Quantcast
Girl, 4, left with horrific burns after U.S. drone attack in Pakistan - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Girl, 4, left with horrific burns after U.S. drone attack in Pakistan

Default Girl, 4, left with horrific burns after U.S. drone attack in Pakistan

...is brought to U.S. to receive surgery.

So U.S. bombs Pakistan, takes the injured child to the home of U.S. to give free surgery?

I'm confused.

A girl who was burned beyond recognition by a U.S. drone and left for dead in a trashcan is about to undergo reconstructive surgery.

The child who has been named Shakira, which means thankful, has been brought to the U.S. from her home in Pakistan. Surgeons have offered to operate on her injuries free of charge.

Shriner’s Hospital in Galveston, Texas, will be carrying out the reconstructive operations on Shakira's face and hands.

She was found by a medical mission team two years ago and was described as 'lucky' by staff as two other children found with her were killed by the military attack.

No relatives have ever been found for the child and she spent three years in the Shalimar Hospital in Lahore without being claimed.

Dr Robert McCauley told CNN: 'It's not easy and it's not a single-day procedure.

'One thing I've learned over the years is that children adapt well when they have support.'

He will start procedures on Shakira's hand on January 16.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1hNk4HiKP

Wonder what she's gonna be like, especially her thoughts about this, when she grows up...
    Does everything matter or does nothing matter?

Default Re: Girl, 4, left with horrific burns after U.S. drone attack in Pakistan

Originally posted by Merritt

I'm confused.
    Why are you confused? Seems like good PR to me.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 11:37 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    I'm thinking if I was her, I'd change my name from "thankful" to "death to infidels".

Get bombed, get left in a dumpster, get left in a hospital while unclaimed by anyone for 3 years.....and she gets called "lucky"? To me, lucky would've been bombed and killed. Now she's stuck in a life long torture (psychological and physical)
    Terrible life story...what if it was some older or young woman in 20s? Would the U.S. have taken her at all? I doubt it.

This story is so wrong on many levels. And Pakistan is okay with letting the girl go, too? Hahah.

And what if you were in the same situation? Would you be OK with going overseas to get free surgery??? Would you move on with your life at all??
    Last edited by Merritt; 12-23-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 04:42 PM.

One in military would think that "Once you shoot the enemy, leave the enemy".

It's like, let's say, for example, you're a Nazi and would you take an antifascist or jew back in Germany to give enemy a free surgery?? I thought so too.

This is why it's confusing.

(Obviously I'm not referring this girl as "enemy", but you get the idea. Since it's war and all.)

One in military would think that "Once you shoot the enemy, leave the enemy".

It's like, let's say, for example, you're a Nazi and would you take an antifascist or jew back in Germany to give enemy a free surgery?? I thought so too.

This is why it's confusing.

(Obviously I'm not referring this girl as "enemy", but you get the idea)
    Two differences though:

1.) The US isnt trying to erase the Pakistani populous.
    2.) This isnt a soldier. It was an unfortunate girl.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I look at it as a good thing.

She was an unintentional victim of a military operation. Her family and/or guardians had rejected her, and left her to die in a trash can. She was found and treated in a hospital, and the family was given time to claim the girl, which they chose not to do, or didn't know she was still alive.

Obviously, the powers that be were monitoring her situation, and after giving it some time for family or whatever to step forward, have now taken it upon themselves to try and make things right by the girl.

By bringing her back to the US, and footing the bill for the surgeries, and doctors donating time, this girl is being given some incredible opportunities.

It is a shame this happened in the first place, but you have to at least give kudos where it is deserved...How she will be growing up...I think she will be ok. She is only 4 years old now, and children are very resilient at this age. In looking at her now in the video, I say she will be fine.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Re: Girl, 4, left with horrific burns after U.S. drone attack in Pakistan

Originally posted by Cos
    Why are you confused? Seems like good PR to me.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

I can understand the anger.

Think of it this way, how would you react if one day al-Qaeda took some American girl who was injured during 9/11 and decided to give them free surgery for their injuries. I don't think many people are going to be very forgiving.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Maybelater
    I can understand the anger.

Think of it this way, how would you react if one day al-Qaeda took some American girl who was injured during 9/11 and decided to give them free surgery for their injuries. I don't think many people are going to be very forgiving.
    It would be better than leaving a 4 year old in a hospital, saying "my bad" and walking away...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

So is the U.S. going to pay her for the rest of her life or what? I wonder this question of mine.

Originally posted by spikers

It would be better than leaving a 4 year old in a hospital, saying "my bad" and walking away...
    This article also proves that Pakistan doesn't have nukes, or either have little balls to use it. How many times has the U.S. bombed them? Lol.
    Last edited by Merritt; 12-23-2011 at 03:05 PM.

So is the U.S. going to pay her for the rest of her life or what? I wonder this question of mine.
    An interesting question. Moreso, I find myself wondering what of all of the other "collateral damage" of America's wars - These will not be getting any funding or assitance whatsoever.

"They hate us for our freedoms".

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

What have terrorists been up to and how many innocents have they killed this month????

Its about fucking time we started fighting back on their own turf.

Taken from wikipedia ...

first number indicates 'date' (december 2011 only)
    after the date a description of the type of attack
    second number equals dead
    third number equals injured.
    location is listed after number of injured

1 Bombings, shootings 22 41 Khalis, Taji and Buhriz, Iraq A car bomb in the mostly Shiite town of Khalis killed at least 10 people and injured 25 more. In Buhriz insurgents stormed the houses of Sahwa militiamen and killed eight men as well as injuring five more. In the city of Taji the Iraqi environment minister narrowly escaped an assassination attempt when a roadside bomb exploded as his convoy was passing by - at least four people were injured, including one of his personal guards. Earlier in the day seven policemen were injured nearby as they were trying to defuse roadside bombs. At least four other people were killed in random attacks in and around the Sunni Triangle, including an influential Sheikh that was kidnapped from his home a few days prior.[234]

2 Suicide Bombing 1 82-84 Mohammad Agha District, Afghanistan A suicide truck bomber attacked a U.S and NATO base in Mohammad Agha District. The blast only killed the bomber and 84 people were wounded in the attack. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the bombing.[235]

3 Bombings, shootings 8 22 Mosul, Baghdad and Kirkuk, Iraq At least four people were killed in separate incidents in the northern town of Mosul. Roadside bomb attacks in Iskandariya, Baghdad and Baqubah left three dead and at least 10 injured, and separate bombings in Kirkuk killed at least one person and wounded 12 more.[236]

3 Bombing 0 5 Itahari, Nepal A bomb exploded in the town of Itahari as police and traffic police were on duty. The blast wounded four people and a police officer.[237]

4 Bombing 0 0 Manama, Bahrain A bomb expolded on a bus outside the British Embassy in the city of Manama. No one was killed or injured in the blast.[238]

5 Car bomb/Bombings 30 1+ Baghdad, Hilla, Iraq A car bomb exploded in the city of Hilla, Iraq as Shia pilgrims were passing the northern side of the city. At least 16 people were killed in this first explosion, followed later by two more attacks in Baghdad. A total of 30 people were killed during the day across the country.[239]

6 Suicide Car Bombing 6 0 Mogadishu, Somalia Somali Police stopped a car at a checkpoint in the city of Mogadishu,Somalia, when the driver detonated his bomb inside the car. The blast killed one police officer and five people.[240]

6 Bike/Suicide Bombing (see 2011 Afghanistan shrine bombings) 78 150 Kabul, Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan A suicide bomber attacked a Kabul shrine killing at least 48 Shia Muslims. A bicycle bomb exploded outside a mosque in Mazar-i-Sharif, killing 4 more people, followed by another explosion in Kandahar that killed three. The Taliban denied carrying out the attacks and strongly condemned them, while the US government confirmed that one of its citizens was killed in the Kabul attack. The Afghan government placed the blame on foreign Sunni groups, possibly from Pakistan.[241]

6 Truck Bombing 1 18 La Guajira, Colombia A truck bomb exploded outside a police station in the town of La Guajira. A person on a motorbike was killed when the bomb exploded and 18 people were also wounded in the blast.[242]

6 Roadside bomb 19 5 Lashkar Gah, Afghanistan A powerful roadside bomb destroyed a van full of people as they were travelling from Lashkar Gah to Sangin District in the southern part of the country. Most of the victims were women and children.[243]

9 Parcel bomb 0 1 Rome, Italy A parcel bomb sent by the FAI to the Italian tax office Equitalia injured the director Marco Cuccanga after a glass table sent shards into his hands and eyes.. A similar parcel bomb was sent to the chief executive of Deutsche Bank in Frankfurt, Germany, but was intercepted and secured. A note by the FAI in the Frankfurt parcel bomb stated three bombs were dispatched.[244]

9 Roadside bomb 0 5 Tyre, Lebanon A roadside bomb detonated near a UNIFIL convoy, injuring five French troops and two bystanders. This is the third major incident along the tense border with Israel this year, after similar attacks in May and July that left six Italians and six Frenchmen wounded.[245] Several days after the attack the French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe held an interview with Radio France Internationale in which he blamed the Syrian government and its "armed wing in Lebanon" Hezbollah for being behind it.[246]

9 Suicide bombing 6 9 Ghaziabad, Afghanistan A suicide bomber killed the Ghaziabad district police chief and five others in the eastern Kunar Province. The attack took place outside the gates of a local mosque after Friday prayers. The dead included an intelligence service official and two policemen. At least nine people were injured in the incident. The Taliban has claimed responsability for the bombing.[247]

11 Bombings o 2+ Jos, Nigeria Two bombs exploded in the city of Jos. The attack wounded several people.[248]

12 Parcel Bombing attempted 0 0 Paris, France A parcel bomb was sent to the Greek embassy in the city of Paris. The bomb came from Italy and a controlled explosion was carried out of the bomb before it could explode. No one has claimed responsability for the bomb.[249]

13 Bombing attempted 0 0 Keady, Northern Ireland A bomb was defused near a police station near the town of Keady. It is believed that dissident republicans were behind the the bomb.[250]

13 Roadside bombs, shootings 11 13 Baghdad, Mosul and Fallujah, Iraq A number of attacks took place in Iraq, including an IED explosion close to the Baghdad Hotel that killed two policemen and injured five other people. Several shootings took place in Mosul and in Fallujah gunmen attacked a minibus carrying judges at a police checkpoint. Two policemen and a civilian were killed and five others were wounded, including three local judges.[251]

14 Car bombings, roadside bombs, shootings 4 42 Baghdad, Mosul, Kirkuk and Tal Afar, Iraq A string of attacks across northern and western Iraq killed at least four people and wounded more than 40 on Thursday as US troops were preparing to vacate their last two bases within the country. The worst attack of the day took place in the town of Tal Afar, where insurgents blew up a tanker near a busy street and later detonated a car bomb as onlookers gathered nearby. At least 3 were killed and 35 injured in this incident alone. Several shootings took place in Mosul, considered to be the last urban stronghold of Sunni insurgents.[252]

15 Roadside bombingas 4 6 Mand, Kech District, and Kurram Agency, Balochistan province , Pakistan Two roadside bombs exploded in two separate on military vehicles in Pakistans, Balochistan province and Kurram Agncy in the north west of the country. The attacks killed four and wounded six more. No group has claimed responsibility for the attacks.[253]

16 Shooting 4 2 Kano, Nigeria A gunamn opened fire on a Nigerian air force school in the town of Kano. The attack killed four and wounded two more personnel.[254]

16 Bombing,Shooting 0 0 Kabul, Afghanistan A bomb exploded outisde the police HQ in Kabul. Then gunman opaned fire at the station before another bomb exploded. No one was killed or wounded in the attack which the Taliban later claimed responsibility for the attack.[255]

19 Suicide Bombings 0 0 Kandahar, Afghanistan Two suicide bombers on a motorcycle blow themselves up at a market in the city of Kandahar. No one was injured or killed in the attack and the Taliban claimed responsibility for the bombing.[256]

22 Suicide Bombing, Car bombings, Roadside bombing 69 169 Baghdad, Iraq Sixteen bombs exploded in the city of Baghdad which killed 69 and wounded 169 people.[257]

23 Suicide car bombings, 40 100 Damascus, Syria Two suicide car bombers attacked the city of Damascus. The bombings killed 40 and wounded 100 people. al-Qaeda or Free Syrian Army is being blamed.[258]
    Last edited by alloroc; 12-23-2011 at 03:30 PM.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Originally posted by alloroc
    What have terrorists been up to and how many innocents have they killed this month????

Its about fucking time we started fighting back on their own turf.

23 Suicide car bombings, 40 100 Damascus, Syria Two suicide car bombers attacked the city of Damascus. The bombings killed 40 and wounded 100 people. al-Qaeda or Free Syrian Army is being blamed.[258]
    First of all, Merry Christmas Beyond.ca

Second of all, pretty sure there was some sort of opressive government in place that was already 'fighting back on their own turf' before the terrorist attacks started.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell