sized lab loves playing hard too. The reason most of these owners come to a park like this is so that their large dogs can blow off steam. Then along comes an owner with a dog the size of a teacup and they're getting all pissed and stressed when these large dogs bowl them over and play rough. Why take a tiny dog like this to a dog park??? I know I know, you have every bit as much right as the large dog owner, blah blah blah...but life is life. Large dogs play rough. Those little tiny dogs can burn off steam anywhere. You could take them to any small park and let 'em run around. In the OP's case...were the bernards really attacking your dog? or were they playing rough?
    If it was a true "attack" then I doubt you would have let the owner walk away, as well as anyone else in the area watching. More than likely it was a rough play, and because of the difference in size, your dog was badly injured.

I'm not trying to be cold, and OP...I hope you can get some restitution. I'm truly sorry for your little pup.

Phone the animal services first, and they'll tell you if you have grounds to call the police. I somehow doubt it though.

Originally posted by C_Dave45

HOWEVER....(I'll don my flame suit now)...I go all the time, and only twice have I ever seen this, and my dog finally just snapped back at the two cranky boxers and end of story. But what baffles me is, there are a ton of large dogs at these dog parks. Bull Mastiffs, Bernards, Shepards, Danes, etc, all running free. And they love to play hard. My medium sized lab loves playing hard too. The reason most of these owners come to a park like this is so that their large dogs can blow off steam. Then along comes an owner with a dog the size of a teacup and they're getting all pissed and stressed when these large dogs bowl them over and play rough. Why take a tiny dog like this to a dog park??? I know I know, you have every bit as much right as the large dog owner, blah blah blah...but life is life. Large dogs play rough. Those little tiny dogs can burn off steam anywhere. You could take them to any small park and let 'em run around. In the OP's case...were the bernards really attacking your dog? or were they playing rough?
    If it was a true "attack" then I doubt you would have let the owner walk away, as well as anyone else in the area watching. More than likely it was a rough play, and because of the difference in size, your dog was badly injured.

I'm not trying to be cold, and OP...I hope you can get some restitution. I'm truly sorry for your little pup.

Phone the animal services first, and they'll tell you if you have grounds to call the police. I somehow doubt it though.
    I am with dave 200%. Taking your pet to an off leash area its the OWNERS responsibility for the safety of their dog. Personally i think its irresponsible for you as the owner to have put your dog in that situation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a small teacup poodle would get hurt very easily by pretty much any dog out there. Animals have instincts and there is nothing you can do to stop that.

Pay the vet bill and help your little guy get better, and next time, keep your lap dog on your lap.

NOTE: I have my own dog and am a very avid dog lover. My dog is also a very unique breed that demands a responsible owner to keep himself safe. Hence off leash dog parks are a no go.

My Ride
    99 Blazer

What dog park?
    license plate.is enough call bylaw and ask what your options are before giving it to them, I hope it was just a size issue, and she would accept responsibility. However its a recurring problem then she can deal with bylaw, and maybe stop letting these dogs off leash.

I have learned my lesson and will never take him again. I have been taking him for the last 2 years and never had an issue.

Aside from this fact, I just wanted to post this thread to get some help. Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to how I can get compensated for the bill.

Thanks

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by shower
    I have learned my lesson and will never take him again. I have been taking him for the last 2 years and never had an issue.

Aside from this fact, I just wanted to post this thread to get some help. Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to how I can get compensated for the bill.

Thanks
    Call Animal and Bylaw Services, this is their jurisdiction. You will have to file a report. They will probably track the owner down and there will be an investigation, this will include and assessment of the dogs involved. After that they will come to a decision on what happens.

You can't get compensation outside of filing a report.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    is Invisible

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by C_Dave45

I agree 100%. It absolutely sucks that your dog was hurt, but in reality if the St. Bernards were actually attacking your dog, it would be dead.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    This and that.

Also you mentioned that there was no blood. So the other dogs weren't biting your pup or anything at all. From what it sounds like, if it was a proper attack, there would be teeth involved as well. Perhaps the other dogs were indeed just playing rough as large dogs like to, as someone already mentioned.

Sorry for your misfortune though. I would suggest getting in touch with the lady and explaining what happened to her. And if she's a good person and feels up to it, perhaps get her to compensate even partially for the bill and the ordeal you and your dog had to go through. Otherwise, I don't even know if anything else can be done in this case.

My Ride
    '11 Tundra TRD

Call bylaw, its your only option. You wont get registries to give out an address etc, and if somebody did, it would be a breach of the privacy act.

If you want to take your dog to the dog park to socialize, that can still be done on leash, where you can control a good portion of the interaction.

My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia

So from what everyone else is saying here, it sounds pretty safe to pass on the plate to the proper people without a threat of any other animal being harmed. Then a neutral party will decide what to do.

Those of you blaming him, maybe?, but not the right time.
    Those of you making fun of him, pretty low.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast