Quantcast
Block Heater in 240sx?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Block Heater in 240sx??

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Block Heater in 240sx??

Does anyone who has a 91-94 Nissan 240sx LE Fastback know if theres a block heater on this car??

I drive a 93 Nissan 240sx LE Fastback and cant seem to find my block heater and it doesnt say anythin in the manual and yeah my car hasnt been starting for almost a week now since the weather is so damn cold...

Any tips on how to get it started??I tried, the gearbox is pretty much hard, my clutch pedeal..u step on it and actually have to pull it back up with ur foot and it cranks but doesnt start..
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

nope, I installed one last winter, only about 80$ at any shop.

PS... your clutch does that to? its not just mine!!! damn man, you made me so happy by posting that. haha, I thought i blew my clutch or somthing and was bumbed that i would have to park it again.... haha, but the block heater wount help your clutch or any thign man, I could barly get mine started the other day then my clutch was dropping to the floot when i would hit it and id haveto pull it up with my foot too. So im guessing its normal for 240's in weather liek this.... im gonan try it tomorrow agian.

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

Your car may not come witha factory block heater. Some cars come with the option of a block heater when you buy it from the dealership. If not you will have to fork outrt some cash for the install. You can also opt for a inline heater or magnetic block heater. Good luck.
    Rev high, ride low.

My Ride

Yeah I think the clutch fluid or pedal gets pretty stuck when its freezing out and my car is sittin in my backyard at like -40 to -50 weather so pretty sure the fluids are gettin pretty thick and frozen...

Mine does that all the time..even with my gearbox..I tried to just move it around in neutral but it wont go much...

So I'm guessin I'm screwed til the sun comes out again..damn it lol...

Damn I need a block heater but pretty sure theblock heater wont help much cuz its TOO DAMN COLD OUTSIDE
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

hmm, sort of off topic
    but any 240 owners driving their cars now finding no heat in the cabin for about 30 minutes?

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Dudes, I don't understand why tour 240's won't start, mine always starts, even last year when it dropped from +10 (reason why I was driving it) to -35 that night and mine also doesn't have a block heater. The truck has sat outside for the last 3 days, unplugged, and started it last night no problems. Had to put the clutch in cuz the tranny was frozen but it started up fine and it's got 360k on it. You guys may want to take your car in to get it looked at, there may be sumthin wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride

Nah theres nothing wrong with my car,I just think maybe its a weak battery or just too cold to start..thats all...

It starts and drives fine when the weather is warm..

But ours is a 240sx and urs is a Nissan truck..they may have the same engine but may be different in other ways I dunno?lol...

My Ride

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Nah theres nothing wrong with my car,I just think maybe its a weak battery or just too cold to start..thats all...

It starts and drives fine when the weather is warm..

But ours is a 240sx and urs is a Nissan truck..they may have the same engine but may be different in other ways I dunno?lol...
    No, youmis understand, the night when it dropped to
    -35 I was driving the 240 (last febuary) cuz it was +10 that day but while I was at work, by 10pm it was -35 and it then sat until 1:30 am (when I got off work) at who knows how cold, and it started up no problems or protests. Mine is a 96, but is is virtually identical (drive train wise) to the 92's and up.
    She wishes it was deep.

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Yup, my Hardbody sits outside unplugged and starts great. My 240 on the other hand has a weak battery and is being anal. Its ok tho, id rather not drive it now anyway.

Oh and I get decent heat within 10 minutes in the cold.

My Ride

Hmmmm I have no clue then...maybe it was becuz u actually drove it that day it dipped to -35 so ur battery had a chance to charge up and stuff cuz I havent driven my car in like maybe a week or 2...

But I'm guessin maybe I have a weak batter but it cant be the battery I think cuz my car actually turns on, radio and everything and even cranks, like the engine cranks but its just not starting..kinda like sputtering...tried flooring it and adding gas too but its not gonna start..I'm guessing way too cold so I should switch to 5w30 oil instead...or a new fuel pump or maybe my gas line is frozen so yeah...

Sucks to be me lol and I get heat within 10 mins too..

My Ride
    S14/D21

The recommended oil for your 240 is 5W30..

What are you running now?

My Ride

I'm running with 10w30 Full Synthetic Castrol Oil

My Ride

Originally posted by NismoS14
    Yup, my Hardbody sits outside unplugged and starts great. My 240 on the other hand has a weak battery and is being anal. Its ok tho, id rather not drive it now anyway.
    Oh and I get decent heat within 10 minutes in the cold.
    Wow, u got a S14, a hardbody winter car, and a hot chick in your avatar, just like me!!!! dude that is scary (i mean what are the odds? a rare s14 owner and truck as well? with a special affinity for girls in thongs? it'll be like lookin in a mirror),.... Back on topic The 10w30 synthetic may be a tad bit on the heavy side for -35 and under, but is shouldn't be a problem as the weather seems to be clearing up and is gonna be -7 by this weekend!
    She wishes it was deep.

My Ride
    S14/D21

Originally posted by dj_rice
    I'm running with 10w30 Full Synthetic Castrol Oil
    Yeah...Im running 5W30 Castrol Syn in my car. Well even tho you have 10W30 syn its better than 10W30 conventional.

Originally posted by DonJuan

Wow, u got a S14, a hardbody winter car, and a hot chick in your avatar, just like me!!!! dude that is scary (i mean what are the odds? a rare s14 owner and truck as well? with a special affinity for girls in thongs? it'll be like lookin in a mirror),.... Back on topic The 10w30 synthetic may be a tad bit on the heavy side for -35 and under, but is shouldn't be a problem as the weather seems to be clearing up and is gonna be -7 by this weekend!

S14's are rare. Thats just one of many reasons why I love our cars.

My Ride
    1992 civic hatch "special edition"

Originally posted by chong_wallace
    hmm, sort of off topic
    but any 240 owners driving their cars now finding no heat in the cabin for about 30 minutes?
    yeah im finding that its taking quite a while to heat up..its probably normal

also the clutch in my 240 freezes up like that too..push it down, doesnt come back up unless u pull it up with ur foot...once the car has been warmed up the gearbox and clutch start functioning normally though
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Yeah, the clutch and gearbox are always like that due to the cold weather I guess in all 240sx's..

But as for my car starting..I'm thinking its a weak battery and a new battery should fix the problem or someone come and boost my car up lol...

As for the oil selection, my dad did my first oil change and thought 10w30 was correct for my car since he thought my car burnt alot of oil...but I actually went and read the manual and found out my car can use 5w30..he thought it was too thin

But as for oil changes...I'm gonna do one this weekend and was wondering what kinda oil all u guys use?I'm kinda broke right now so I just bought some 5w30 Quaker State oil..pretty sure its just conventional...this isnt gonna damage my engine or tranny will it since I had Full Syn in it b4?And is Quaker State a good brand or should I go back to Castrol

My Ride

I use Mobli 1. It's cheap insurance that's not so cheap.
    She wishes it was deep.

My Ride
    Mercedes 190's

dj_rice.......this topic has been beat do death in the past so do a search and you will find lots of info but..........if you are planning on switching from fully synth to non-synth, you are gonna need to do a full drain including filter because synth and non-synth do not mix(its like water and vegetable oil).

As for everyone else.....IMO its quite unusual for a car that has been sitting outside in -35(actual temp. without windchill) to start when it hhas not been plugged in or in a garage. If you dont have a block heater, you shoudl definitly get one.

My Ride
    S14/D21

Whats so unusual about it?

Im not lying about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast