Quantcast
Black Swan Ale House = Worst Service Ever! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Swan Ale House = Worst Service Ever!

Default Black Swan Ale House = Worst Service Ever!

I honestly don't even know what to make of my experience at this place tonight. I don't know whether to be pissed off or laugh about it. Its easily the most bizare thing thats happened to me in around 17 years of going to pubs.

I decided to go here for wings with a friend of mine. We are both 34 year old white guys, conservatively dressed and completely stone cold sober. When we go out we have 2 beers each and some wings. Neither of us has done any drugs since our college years. Neither of us were anything but respectful and patient.

We take a seat at a table. The place isn't very busy, maybe 40% full. No waitress ever comes to take our drink order. We waited at least 20 mins. There were 2 waitresses working the nearby tables in view of us. We were slightly in the corner but not hidden. Finally I motion to the waitress serving the nearby table. She tells me she will be right there but never comes. We ended up getting caught up watching some old UFC fights they were showing. 45 mins after sitting down we had still not been served.

So we decide we will move to another section of the pub where a different waitress is working. After about 5 mins the waitress comes to our table. The conversation goes like this:

Her: "Hey guys, hows it going tonight?"

Me: "Not bad but we waited 45mins upstairs and never got any service"

Her: "well I don't know what's going on up there. But I'd be happy to get you guys some pop and/or food but I can't serve you any alcohol"

Me: "Isn't this a bar? Why can't we get a drink?"

Her: "You guys have obviously already had too much to drink.

Me: "Neither of us has even had one drink yet tonight. Like I said we haven't been able to get any service"

Her: "Are you guys stoned?"

Me: "We don't do drugs. I guess we will just go somewhere else then."

And that was it, we left and went to Woody's taphouse on 130th Ave instead, who had no problem serving us. The funny part is we both live in Mckenzie Towne anyways. We only went to Black Swan because we used to enjoy the wings there. Obviously they don't want our business so we won't be back.
    Last edited by Mixalot27; 12-15-2011 at 02:38 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Obviously her train of thought was that no one sober would wait 45min without getting served, and not leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Ahh the black swan, I almost got hit by a stray bullet there a few years ago. Havent been back since

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Went there a few weeks back, the service sure sucked, they just didn't seem to give a shit

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

this is news?

that place has always been a dive

My Ride
    M3P

If a bitch asked me if I was stoned: Uppercut

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by 5.0
    Ahh the black swan, I almost got hit by a stray bullet there a few years ago. Havent been back since
    I used to go there in the Grandin days.. the night my friends brother got shot there was a good enough reason to hit up the local pubs for me.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    VAG products

I remember going there when I was in Grandin too, haven't been back since lol.

next time for wings try the horny toad on elbow drive by henry wise wood, best wings ever

My Ride
    '11 Tundra TRD

Staff at woody's is friendlier anyways. I could only stay out till 9:30 or so last night :p

My Ride
    Rav 4 The fossil mobile!

Are you sure you weren't already two sheets in when you got there? Or maybe you stumbled or tripped on the way to your table? I cannot see a reason that a waitress would come up to you and say that you were drunk unless you showed some signs of intoxication.

The server has the right to refuse service for any reason. If you looked out of it in her opinion, she does not have to serve you. It sounds like this was most likely the case. You guys must have shown, in some way, shape or form, that you were not 100% or she wouldn't have approached you in that manner.

She did offer you food (wings) and pop so I don't think she didn't want to serve you; the fact was that she didn't want to serve you any more alcohol! In her opinion, you were already intoxicated.

She has that right!

In regards to waiting 45 minutes, I call bull****! I believe you have some creative "time telling" going on here. I cannot believe that you would sit there for 15 without being served. 15 minutes is an extremely long time to wait to be served. 45 minutes on the other hand is an eternity. No, it's not an eternity; it's at least three eternities.

I dare anyone to try and sit 15 minutes in a restaurant or bar and wait to be served. I would crawl out of my skin! 45 minutes on the other hand...........Wow! I would go postal!

Did you not realize that there is a bar and you can walk the 15 steps (not 45) up to the bar and order your beers. Or did you not want to get up from your seats for some reason? Maybe fear of stumbling on your way to the bar????

Something is wrong with your story. Either you were out of it (as the waitress thought) or you are just plain stupid. After 5 minutes, I would take my money elsewhere. After 45, they would owe me!!!!!!

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

^ Are you sure you don't have some sort of affiliation with this place?

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Your 45 minutes was probably 5 minutes because you were stoned and wasted. Server did her job well(minus the 5 minutes to greet you). OR your retarded for waiting 45 minutes for service.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

The old dirty bird! I thought being stoned was the equivalent of showing your ID there.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

You are right that 45mins is a long time to wait. However I was with a buddy I hadn't seen in a while so we got caught up talking. Also we were right in front of the big screen where they were playing some old UFC fights. I didn't time it exactly but we watched 3 entire fights. I guess it might have been 30 or 35mins. It was definitely a long time though.

Also we are not big drinkers anyway, and weren't in a hurry, plus the service is often slow there so we thought they would get to us eventually. We could have went up to bar to order but it was crowded and so we didn't basically just out of lazyness I guess.

As for why she would have thought we were intoxicated, I don't know. Maybe my eyes were red from staring at my computer all day? Maybe I was walking funny because my legs were sore from doing squats the day before? I don't know, all I know is I was sober at the time.

I think she may of possibly misunderstood when I said we couldn't get any service upstairs. Perhaps she thought that the girls upstairs were refusing to serve us, so they must have some reason, so she shouldn't serve us either.
    Last edited by Mixalot27; 12-17-2011 at 06:38 PM.

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by /////AMG
    ^ Are you sure you don't have some sort of affiliation with this place?

Sounds like it.

My Ride
    NC1

I find it hard to believe but just maybe.....

My time limit is 15mins. I've walked out of Red Lobster (insert uppercut joke here) and Joeys because I didn't get a hello or menus within that time frame.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by project240

Sounds like it.
    Oh no, I'm sure a random person just signed up to pick apart a story and defend a consistently shitty pubs reputation.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    93 integra

Heard nothing but bad things about this place.

And to the guys saying waiting 45 mins is impossible, sometimes, some people may wait that long just to prove a point.

I've also been caught up in conversation with old friends or dates, at bars and not notice time go by. Not that much of a stretch really.

Not surprised at your experience here OP.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by max_boost

My time limit is 15mins. I've walked out of Red Lobster (insert uppercut joke here) and Joeys because I didn't get a hello or menus within that time frame.
    I just wish you met the bitch korean server from Anju.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Even if he was intoxicated since when did the Black Swan become classy enough to refuse to serve drunks?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast