Quantcast
whos fault is it? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: whos fault is it?

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

Default whos fault is it?

my sister just got into a little car accident.. wondering whos fault is it? according to her, this is wat happened.. she was pulling out of the Chapter parking lot.. u knowafter u pull out of your spot and go str8 til u hit the intersection.. and u stop and look left and right beside before u know its clear to make a left or a right turn and then exit out to the street.. well she said she went up and stopped and check but some civic came by VERY fast and hit her bumper ( get the pic)

so it is my sis fault for pulling her car a little too far out or is it the civic's fault going like 50 on a 15 zone

My Ride
    changes daily :D

hmmm....i would say it is a dual fault accident....your sis shouldn't have pulled out so far, and the civic shouldn't have been going 50 in a 15 zone....not totally sure though

The cops usually dont put anyone at fault in a parking lot accident b/c it's too hard to tell. I know some people who have been in accidents in a parking lot and the police say it was no one's fault.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    335i

Default Re: whos fault is it?

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    so it is my sis fault for pulling her car a little too far out or is it the civic's fault going like 50 on a 15 zone
    Its going to be hard proving that the civic was going 50 in a 15 zone...
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

it will be a 50/50 charge.. you pay for your repairs, and he/she pays for his/her repairs
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    NC1

Default Re: Re: whos fault is it?

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Its going to be hard proving that the civic was going 50 in a 15 zone...
    You can't prove that but the damage from being hit at 50 compared to15 would be much greater.

How bad was the damage?

I'm not too familiar with parking lot fender benders but sounds like there was fault on both cars
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    BMW E70

When I was in a parking lot accident it was the other persons fault. I was driving and she reversed right into my car (she was going pretty fast too) I barely had time to hit my horn and start to reverse. She still managed to get the fender pretty good though.

Its best to call your insurance company (or the police?) explain exactly how it happened and they should be able to tell you. Who said the Civic was going 50 though? because if its just a guess then it most likely won't be taken into consideration.
    But, it sounds like it'll be an equal fault accident.

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Yeah, usually parking lot accidents are 50/50 in terms of fault and payments. One exception to this rule was a little while ago when some lady backed into my buddy's car. The fault was completely hers simply because my friend was not in his car at the time of the accident.
    Objects in mirror are losing!

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

well im up in Edmonton so i dont get to see the damage . i heard its pretty bad.. my sis said she would call the police tonite so i will let u guys know wat happen

My Ride
    Probe

I remember my girlfriends buddy was sitting in the parking lot, and some lady just back up into him while he was stopped, he was laying on the horn and everything... there was cars in front and back off him so he coudnt move.. and she just kept on coming... and they called it a 50/50 ... i think its bullshit

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

called the police.. said no prove of over 1000 so dont care.. haha this could take a while :P

i once saw these 2 cars.. jacking up the music in the parking lot.. talking and shiet. a taurus w/ an exhaust haha.... and some old CRX .. then the taurus pull out and smoked the new Mustang GT rite on the back thats parked behind him...
    so he stopped and wrote down his info on his parking ticket..

the funny that is that its during those 3 bucks til next 6am thing.. and he put the addy face down.. i wonder if anyone just walked by.. see a free ticket.. and use it ;P
    Last edited by Stratus_Power; 09-16-2002 at 12:38 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    i once saw these 2 cars full of japs..
    did u really have to add that part in?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by sexualbanana

did u really have to add that part in?
    Yeah, that is a racist term FYI
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

The damages would be pretty substantial in a 50KM/h accident rather than in a 15km/h accident
    Travel

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

haha ops sorry i hardly ever seen a group of japs so that i remember well.. not racist against them wat so ever.. in fact i like Japs! haha well apparently the civic guy keep on calling my sis like 10 times so she just told him to stop calling and they are both gonna go to their insurance and see wat happens :P

My Ride
    2000 Toyota Celica GT

My friend's buddy got into an accident like this and it turned out that in those situations (belive it or not) it's treated as an uncontrolled intersection and the person on the right has the right of way.
    Last edited by celica girl; 09-16-2002 at 08:58 AM.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

you are right! i just phoned my sis as soon as i saw your post, andshe said she just talked to her insruance company.. and its not her fault!
    since there's no stop sign or yield sign, its treated as an uncontrolled intersection!

though i still think its a little bit of my sis' fault... its good that i can tell its not her fault... or my dad's gonna think this bad driver thing runs in the family and wont let me get a car ;(
    ( my sis got T-boned before...by an 89 year old grandma who thought she was hitting the brake when infact it was the gas she was flooring.. but still my sis faut cuz she left turned)

Originally posted by ConVict
    I remember my girlfriends buddy was sitting in the parking lot, and some lady just back up into him while he was stopped, he was laying on the horn and everything... there was cars in front and back off him so he coudnt move.. and she just kept on coming... and they called it a 50/50 ... i think its bullshit
    That is BS. The person reversing is totally at fault. Any accidents involving someone going in reverse is total at fault. But in this case even more so cuz your GF's buddy wasn't moving.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

oh new update.. my sis just called the Claim department for our insurance .. and they said now its my sister at fault, apparently it was a " major parking street" or something

My Ride
    Probe

insurance companies will always side against the teenager...
    i was driving one day, and this lady in a big ol van didnt look over before chaning lanes and came at me, there was a small shoulder before the median so i tried to avoid it... she still hit me..
    in the end it was MY FAULT because the lady said i was trying to create my own lane on the shoulder... when the only reason i went onto it was so the lady woudnt hit me... i was traveling in the left hand lane constentily for a good 20 seconds before the accident... stupid bitch/insurance company

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast