Quantcast
Stolen Laptop by Air Canada Employee - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Laptop by Air Canada Employee

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Thread detailing the quest?
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Awesome to hear

Nice, congrats man.
    Does everything matter or does nothing matter?

I once had a laptop - in its bag, surrounded by clothing inside a sturdy suitcase and those bastards managed to crack the screen! It easily had 6" of padding on every side of it..

My Ride
    Nothing

OP is an asshole for causing Air Canada to raise ticket prices
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Guillermo
    i'm sorry OP, but I still feel like it's your own fault for leaving it on the plane in the first place - now, the rest of us are essentially paying for your mistake through increased airfare. I know it's a drop in the bucket, but it's the principle i'm talking about here.

I left a fitted minnesota twins hat on a plane in heathrow once, i should have went crying about it to the airline i guess.
    On my plane back from London, someone left a bag from Harrod's by the exit terminal. We all got notified of it before we departed. Some lady went screaming out of the plane to grab it An employee stealing the laptop was bullshit. Mistakes happen but honest people should help out.

Glad to hear Beyond was able to help out.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

It isn't OP who is at fault. It was the fucktard of an employee who instead of deciding to fulfill the duties of his job decided to keep lost property instead of reporting it.

No matter how you put it OP had his property stolen from an employee of Air Canada.

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

Originally posted by project240

Oh Fuck Off. He accidentally leaves his laptop on an airplane, an airline employee steals it, OP tracks down his laptop and you whine and bitch about it and compare it to leaving a hat on a plane? Seriously, are you an idiot?
    Thats what I was thinking. I'm not even that fucking retarded, and look at my screen name for fuck sakes.

IMO the OP is an idiot for losing his laptop. yes, the employee should have returned it, but if you read AC webiste it clearly states that they are not responsible for items left on the plane. OP should not have forgotten it on the plane. instead of blaming himself (or his gf, or whatever), he instead goes blaming AC as if it is their fault he lost his laptop - and we all have to pay for his mistake in the long run.

you can continue to tell me to fuck off, or whatever, but that's the way I see it (which is no more or less valid than any of your opinions, i might add). i generally try not to hurl insults at people over the internet though, since I like to think i'm more mature than that.

if this was my kid and he lost something on the plane, I would try to teach him not to place the blame on others for what was really his own mistake. seriously.
    Last edited by Guillermo; 12-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.

My wallet once fell out of my back pocket while unboarding and I realized what had happened when I was in the terminal. I had to wait for the plane to be cleaned and I eventually got my wallet back, of course all the cash was gone.

IMO the OP is an idiot for losing his laptop. yes, the employee should have returned it, but if you read AC webiste it clearly states that they are not responsible for items left on the plane. OP should not have forgotten it on the plane. instead of blaming himself (or his gf, or whatever), he instead goes blaming AC as if it is their fault he lost his laptop - and we all have to pay for his mistake in the long run.
    If he sat in 8A and guy in 9A stole it... then yeah it is the OP's loss. However it was an employee who stole it. What an employee or contractor does while working ultimately is the companies responsibility.

You are talking oranges we are talking apples.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Idiot Stick

Thats what I was thinking. I'm not even that fucking retarded, and look at my screen name for fuck sakes.
    You'll notice a trend with Guillermo's posts...

you can continue to tell me to fuck off
    Fuck off

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

IMO the OP is an idiot for losing his laptop. yes, the employee should have returned it, but if you read AC webiste it clearly states that they are not responsible for items left on the plane.
    So basically you're saying this makes it ok for the employee to steal his laptop? It's not like the OP randomly forgot it somewhere and just decided to blame AC. He got off a flight and realized he didn't have it. Doesn't take a genius to figure out he accidentally left it on the plane.

I realize AC can't control it if another passenger picked it up and walked out with it, but obviously that's not the case here.

What if a passenger left his/her medication on a plane and AC found it? They'd probably attempt to return it... same thing should have been done here.

Originally posted by A790

You'll notice a trend with Guillermo's posts...
    Very true.

I am not saying it was right for the employee to steal the laptop - just that instead of blaming AC, the OP should blame himself for leaving it behind. AC did not sign a contract and was under no obligation to guard over this guys stuff that he left on the airplane. OP was lucky that AC was willing to reimburse him for the purchase price. Anyone flying with AC is now paying to replace the laptop that OP forgot on the airplane.

This is not a crazy or "retarded" opinion, and in fact, businesses everywhere have disclaimers saying e.g. "not responsible for lost items." This is even printed on the AC website (I looked).

so while you guys sit behind your computer and assume the beyond mob mentality (which generally entails the highbrow strategy of name-calling), i'll continue living according to real world norms.
    Last edited by Guillermo; 12-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

AC Employee=AC

AC EMPLOYEE=WRONG

ERGO

AC=WRONG

AC Took responsibility for its employee effing up. Good for them. While the lost items arent their responsibility, their employees ARE!

I am not saying it was right for the employee to steal the laptop - just that instead of blaming AC, the OP should blame himself for leaving it behind. AC did not sign a contract and was under no obligation to guard over this guys stuff that he left on the airplane. OP was lucky that AC was willing to reimburse him for the purchase price. Anyone flying with AC is now paying to replace the laptop that OP forgot on the airplane.

This is not a crazy or "retarded" opinion, and in fact, businesses everywhere have disclaimers saying e.g. "not responsible for lost items." This is even printed on the AC website (I looked).
    If the OP never found out who took his laptop and cut his losses, then yes, kick himself for leaving it behind. But the fact of the matter is, he DID find out who took it, so you are saying he should just sit back and do nothing?

If I'm walking around late at night and get mugged, yes maybe I shouldn't have been out at that time, but if the cops found the guy who did it should he not be held accountable? Obviously not because charging and booking him would cost all the taxpayers more money (not unlike airline costs)
    When lazy let idle.

Originally posted by TaiChino

If I'm walking around late at night and get mugged, yes maybe I shouldn't have been out at that time, but if the cops found the guy who did it should he not be held accountable? Obviously not because charging and booking him would cost all the taxpayers more money (not unlike airline costs)
    but you can't mug yourself... can you?

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by R-Audi
    AC Employee=AC

AC EMPLOYEE=WRONG

ERGO

AC=WRONG

AC Took responsibility for its employee effing up. Good for them. While the lost items arent their responsibility, their employees ARE!
    EXACTLY!

I'm working in someone's house and my employee steals something. I reimburse the homeowner and take responsibility for the guy I hired...

Oh wait, that's what Air Canada did. Makes sense
    Last edited by project240; 12-13-2011 at 11:06 AM.

but you can't mug yourself... can you?

He didn't steal his own laptop
    When lazy let idle.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast