Quantcast
Anything worse than receiving automated telemarketing calls? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anything worse than receiving automated telemarketing calls?

Default Anything worse than receiving automated telemarketing calls?

Every night, numerous times, BUT WITH AUTOMATED VOICES?! I always feel, if the company is too lazy to have an actual person speak to you in selling their product/service, then no one would listen to an automated voice. I mean why would they? Would you? Do companies really believe automated sales calls actually work better than an actual person calling?

My Ride
    2013 4Runner

haha I actually had a similar experience, I got an automated call from Purolator today about my package and where to pick it up... I guess it was too hard to get a real person to tell me, I couldn't even understand wtf it was saying

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by ArjayAquino
    I actually had a similar experience, I got an automated call from Purolator
    I had to listen to the damn voicemail 10 times to write down the whole number (numbers in my head are processed quickly only in chinese!). Couldn't imagine if I picked it up.

When I finally made it there, the package wasn't even for me! Some guy just put down my number. (I was actually waiting for a package too...). The guy still writes down my number wtf. At least now I know the package isn't for me...

My Ride
    Mk6 GTI

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng I used this and I only get calls from "Telus" trying to sell me another phone.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

The only thing worse than an automated telemarketing call is the ones where they call you, and then put you on hold telling you to wait for an agent.

I hang up. ALWAYS. If they don't have the decency to respect my time, they don't deserve to talk to me. Call me back when you can have a real person talk to me.

Originally posted by Shax
    https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng I used this and I only get calls from "Telus" trying to sell me another phone.
    Ive heard it actually backfires and gets you more calls. Apparently these companies getting these lists find all the DNCL and call these as priorities all the time. But ill try it out thanks.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

There are lots of things worse than unsolicited phone calls.

My Ride
    Audi

I'm agree with DeeK - the ones where they put you on hold before they even tell you what they are needing results in an immediate hang up.

I have had some really good experiences with unsolicited calls though...

1) I received $200 in VISA gift cards from Rogers basically for doing the phone survey
    2) I did a survey on what my favourite radio station was. They sent me $20 bucks, and then asked if i'd participate in an ongoing monitoring program based on my TV/radio habits. My whole household is involved and we get paid monthly to do this as well as gift cards throughout the year.
    3) Did a survey on what booze I liked. They asked if I would join a focus group. I joined, got paid $150 to watch a few commercials and taste the drink.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Originally posted by A790
    Like not knowing what to wear with an LV or Gucci belt.

My Ride
    oooo

Worst one is the boat fog horn...
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Indian Scout

I love getting telemarketers. I build some rapport and trust wih them, then use the person on the other end as a verbal punching bag for as long as they will take it. It's like a clense, I think I am a much nicer person after getting all that vileness out of my system.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Got an automated call the other week and waited to talk to an agent about reducing my debt as there was no choice to press a number to be removed from their call list. The person came on and I did politely ask for them to remove my number from their list... didn't even get to finish my sentence and the bitch (real person) hung up on me.

[url]

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by FoxTrot
    Every night, numerous times, BUT WITH AUTOMATED VOICES?! I always feel, if the company is too lazy to have an actual person speak to you in selling their product/service, then no one would listen to an automated voice. I mean why would they? Would you? Do companies really believe automated sales calls actually work better than an actual person calling?
    What's worse than automated telemarketing calls? How about non-automated telemarketing calls where real people call you? At least with a robo-caller, I can immediately hang up. When a person calls, like usually my fucking credit card company, I actually have to hear what they have to say (in case it's actually an important call) before I tell them to fuck off.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    I love getting telemarketers. I build some rapport and trust wih them, then use the person on the other end as a verbal punching bag for as long as they will take it. It's like a clense, I think I am a much nicer person after getting all that vileness out of my system.
    Haha same here, I get them on a string, make them think they have a sale then politely ask them to fuck their mother.
    When lazy let idle.

Originally posted by A790
    Yeah, try jumping on a bicycle when the seat is missing.

I had TWO messages from the SE Calgary Wild Rose candidate/representative last night wishing me a Merry Christmas. I'm not sure how they got my number, why they would call twice, or why they would waste money with a cold-calling campaign just to wish people Merry Christmas.

I just had the stomach flu that has been going around and have thrown up over 20 times in the last 2 days and have been able to get 4 hours worth of sleep max.

Could be worse than getting a phone call. Not sure.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by gt2871r
    I just had the stomach flu that has been going around and have thrown up over 20 times in the last 2 days and have been able to get 4 hours worth of sleep max.

Could be worse than getting a phone call. Not sure.
    You're just being a pussy. That's like a free diet.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast