Quantcast
Fine for causing accident on main road? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fine for causing accident on main road?

Default Fine for causing accident on main road?

Serious opinion, not trolling.

After waiting in numerous traffic jams over the last months I have came to the realization that these are almost always caused by human error. Someone being a retard and hitting someone else, driving in an unsafe manner or even not having bloody tired fit to drive on deerfoot in winter conditions.

Does anyone else think it would be a great idea to fine someone for causing an accident on a main road in Calgary that causes major delays? Ex. Deerfoot, Crowchild, 16th

These accidents cost an extreme amount of time lost to the Canadian economy and people in general if you think about it. For example on Deerfoot today my commute was an hour longer then usual and I'm sure this was the case for at least(at minimum) 1500 other people. Thats 1500 hours of time lost because someone was most likely being a fucking retard.

My solution:
    A) a hefty fine for anyone who is the cause of an accident on a main roadway. Something like $5000 would definitely deter people from driving so recklessly and unsafe acting like there is no consequence.

B) Get a big plow truck and plow the accident off the road clearing road ways and make the owners deal with any damages and they cannot recover there car until a time when traffic is at a minimum!

Crazy? I think not

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I'm more than familiar with the rage you're experiencing and I agree completely.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    rally pig

as much I was irritated by the accident earlier this evening, IMO that's a dumb idea.

after an accident your insurance will probably go up for the next couple of years already plus if a major accident you'll end up at a hospital.

plowing the accident is not going to work either as the cops needs to investigate the cause of the accident.

Originally posted by taemo
    as much I was irritated by the accident earlier this evening, IMO that's a dumb idea.

after an accident your insurance will probably go up for the next couple of years already plus if a major accident you'll end up at a hospital.

plowing the accident is not going to work either as the cops needs to investigate the cause of the accident.
    insurance going up only benefits the insurance company. We need something to compensate all of society for the retardedness of their actions and wasting so many peoples time.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I think its a great idea. Deerfoot turns into a shitshow whenever there's even the most minor of collisions.

Also, don't they already do this in LA? I could be wrong, but that proves that it could work.

My Ride
    2000 323i

Mandatory drivers-ed (and a much more comprehensive course than anyone has out right now), mandatory re-testing would help. Also, I remember watching Canada's worst driver a while back, and someone who came from a country that may or may not have been between East Asia and Europe somewhere, had his license from his home country transfered directly (having not had to be tested in Canada). That's all fine and good if the country of origin had some proper testing, but all the guy had to do to get his license back home was start his fugging car! That's a problem.
    Mike

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Man, you're probably one of the most arrogant people on here, with your constant whining about the government taxing everything because poor people.

How is this really suppose to recover the loss to the economy? Are they going to give the sorry SOBs on the road that day all a check? I can't see how you can really support what is pretty much a tax for costing the economy money. Accidents are a part of life, nothing is really going to reduce the amounts of them occuring, live with it.

What are you going to tax an old man for interrupting the line at the bank when he decided to have a heart-attack? "Should have lived healthier, shouldn't have been born later, shouldn't have got in my way when I was in the line I am the only peron in this world who matters".

Default Re: Fine for causing accident on main road?

Originally posted by Type_S1

A) a hefty fine for anyone who is the cause of an accident on a main roadway. Something like $5000 would definitely deter people from driving so recklessly and unsafe acting like there is no consequence.

B) Get a big plow truck and plow the accident off the road clearing road ways and make the owners deal with any damages and they cannot recover there car until a time when traffic is at a minimum!
    Hmm, may want to be more specific than "anyone who is the cause of an accident". There are too any variables that could make even good drivers the cause of major accidents. What if you have someone who is a good driver, but they don't do work on their own vehicle. They take their car to a shop to get something done on the suspension let's say. Human error occurs at the shop and the work is not done properly. The owner takes their car on the Deerfoot on their way home. Suspension part comes loose in the front end and the car collapses on that wheel causing it to lose control and spin out. Meanwhile traffic behind him among whom you're one of the cars is going 100KMH, people start slamming on brakes, and swerving and causes an multi vehicle collision which you become involved in. You sustain some front end damage.

Emergency crews show up, tend to the injured and shortly later this "big plow truck" arrives while the police are doing paperwork. Meanwhile your shitting your pants cause they just implemented this new procedure for clearing accidents and stand helplessly watching as a plow goes to work bulldozing your prized automobile off to the side of the road and causing damage to areas that weren't even affected in the accident.

And the guy that was the "cause of an accident" is out $5000. And has to waste time and money to get a lawyer and go to court to try to prove it was the repair shops shitty work that made him cause the accident.

But seriously,

If it can be determined that a driver was in fact driving recklessly, I agree they should get a fine for causing a disturbance to traffic flow.

But no for plows bulldozing the accident scene off the road, that's just plain ridiculous. That's what tow trucks and flatbeds are for.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 12-22-2011 at 03:13 AM.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I'm guessing you're talking about Northbound Deerfoot last night? If so, I think the guy that died and left his family behind just before Christmas isn't too concerned with a $5000 fine.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Crazy? I think not
    Not crazy. Idiotic.

Just as smokers won't stop smoking with higher cigarette prices, drivers won't stop getting into accidents because of the threat of a fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Silverado

One thing I think should happen is some education. Maybe something along the lines of signs that say "If you are in an accident and your car is still safe to drive, drive it somewhere to minimize the affect on other commuters"

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

mindless unthinking blather
    Your solution sucks.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/al...847/story.html

I can see this now.

"Ding dong..."

"Hello?"

"Mrs Mackenzie, I'm here to inform you that your husband has been killed in an car accident tonight. It appears that he lost control of the vehicle, crossed 3 lanes of traffic and collided with a light standard. It's my duty to let you know also that because he backed up traffic for an hour, a $5000 ticket has been issued against his estate. Merrry Christmas."
    Last edited by codetrap; 12-22-2011 at 08:24 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

This is stupid. Don't know how you think fining someone is good for the society. All the moneys will probably end up going towards someones christmas bonus in the government anyways.

Shit happens, live with it. Ofcourse it sucks that it happens and causes delays, but I think it just highlights the single point of failure in the calgary roads.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

They just said on global that the police figure that the accident was caused by a mechanical failure.

Hey swak/Type_S1, you feeling a bit like a douchebag yet? I told my wife about your post, and she said, "Wow.. talk about insensitive. What a jerk. Didn't that guy die? Pretty cold hearted."

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Originally posted by Maybelater
    Man, you're probably one of the most arrogant people on here, with your constant whining about the government taxing everything because poor people.

How is this really suppose to recover the loss to the economy? Are they going to give the sorry SOBs on the road that day all a check? I can't see how you can really support what is pretty much a tax for costing the economy money. Accidents are a part of life, nothing is really going to reduce the amounts of them occuring, live with it.

What are you going to tax an old man for interrupting the line at the bank when he decided to have a heart-attack? "Should have lived healthier, shouldn't have been born later, shouldn't have got in my way when I was in the line I am the only peron in this world who matters".
    I actually have never complained about the government taxing everything because poor people? I actually think poor people need to get up and work harder at life if they don't like being poor --> Capitalism I may be arrogant but most of my comments are made for laughs if nobody noticed that yet

I wasn't actually serious about bulldozing someone off the road...it was a joke, but I was quite serious about the fine. Really I just wanted to open the discussion for possible solutions to such a massive problem.

I would say that 90% of accidents are caused because of human error (things like a deer running infront of you you can't help, you should fine the deer ) and because these are PREVENTABLE incidents individuals should be fined for wasting everyones time. Accidents should not be a "part of everyday life, get over it" like some think. We need more prevention programs to deter people from driving so unsafe and causing huge accidents that screw everyones day up.

Yesterday was sad to see that he passed away and my condolences go out to his family,

My Ride
    wrx wagon

I think we should have mandatory road tests for ALL DRIVERS. Everytime your license comes up for renewal (every 5 yrs), road test. If you fail then you don't get your license back until you pass. I think this would do a hell of a lot more for improving safety on public roads than stuff like photo radar or tougher drunk driving laws.

Unfortunately the only thing cops care about is making $$, and the only thing politicians care about is getting re-elected, none of them actually give a shit about safety.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Better driver education is the solution, fine is not going to do anything since they don't even know that they are bad drivers.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Shit, that is only like 5 belts for you S1

I don't agree at all though with this idea.

Somebody mentioned manditory drivers-ed for new drivers and re-testing... that I do agree with. Also I think that winter driving courses should be manditory as part of your first year of driving with follow up courses every 5 years in Calgary.

You would elliminate of accidents if people took driving more seriously. A proactive approch makes a lot more sense.
    I just wanted to open up the discussion. It's a huge issue that does cause massive delays and even economic losses to the Albertan & Canadian economy.

Winter driving course is a great idea...I would suggest mandatory winter tires come along with that as well!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast