Quantcast
Fuck UPS!!! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck UPS!!!

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by sevewone

If you have a roof over your front door I don't see why you would be concerned if they leave it at your front door. whenever I have to pick up files or books left by ups it is always in a water proof bag as well.
    Maybe so it doesn't get stolen?

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by swak
    ... as well Greyhound is good for shipping large stuff for cheap. Just no delivery.
    No their not. They quoted me $350 to ship a mountain bike down to Houston. Another company (cough. UPS.. cough) quoted me less then half that.

Personally I hate UPS to, but I had to use them for this, as FedEx's airport depot seems to be missing in action.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by badatusrnames

Maybe so it doesn't get stolen?
    My comment was mainly directed to the guys complaining of being home when it was dropped off at the front door. Packages don't get stolen from front doors, that's just being paranoid

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

No their not. They quoted me $350 to ship a mountain bike down to Houston. Another company (cough. UPS.. cough) quoted me less then half that.

Personally I hate UPS to, but I had to use them for this, as FedEx's airport depot seems to be missing in action.
    Bastards! But i definitely can't believe UPS was cheaper.

I bought some subs+box from NJ in '07 and the idiot shipped UPS. When i got it, box was mangled to fuck, one sub was punctured from this (and UPS' insurance refused to cover it), and then they charged me ~$100-120 for customs fees.

I never will, and have never since then used UPS again.

Originally posted by sevewone

My comment was mainly directed to the guys complaining of being home when it was dropped off at the front door. Packages don't get stolen from front doors, that's just being paranoid
    This

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yet again, UPS can't follow simple instructions. Not only that, but UPS wants me to call ahead when the shipping notice is sent out to remind them of the shipping note I have on the fucking package! Double fail!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

bump

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
    Question for you guys...

Should UPS be charging you brokerage fee on the cost of shipping and handling?

I.E. say you buy something from the US and:

1) cost of the item is $90.00
    2) cost of shipping and handling is $50.00

does that mean you should be charged:

brokerage and GST on the $90.00?

OR

brokerage and GST on the full $140.00?

** time and time again I am charged on the full $140.00... so I just want to know what you guys think

thanks!

My Ride
    GT TDi

i thought brokerage was built into the price if you ship priority? but also i heard this was not the case anymore...

cant you do your own brokerage? it's not like i asked UPS to do my brokerage for me
    Last edited by bart; 03-08-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

You need to have your own brokerage set up with UPS and it only works if the sender uses your UPS account to send the package. My family business sends thousands of packages back and forth from the US using UPS. They really are the most cost effective for small business.

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Originally posted by bart
    i thought brokerage was built into the price if you ship priority? but also i heard this was not the case anymore...

cant you do your own brokerage? it's not like i asked UPS to do my brokerage for me
    No or at least it wasnt last year when I payed $500 + like $50 on shipping + $ 99 on brokerage fee. Biggest bullshit on my entire life, I almost killed the ups guy ! Dont ever use UPS, just call the place you are buying and make them send it through USPS

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

Originally posted by georgemagana

No or at least it wasnt last year when I payed $500 + like $50 on shipping + $ 99 on brokerage fee. Biggest bullshit on my entire life, I almost killed the ups guy ! Dont ever use UPS, just call the place you are buying and make them send it through USPS

Dude, if you think that is bad... (Fedex story)

I bought something that was $89.00USD. Shipping was $48.00, OK I am fine with that
    Brokerage was another $46.00 (the seller put the total declared goods as $137.00) which is why I was asking if the brokerage should have been included or not.

Recount:
    GOODS: $89.00USD
    S/H: $48.00
    Sub Total = $137.00 uSD
    BROKERAGE+BULLSHIT FEES: $46.00

TOTAL: $183.00USD

GOODS: $89.00USD
    SHIPPING+BROKERAGE: $94.00USD

talk about getting it up the a$$...

OH and, they tried to deliver two different times (I wasn't home)... so I had to go all the way to the building on Aviation Blvd.
    Last edited by canadian_hustla; 03-10-2012 at 06:21 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ordered a pair of cycling pants valued at $48.42USD

Worldwide expedited shipping to get it here: $34.00USD
    Customs/brokerage/bond: $21.56CND

Now here's the kicker. I called UPS and asked again about their costs and laid out the scenario that if I used their slowest, cheapest method possible how much would the cust/brok/bond fee be. Well guess what, $4x.xx (I stopped listening when he said $40). That's not even including shipping. Now that's fucking highway robbery and slower to boot.

I think I've gotten to the point where I will simply not buy from a company if they refuse to use another shipper. I just cannot support a company like UPS for residential service when USPS is just as fast, reliable and significantly cheaper.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by msommers
    Ordered a pair of cycling pants valued at $48.42USD

Worldwide expedited shipping to get it here: $34.00USD
    Customs/brokerage/bond: $21.56CND

Now here's the kicker. I called UPS and asked again about their costs and laid out the scenario that if I used their slowest, cheapest method possible how much would the cust/brok/bond fee be. Well guess what, $4x.xx (I stopped listening when he said $40). That's not even including shipping. Now that's fucking highway robbery and slower to boot.

I think I've gotten to the point where I will simply not buy from a company if they refuse to use another shipper. I just cannot support a company like UPS for residential service when USPS is just as fast, reliable and significantly cheaper.
    I fully condone this post!! (minus the buying bike shorts online haha)

This so much, i too will shop elsewhere if said company ships with UPS. Want nothing to do with them...

My Ride
    rubbish

I refuse to shop with companies that use UPS, but sometimes you get the odd shipper that ignores your request, or just uses them because they think it's faster and will cost you less.

They've damaged probably half of everything they've ever transported for me, 'misplaced' a few items they won't admit to, and raked in an insane amount of additional fees from me over the years.

You can only yell at the UPS representative or make a self-promise to lob grenades into the brown truck so many times before you realize it's just a shipping company that sucks at what they do, and there's nothing you can do about it except avoid them.

My Ride
    66 Accord

Last time I dealt with these shitheads they told me to ship UPS air to avoid their bull shit border charges.

They tried to justify charging me half of the value of my item by saying they aren't Canada Post blah blah blah. When I pointed out that other couriers don't charge bogus fees they had nothing to say.

They just reduced my charges by $15, said they wouldn't do that ever again and suggested using UPS Air next time.

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 08:03 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by swak

I fully condone this post!! (minus the buying bike shorts online haha)
    Even after all the UPS bologne, they were $100 vs $160 here in town

Originally posted by narou
    They just reduced my charges by $15, said they wouldn't do that ever again and suggested using UPS Air next time.
    UPS Air charges a bond fee instead of brokerage (min. $10) and duty of course. The jist I got out of the customer service rep. was that air is the way to go (if you are forced UPS) because it's faster and in UPS land, cheaper.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    AWOL

How to self-clear your shipments with the CBSA:

http://trueler.com/2010/09/13/ups-br...ting-avoid-it/ (read some of the latest comments/experiences)

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/beating-cr...-fees-1.762619

I'm still reading through it all, but about to try it with a FedEx package that has $10bux tagged on...

Edit: just gonna pay the FedEx invoice due to certain "irregularities" in the Chinese paperwork. Clearing it would not be advantageous
    Last edited by Grogador; 07-10-2012 at 04:36 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Wow! I want to order an item just to try this

$19.31 to $1.37. Fucking crooks.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Accord

I just got some cfa textbooks from ups yesterday. They turned up in Calgary Monday of last week, which I had off work so I stayed in all day waiting. No buzz, nothing, and then I see that a "first attempt has been made", and sure enough there's a slip on my box that says to pick itup at a ups store about 15 minutes away. First peeve right there, I didn't pay to have to get it myself. But I go on Tuesday as per instructions and it's not there. Fuck, whatever. I come back Thursday, still not there. At this point I'm getting nervous about the 5 bus day holding period. I go again Friday AND Saturday, and still not there. Finally on the tracking site, Sunday night, it tells me it's been dropped off at the store. What the fuck, did it just sit in the delivery truck all week?

Just had some bolts I needed arrive in Calgary that I've been waiting over a month for. I looked at the tracking record and somehow the bolts went to Winnipeg twice and then back to the US only to be sent to Winnipeg a third time and finally to Calgary!?!?!?

And to boot I wasnt home and there are charges on the package so they left a note with my "infonotice" number on it. It says to use the infonotice number to change the delivery so I can have them hold it for pick up. But then I go to the site and enter the infonotice number and it says it doesn't exist.....

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast