Quantcast
Chinese cars with "L" vin is now in Canada. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Chinese cars with "L" vin is now in Canada.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    I would never buy a car made in China.
    Assembled in china, regardless 90% of all those "Cool" Aftermarket parts are produced there anyway..

My Ride
    Exploded.

There's a difference from "Made in China" and "Assembled in China".

I don't feel comfortable (yet) with cars assembled in China; Japanese/European assembly lines are still great!

Can't ignore the fact that >90% of things are made in China though.

Originally posted by 94_S14

Assembled in china, regardless 90% of all those "Cool" Aftermarket parts are produced there anyway..
    You mean all those parts that never seem to fit quite right??

i cant help but notice that western regimes go around the world killing people in the name of the free market, yet we dont even have a "free market" in our own lands. instead, it's just a small group of thugs who control the entire market. they decide what you get to buy or NOT buy. the shills want us to believe that people in countries like China "dont have a choice", but the reality of it is, we are the ones left without a choice. people in China can buy Chinese, german, french japanese, korean, and american cars. the only thing we can buy are german, french japanese, korean, and american cars.

chinese in china work hard because the government forces them to. almost like slave labor. no choice to work hard.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by KERRRRY
    i cant help but notice that western regimes go around the world killing people in the name of the free market, yet we dont even have a "free market" in our own lands. instead, it's just a small group of thugs who control the entire market. they decide what you get to buy or NOT buy. the shills want us to believe that people in countries like China "dont have a choice", but the reality of it is, we are the ones left without a choice. people in China can buy Chinese, german, french japanese, korean, and american cars. the only thing we can buy are german, french japanese, korean, and american cars.
    wat
    Chinese cars are horrible and unsafe currently which is why we cannot buy them. If you rear ended someone the entire care would crumple together and you would die.....

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by schocker

wat
    Chinese cars are horrible and unsafe currently which is why we cannot buy them. If you rear ended someone the entire care would crumple together and you would die.....
    That logical answer isn't nearly as anti-government, anti-corporation and conspiracy like for Kerrrry.

STOP MAKING SENSE!!!

My Ride
    Eagle Talon

How much of a car is hand made these days anyway, 10%?
    i.e. How difficult is it to make a "bad car".

Mexicans seem have the same stereotype and Chinese - lazy, no passion for their work - and VW seems to be doing OK selling Jetta's to us.

And not that I would buy a Chinese made car, but it seems to be a growing trend - made in China cars.

A Chevy With an Engine From China:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/bu...hevy.html?_r=0

BMW to Start Exporting Chinese Built Cars:
    http://www.bimmerfile.com/2011/11/28...se-built-cars/

There is nothing wrong with Chinese manufacturing, it's the quality control where they falter. BMW motorcycle engines are made by Loncin after all (you know those "crappy" dirtbikes we see on kijiji?).

My problem is paying BMW prices for what amounts to a Loncin motorcycle with German QC. I'll just stick to my KTM's or buy Japanese if I wanted a cheap bike.

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

fyi China produces the most automobiles in the world. They produce twice as many a year as the U.S. and still rising, and that's Chinese brands ALONE. Safety/quality may be questionable, but they are expected to catch up with the rest of the world by 2018. We could be seeing Chinese car brands showing up in North America as soon as this decade...

Also, isn't China...not on good terms with Japan? (Still sour to one another since WW2) which I read is the reason why Chinese don't like Japanese cars and would much prefer to buy American.

My Ride
    X100 | A80

I'm not a fan of this decision. If the price of the car drops as a result, then that's one thing, but if it costs the same as a fit made in japan, I think everybody would buy the Japanese built one.
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by Kardon
    if it costs the same as a fit made in japan, I think everybody would buy the Japanese built one.
    What does it matter where it's assembled?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ssembly_plants

Honda has been assembling cars in China since 1998
    Pakistan since 1992
    Indonesia Since 2003
    India since 1995
    etc

Honda would not have it's cars assembled where the quality is reduced because it would put their entire company philosophy at risk, their name would be on the line.

If Honda sacrificed quality for cost you would not have such worldwide success and reputation.

I would not hesitate to purchase an assembled in China Honda.
    I also see no reason to base the price on where it was assembled.
    Last edited by Modelexis; 12-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    2009 Pontiac G5

Buying Chinese made vehicles in North America may not be that strange in the future. First of all, in this case we're talking about a Honda, not a Chinese brand. There's a lot of international experience there (as lots of people have pointed out). Also, as was pointed out, China is a huge vehicle market that's producing a lot of cars these days.... they can't stay bad at it forever. Top Gear covered it in an episode a few seasons ago. Here's the link to the official site and clip:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/chi...s-18-episode-2

Their cars from a decade ago were worse than the most abysmal push cart that came out of the Soviet Union. But now they're actually building decent cars... not quite up to the standards of other major manufacturers, but the amount they have improved over the last decade should show that they are serious about making better cars (since they ultimately would need to be able to sell them to people that can afford them, i.e. in other countries, in order to grow). Anyway, point is, given time I wouldn't be surprised if Chinese manufacturing standards catch up to everyone else. Especially if big companies like Honda move their facilities to China and show them how it's done. Just my $0.02.

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

It's all going that way, but I'm just not a fan of the complete lack of pride.
    Dealing with a customer right now that is having his products made in China, and the consistency is horrid. When I/we find an issue, they seem to come back with changes fast enough, but zero sense of remorse/pride. Too bad about the last batch, the next one will be better, trust us! wink.
    I'm sure Honda will cover their butts, and yes, a ton of parts are made there.
    While I have a choice, I'll choose not to buy complete vehicles made there.
    the fact that some companies build there at no discount is what bugs me.
    I'm a believer that quality will suffer as long as the labor remains slave-like.

I used to have a car made in China, to be honest it was a great little ride, never had a single problem with it.

It did look like a total knock off of an older Rav 4 though

Chinese car "Qoros 3" ENCAP Test

http://www.euroncap.com/results/qoros/3/528.aspx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3