Quantcast
recommend phone + carrier - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: recommend phone + carrier

Default recommend phone + carrier

i did a quick search but didn't find anything solid or recent.

today makes the 4th phone in a row to not last more then 3 months. i inadvertently smashed my second samsung galaxy s. just like every other day it froze up. tossed it on my work bench to deal with it later, when i came back the screen was toast. definitely not gunna cry about it. super slow load times, constantly freezing and the shitty unstable apps/system. despite much complaining to bell they keep returning my phone and saying everything is working fine. also i've noticed bell seems to have the highest prices for the least amount of features compared to other carriers. simply put, eff bell. I have a friend that hasn't reported a single problem with his galaxy S on the telus network so, i'm not sure about what to make about android phones in general.

I was looking at the Iphone 4gs but it's a big price for not a lot of phone. seems to have the best record for system stability but still not completely sold. also i'm really not interested in plaguing my PC with apple software. and not really tech savy enough to know how to avoid this.

Blackberry's from what i've heard have been on a downward spiral, unstable, outdated and under developed. but that just what i've heard. I have a couple friends that are happy with their BB's but most say they wouldn't go back.

most of my need for a phone is text, email and music. not a fan of qwerty keypads as i'd need some sort of dialing wand for them tiny ass buttons. not interested in dealing with rogers ever again, as far as i'm concerned they still own me 250$ If i stay with bell i can avoid the cancellation fee but most phone retail for more then the cost of cancelling and buying a new phone on a contract. I'm looking to spend less then 200$ but i can't decide where to spend it. seems like I'm stuck in phone purgatory no mater which way i go.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I this is the phone for you:

http://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Products/Samsung_Rugby_II

It's cheap, no qwerty keyboard, and It will survive any and all temper tantrums you have if it doesn't work properly at a given moment. Nice big buttons to!

A smartphone is only as smart as the person using it...

I like android, currently using a Galaxy Infuse on Rogers, been with Rogers for a decade, just been for lack of a better term "happy" with them so I haven't strayed. I believe it is a Bell exclusive phone but the Nexus Prime looks sick, as far as carriers go, for pricing Virgin is good but heard bad things about customer service, not that I haven't about any other carrier. They are owned by Bell now so that may deter you as well. As far as phones go however Android =
    When lazy let idle.

My Ride
    Sentra

Pretty sure Telus and Bell have the better coverage and 3G/4G network, and more stable from what I hear from Rogers customers all the time. I've not had my Bell coverage ever go down.

In reality, they all suck for pricing and customer service.