Quantcast
Stolen Laptop by Air Canada Employee - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen Laptop by Air Canada Employee

Default Stolen Laptop by Air Canada Employee

Some of you may remember a previous post detailing how my laptop was left on an Air Canada flight. This laptop had Prey tracking software installed and 3 weeks after it was lost it began reporting that it was in the Surrey Area. With the help of Prey and some beyond members it was determined that the person in possession of my laptop was an employee of Air Canada. Unfortunately the thief was notified that the Police and this forum were investigating his actions. He subsequently disposed of the laptop and prey stopped sending reports. At which point the Police lost their "hard" evidence and concluded their investigation.

After contacting Air Canada they sent me a cheque for the full purchase price of the laptop. I do not know what has happened to the employee as it is confidential between his employer and himself. So I would like to say thank to Air Canada and more importantly those Beyond members that helped me.

Again Thank you to the beyond.ca detectives

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

My Ride
    05 Civic

Beyond always prevails
    Last edited by -relk-; 12-12-2011 at 05:09 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

DFWB.

Don't fuck with beyond. Catching car thieves, fraudsters, scammers, thugs, thieves, and other lowlifes since 2002.

wow I couldn't even get air Canada to fix a piece of luggage they destroyed!

Originally posted by -relk-
    Beyond always prevails

My Ride
    12' Civic, 88' Prelude, 02' F350

Originally posted by A790
    QFT!

i'm sorry OP, but I still feel like it's your own fault for leaving it on the plane in the first place - now, the rest of us are essentially paying for your mistake through increased airfare. I know it's a drop in the bucket, but it's the principle i'm talking about here.

I left a fitted minnesota twins hat on a plane in heathrow once, i should have went crying about it to the airline i guess.

Originally posted by Guillermo
    i'm sorry OP, but I still feel like it's your own fault for leaving it on the plane in the first place - now, the rest of us are essentially paying for your mistake through increased airfare. I know it's a drop in the bucket, but it's the principle i'm talking about here.

I left a fitted minnesota twins hat on a plane in heathrow once, i should have went crying about it to the airline i guess.
    But of ALL people to pick up the laptop, IE Air Canada employee, it should have been returned to the rightful owner because they represent the company.

Aside from the employee, anyone else with good morals would have returned the laptop.

My Ride
    Lease

Haha the devils advocate lol. Got a point or sure, but good on op an air canada

Glad it worked out. I wonder who tipped him off though.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

i'm sorry OP, but I still feel like it's your own fault for leaving it on the plane in the first place - now, the rest of us are essentially paying for your mistake through increased airfare.
    Air Canada is one of the most expensive airlines in the world with regards to airport taxes, and fuel surcharges. If I have an option I'll avoid AC. Guess this is where part of it goes

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Default Re: Stolen Laptop by Air Canada Employee

Originally posted by 300rwhp
    Surrey
    Oh Surrey

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Good on Air Canada for doing the right thing.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Prey owns ...

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

He got reimbursed for his laptop.

You got dick all.

Who came out on top? Enjoy your throne.

you have a point, but I would argue it is the AC employee who is the one responsible for "the rest of us paying increased airfare" NOT the OP. Wouldn't have taken any man power to drop the laptop off with security or whoever handles lost items at an airport, instead the employee decided to waste AC and other's resources by stealing the laptop.

I don't think it is fair to compare your hat to a computer, not only the cost difference but I know I have priceless info on my laptop that I wouldn't want anyone getting a hold of so you have to factor that in, a hat is just a hat.

Plus if you are the type of person who leaves the size sticker on your fitted hat then you deserved to lose it anyways

I'm glad everything worked out.

I'm curious how you found out it was an AC employee?
    When lazy let idle.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Oh Fuck Off. He accidentally leaves his laptop on an airplane, an airline employee steals it, OP tracks down his laptop and you whine and bitch about it and compare it to leaving a hat on a plane? Seriously, are you an idiot?

I say good on you OP. Glad it worked out for you.

fantastic news!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast