Quantcast
Recommendations for furnace cleaning? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Recommendations for furnace cleaning?

Default Recommendations for furnace cleaning?

Looking for a company to do come clean the furnace and ducts at my place. Never used one before, any recommendations? Do you guys pay extra to have all the vents cleaned in the house? Or just do certain ones/certain levels?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Talk to Anton with Fresh Air Furnace - http://www.freshairfurnace.ca. They are reasonably priced and do great work. Their pricing is here: http://www.freshairfurnace.ca/en/pricing.html.

I just got my furnace cleaned. I highly recommend Keith Last at Fagnan's. He not only cleaned my furnace but gave some good tips for furnace longevity and efficiency. Really good guy. Make sure you specifically ask for Keith Last.

Here is his post from CalgaryPuck:

2012 January $pecial//Furnace and Duct cleaning $190.00 FLAT RATE 1 FURNACE ALL VENTS// REPAIR'S // AND 24 point INSPECTION//

Installation of New Furnaces and Hot water tanks and tankless systems

403-970-9256

http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-...lgary-ab-32877

Second vote for Keith Last at Fagnan's. Did my furnaces after a big reno. Excellent guy. He was friendly, knowledgeably and efficient. He was also on time (actually early) and efficient.

My Ride
    POS

Originally posted by ffmf
    I just got my furnace cleaned. I highly recommend Keith Last at Fagnan's. He not only cleaned my furnace but gave some good tips for furnace longevity and efficiency. Really good guy. Make sure you specifically ask for Keith Last.

Here is his post from CalgaryPuck:

2012 January $pecial//Furnace and Duct cleaning $190.00 FLAT RATE 1 FURNACE ALL VENTS// REPAIR'S // AND 24 point INSPECTION//

Installation of New Furnaces and Hot water tanks and tankless systems

403-970-9256

http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-...lgary-ab-32877

$190 including cold duct as well. i found most ad is only emphasis how they clean the heat duct but no one ever mention about the cold duct at all.
    For Rent: 1000 sq apartment located in Downtown. available immediately. Pls PM me for further detail

Pm for detail

There was a deal on Calgary deals blog.com for $69 or something for a cleaning.
    There's small print but take a look.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by bighead2267

$190 including cold duct as well. i found most ad is only emphasis how they clean the heat duct but no one ever mention about the cold duct at all.
    You have to block ALL of them no matter what, you just get charged 10-15 per extra one, if they aren't all sealed then there isn't proper suction and nothing will get cleaned. You can't even leave on open.

From someone who used to do duct cleaning, I would never pay for it unless I had a major reno done with TONS of dust. After doing an over the top job of cleaning my own I ran a camera about 15ft down and most of the dust that was stuck to side walls was still there. Most people just think they can breath better afterwards when really there's no difference at all. It really is a huge scam and there's tons of people in the industry that agree with me.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

The truth is that all the dust and dirt is just sitting on the bottom of your duct. The air flow off your furnace fan is not high enough to blow it back into the house so it doesn't affect the air quality.

I wouldn't exactly call it a scam, they might be over exaggerating the effect of duct cleaning. I compare duct cleaning to vacuuming under big furniture or appliance. It doesn't affect me to have dirt there but it's nice to know that there isn't.

Recommendation for duct cleaning? Don't do it. Its a complete waste of money. Replace your filter and be done with it.
    ---

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by lilmira
    The truth is that all the dust and dirt is just sitting on the bottom of your duct. The air flow off your furnace fan is not high enough to blow it back into the house so it doesn't affect the air quality.

I wouldn't exactly call it a scam, they might be over exaggerating the effect of duct cleaning. I compare duct cleaning to vacuuming under big furniture or appliance. It doesn't affect me to have dirt there but it's nice to know that there isn't.

Originally posted by kenny
    Recommendation for duct cleaning? Don't do it. Its a complete waste of money. Replace your filter and be done with it.
    ORLYINTERESTINGIHADNOIDEALOL

Thanks guys.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Should clarify... if there is a specific reason to clean the ducts (mold, pest problems, possible even major renos or new build debris), then its not a complete waste of money. Its the annual cleaning that people do that is a waste of money.

http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/mah...gemare_011.cfm
    ---

My Ride
    rally pig

bumping, is it still considered unnecessary to have the furnace and ducts cleaned on a yearly basis?
    what about for pet owners?

I noticed that while sweeping the floor beside the air duct, dust and dogs hair gets sucked pretty easily.

I regularly change the air filter on a 2-3 months basis but the wife is thinking we should get it serviced on a yearly basis now.
    imo every 2-3 years should do it

Originally posted by lilmira

Should clarify... if there is a specific reason to clean the ducts (mold, pest problems, possible even major renos or new build debris), then its not a complete waste of money. Its the annual cleaning that people do that is a waste of money.
    Furnace duct cleaning lol.

If I weren't such an upstanding citizen, I could make a killing on this scam.

My Ride
    14 ZL1

Bump, is beyond still recommending Anton with Fresh Air Furnace or Keith with Fagnans?
    Last edited by mikestypes; 08-11-2017 at 11:46 AM.
    Mike
    14 ZL1
    07 Mazdaspeed3