Quantcast
Fuck UPS!!! - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck UPS!!!

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

My big ass magnaflow for the Aristo should be here tomorrow. $200 plus $50 shipping plus $19.45 brokerage.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/t...&track.x=Track

Under a week to get here.

Originally posted by DeleriousZ

The return address on the box was a calgary address. Pretty weird coming from Rock Auto. But if this means they've got a hub set up in Canada, that means there's going to be a LOT more stuff being ordered from there.
    Did you have to pay any duty/brokerage fees? Looking to make a Rock Auto order tonight and was a bit hesitant on whether I should or not.

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Originally posted by J.M.

Did you have to pay any duty/brokerage fees? Looking to make a Rock Auto order tonight and was a bit hesitant on whether I should or not.
    Nothing man, it was just left on my doorstep.

I was looking again today, and you have to make sure it has the 'consolidated' shipping option. I think the warehouse that it ships from has limited items; I could only find a few things here and there that shipped from it.

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Originally posted by Sentry
    My big ass magnaflow for the Aristo should be here tomorrow. $200 plus $50 shipping plus $19.45 brokerage.

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/t...;track.x=Track

Under a week to get here.
    Is it not $29 for brokerage for an item between $100-$200 on the UPS website, and then what about the bond fee on top of that? which I read as 2.7% of the value of the item.

-->http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

Quite often it's less than expected since most shippers understate the item value on the declaration form.
    There was no bond fee on this one. There rarely ever is.

Hey Sentry, can you pay using a credit card for their C.O.D.?

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Yes I always phone them up the day before it's due to be delivered with my tracking number and see if I owe brokerage, how much, and pay it with my CC. If they come to your door they will take down your CC info if you want to pay that way.

There was no bond fee on this one. There rarely ever is.
    Ok, how is the brokerage not $29 still unless the seller understates the value to be under $100.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by SportEL

Ok, how is the brokerage not $29 still unless the seller understates the value to be under $100.
    That's how

That's how
    If UPS damages the item, will the seller come back and say, Oh, you are only covered for part of the value since you asked me to understate the item.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

I didn't ask them to idiot, everyone does it on their own. Have you never ordered anything online before? Look at the customs declaration on the packages you get.

If UPS damages the item, c'est la vie. I'll get what I can from insurance and chalk up the rest as "shit happens". I've never had anything arrive damaged, ever. No matter what shipping srvice I use. Packages a little beat up? Sure. But the contents damaged? Never.

You seemed to know for certain that they would understate it, so I assumed you told them to.

Not everyone does it on their own. I have had packages shipped by USPS and some give the exact value, some under.

You can say you never had an item arrive damaged, but it's not always the case for everyone. I just wanted people to know what situation they could face or not if that indeed happens to them.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Personally its not worth the risk of not having that insurance for an item.... Im in the middle of a damage package claim and the seller understated the value, luckily I had to fill out a new commercial invoice and wrote it for full value.

Well, I wanted to have the opportunity to try to self-clear the package myself, but I guess the seller switched it up to Worldwide Expedited from Standard after delays on their end. I had called asking why they haven't shipped out yet.

So I called UPS, gave my tracking number and I asked how much brokerage I had to pay. I payed $72, which was split as $62GST and $10 brokerage which I gather from their website is the minumum bond fee for Worldwide Expedited packages. If they shipped Standard I would have had to pay $74 extra with their Entry Prep fee.

I would have had to go to 2 places, the CSBA Office and UPS Depot if I wanted to clear the package myself had they shipped Standard to save the $74.

However, they still left the package outside the door when someone was home. Yeah, a $1200 package. Luckily, I live in a good neighborhood.

My Ride
    Car

Fuck UPS...again. Have a package that was on schedule to be delivered yesterday, which I need before heading to the farm for the weekend for old mans birthday. Fucker leaves me a voicemail at 7:30p last night, saying he "needs my buzzer code" to deliver the pacakge - it's my fucking apartment number you twat! So he leaves me a phone number to organize things - a wrong number, which happens to be some "secret encounters" thing or whatever, which I conveniently called from my work phone (hope that doesn't bite me in the ass). So track down the proper number, have to spend 10 minutes figuring out what options to select before somebody can actually do anything. Tell the operator to "use my fucking apartment number", and now I can't get my package until Monday, most likely Tuesday or Wednesday since we all know UPS won't actually ring the buzzer - and I'll have to go get it myslf anyway.
    Only alternative is to drive up to the airport and pick it up there today during business hours, which simply isn't an option with my job.

Fuck UPS, and fuck Amazon for using them.

UPS delivered my rims and tires while i was on vacation with a message indicating that fact on the door

A neighbor was kind and stored them in their garage

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Stayed home from work today, and was expecting a package from UPS. It's a new sub box for my truck. It's wide, and it's heavy(50 lbs.). I was outside today, doing some yardwork in the front yard, got it cleaned up well, and was waiting for the UPS guy. Then I get an email on my phone that I'm listening to. Check the email, and it's the shipper asking me what happened. They got an email from UPS saying I refused the package, and it was RTS. I never saw the UPS guy, and it was said to be refused while I was in the front yard. He just randomly decided to RTS my sub box, probably because it's big and heavy, and he didn't want to deliver it. Now I come inside, call UPS, tell them this, they say they'll look into it, and want to know what I want to do. There's going to be no one home tomorrow, so I told them to hold it for me and I'll pick it up myself. LAZY BASTARDS!!

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Don't worry, you'll see that they aren't lazy at all. That package will make it back to the sender so fast that nobody can possibly stop it. The only time I've ever seen fast service from UPS is after they fucked up and I asked them to hold it at a depot for me. They've "redelivered" it 3 times in the same day then returned it to sender without even visiting my house once, or managed to scan it in another city just minutes after the failed delivery attempt... UPS makes me angry (just like everybody else, I know)

For the latest example, I bought a laptop from Lenovo, here is the tracking on it - and they still say it is "On Time" for delivery today, no fucking way.

They flew it right over my head, then it sat in Kentucky for a couple days before starting it's journey again. My money is on it arriving tomorrow but we'll have to see I guess.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/p...60444694864&WT

Tracking for my standalone for the Aristo. Overnighted from Florida. Only owed 15 bucks on arrival.

My Ride
    01 Integra SE / 07 Lexus GS 450H

Originally posted by Zero102
    Don't worry, you'll see that they aren't lazy at all. That package will make it back to the sender so fast that nobody can possibly stop it. The only time I've ever seen fast service from UPS is after they fucked up and I asked them to hold it at a depot for me. They've "redelivered" it 3 times in the same day then returned it to sender without even visiting my house once, or managed to scan it in another city just minutes after the failed delivery attempt... UPS makes me angry (just like everybody else, I know)

For the latest example, I bought a laptop from Lenovo, here is the tracking on it - and they still say it is "On Time" for delivery today, no fucking way.

They flew it right over my head, then it sat in Kentucky for a couple days before starting it's journey again. My money is on it arriving tomorrow but we'll have to see I guess.
    The flight comes direct from FSD-YYC

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast