Quantcast
Quote Your First Post - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quote Your First Post

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Default Quote Your First Post

Not surprisingly I was arguing about the benefits of CDMA technologies. I had been working for Telus for 7 months at this point.

Originally posted by Mar

Telus is ahead of the game with CDMA technology, what needs to happen now is for the rest of the world to catch up to Telus' game. It allows more carriers on the network than TDMA does and it's more secure. As for having both a business number and a personal number in the same phone, they've had this for years, it's dual NAM. Every phone has it.
    Find your first post and post it here, should be funny to see some of them.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 05:06 PM.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Kobe
    Anyone know anything about those. Heard a 98 prelude went for 500$ becuase it had 2 broken windows and a scratch on the side, anyone have a site i can visit
    Was talkin about the Police Auctions or Impound Actions...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Good ol' power wheelchair lady

Originally posted by Mibz
    I'm sorry I couldn't be bother to read all 20 pages but living and working in Shawnessey for many years has given me first-hand experience with Frida. Here are the two incidents that will always stand out to me, I'm sorry if they've already been explained by others that were around.

First was back in 2002 when I worked at Wal-Mart. She was there, as always, wandering. I was working courtesy desk so didn't see it happen, but she managed to flip herself over at the toys/seasonal intersection. Not sure if she took a turn too fast or what, but she was stuck sideways on the ground in the middle of Wal-Mart. It took 2 hours and the fire department to lift her up. Hi-godamn-larious.

The second one I actually DID witness at the intersection of Shawnessey Blvd and whatever Wal-Mart/Future Shop is at. I was going Southbound and she was on the NW corner waiting to go South as well. Well, she must have gotten impatient because she saw a gap in traffic and went. Halfway through her trek a red F150 went to turn right from Eastbound to Southbound just as his light turned yellow. He stopped quickly to make sure my traffic wasn't coming at him, I'm not sure whether he saw Frida coming at him but as he went to turn I'm sure he was surprised to notice that Frida had rammed him. I don't know why she didn't stop, but she just went full speed into the back wheel of this truck. My light turned green so I had to go but the last thing I saw was the guy getting out of his truck as Frida backed up and went around the back of the truck. I would love to know what happened afterwards if anybody saw it.

Anyway, yeah. I live in the condos behind Canadian Tire there so I see her all too often. I'll be back to this thread if anything new happens :P

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Discussing the benefits of changing back to stock tail lights.
    Originally posted by ZMan2k2
    I had them on my car once, but I saw them one day, as I was following my car, and I couldn't see them in the light. I thought screw that, next day, the stockies were back on.

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by d-UNiT
    its unfolding in front of my eyes !!!.... lol these phones are tiiiight , how much lower could i push the price on the Panasonic GU87 <-- thats a nice fone,.. thanks guy

Dang - First account on beyond - a long time ago.

I'm embarrassed reading some of my posts now.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by snowboard
    im looking to buy a gixxxer soon here, hopefully want to find the blue/blue/white paint scheme too if anyone knows of anyone selling a gixxer send me a PM if you would be that kind.

if you know someone selling any other bikes PM me too please. thanksssss

haha so longagooo

Originally posted by masoncgy
    I've used the service before to sell a vehicle and it was great. The Yukon sold within 3 weeks and I got a real good price for it. It's nice not to have to deal with the hassle of bringing people to your house, test drives, etc.

I've also purchased a couple vehicles through them over the past 4 years and both times got a great ride at a bargain basement price.

I'd recommend them. I notice they lowered their selling fees a bit too.
    This was regarding 'Park It & Sell It' which I understand has gone out of business.

This true? I know they were struggling a bit when I left in the fall in 2010... but their website is gone.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I was trying to sell a car where everyone thought I was being shady by not allowing test drives in my uninsured vehicle. Guess I wasn't exactly well known on Beyond... can't really blame anyone. So hard to sell an uninsured vehicle...

In fact, I see today that many of my first posts were to sell various vehicles. I really signed up just to find an advertising venue - but eventually got into the convos. Now I'm 50 posts away from 3rd gear.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Should add the date too. I'll have to dig it up from my first account, "freshprince".

...interesting. I just searched my first username, and it's not on the list anymore. Been around in '06, first usernmae got banned when I switched email addresses.
    Last edited by freshprince1; 01-06-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

I guess I posted in sexualbanana's "Stolen" thread in 2005.

I can definitly look out there for you. What is the licence number?? I drive and cruse the city every night with a bunch of my car friends from about 10pm till 5am, so if we see it, police and you will know right away!

I saw a bunch of my other posts above this one.... Yuuuuup, not proud of myself. lol
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    08 GSR

Originally posted by V6-BoI
    I say the Tickford Falcon, it handles SO good.
    I posted this in the thread about your favorite Gran Turismo 3 car, back in February 2, 2003. Damn, that's almost 9 years ago!

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by A2VR6
    Which VW dealer did you go to? If you really want a V8 Touareg theres a 2004 white one at fifth ave vw for 63,150 in stock. It's in their new vehicle inventory off their website. I guess it depends on how much you value or care about fuel economy. Because if you thinking about those Yukons or Touaregs with the V8 you'll being paying at the pump. Do they actually have MDX's in stock now adays? Because everytime i've been to the Acura dealer, almost all of them are sold and the salesman says theres a waiting list.

Looking through some of my other old posts it's amazing how much of a vw fanboy I was haha...

My Ride
    Silverado

03-21-2009

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    hey i installed an amp in my accent today.. and the hazard lights come on when i try to exit the car? anyone have any ideas?
    I lurked for a while before I joined. Turns out I joined to ask for help. lol
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 01-06-2012 at 10:00 PM.

My Ride
    STi

Originally posted by jsn
    Im thinking changing the exhaust system on my MK1 (its NA). do you guys have any recomendations? I was looking around and i have few options because not many still make exhausts for this car. I was thinking of either getting a custom made exhaust system, or else HKS makes a full exhaust system with 2&quot; piping (part number LES-T03). Would anyone recommend the HKS exhaust? Or which muffler would you guys recommend if i were to go custom made?
    My first post (at least on this account) was asking for advice for my first car.

Originally posted by Drunkn_masta
    thats one freaky ass kiten.... cool lol
    EDIT: found my first post ever way back in 2004. No idea what the post was about or why I said that. I was mostly just a forum lurker
    Last edited by jsn; 01-06-2012 at 06:21 PM.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by freshprince1

...interesting. I just searched my first username, and it's not on the list anymore. Been around in '06, first usernmae got banned when I switched email addresses.
    It was you that everyone laughed at for basically banning yourself right? I remember that.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Hey, just got told about this forum, stampede was fun, I went with my now ex girl, it was cool though, really really hot weather this time around. Good stuff.

They need to get a bigger roller coaster.
    07-15-2002. Almost 500 pages of posts back. I was such a homo haha.

I didn't mean to make 2 posts, apparently I'm still a noob after all this time.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

10-03-2005

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

The trick is not getting caught...
    Apparently about some guy getting caught massively speeding haha.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

lol

November 20, 2004:

Originally posted by A790
    Nothing wrong with the Type-X's. Very expensive; you're better off with the Type-R's.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast