Quantcast
Garage Box Auto Review - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garage Box Auto Review

My Ride
    '01 Prelude

Default Garage Box Auto Review

Hey all

I just wanted to give a short review on the guys at Garage Box, one of the sponsors for this forum. The shop is run by two brothers of which one came from Speedtech. These guys are nothing short of amazing. Their service is awesome and friendly and their expertise is great, especially with the Honda/Toyota crowd. I had an issue with my t-belt (which had just been replaced) tearing itself to almost nothing a month after I got it. I brought the car to these guys and they honestly didn't rest until they got it figured out. The best thing about their service is there's no barrier in between... Paul/Phil don't just tell you what needs to be done, they show you and demonstrate why. It always helps seeing what mechanics are actually doing to your car instead of just taking their word for it. Ive been screwed by that too many times before. Garage Box also has the ability to order a lot of parts and pieces through their vendors at a pretty fair price.. I think I probably ordered 10 different things and they arrived at the shop same day. Their per hour labor rate is also a fair bit better then most dealers. I've had them do pretty much all the maintenance you can think of on my prelude and I'm still shocked at how much less I paid compared to at a dealer.

In short I'd definitely recommend these guys to anyone who needs fair, reliable service on their vehicles (imports and domestics). Find their contact info in the sponsor section or check them out on facebook (Garage Box). They tend to post any specials and news on their facebook feed.

Thanks to Paul/Phil, I have a lot more faith in my car now haha.

Last edited by l337krew; 01-10-2012 at 11:42 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

The Tans are good people!

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

l337krew- It was your Prelude you had issues with?

+1 for Garage Box. I've always been able to count on them even on short notice.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    '01 Prelude

Originally posted by projekz
    l337krew- It was your Prelude you had issues with?

+1 for Garage Box. I've always been able to count on them even on short notice.
    yea it was my lude
    Last edited by l337krew; 01-10-2012 at 04:09 PM.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Had a good experience with them as well. Clean work, great pricing, super efficient as well.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    a HEMI

I also would like to give my opinion on Garagebox. I moved to calgary from toronto and ive worked on hondas and nissans several years back. So i have heavy opinions on who i would trust to work on any of my cars. Tell you the truth. It is hard to gain my trust. I intially thought i was screwed Moving to Cgy and id have to bring my cars to dealers or ship my cars to vancouver or toronto because i couldnt find a reputable tuner shop in town. I dropped by at chippys which was located right across from garagebox and i was i shock that i mightve found my first tuner shop in town ( initially drawn me in with phils DA ). I went inside and talked to the guys about doing some work on my car. They didnt answer things unless they were 120% sure. So they took my number and called me back the next day with a quote on the work. Time is worth more than money to me. Waste my time and youll never exPect to see me again. From that day ive been at garagebox more than working at mine. They are now going to be the only ones going to work on my nissan altima and my EL. And in a few years my ram as well. Of course after my warrenty expires. The attentiOn to detail is just staggering with paul and phil. If anyone has a chance to just drop by their shop for work or just get some knowledge from them. Its well worth it. Great guys. Great shop.
    2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
    2006 Nissan Altima V6 SE
    2006 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R
    2000 Acura 1.6* EL

DNT Paintless Dent Repair - Technician

My Ride
    sr86

I am also a tan fan, super courteous, knowledgeable and all round great to deal with! Plus good shop rate at Garagebox and lithium. Side note kfon you sound pretty anal retentive.

My Ride
    AE86/Tacoma

Originally posted by lastlatvian
    I am also a tan fan, super courteous, knowledgeable and all round great to deal with! Plus good shop rate at Garagebox and lithium. Side note kfon you sound pretty anal retentive.
    Wait till you see his EL . It's top notch!

Ray

My Ride
    a HEMI

You got that wrong bud. Im not a ahole that goes to their shop to hold their hands and make sure theyre doing it right. I go there while theyre working on my car because i want to learn and watch all the cool things they do. Ask the tans or ray. Ive never said "whoa whoa whoa!you sure?". Its easier for them when im there sometimes because theres so much custom work and added parts paul and phil ask if i want. Rather then waiting for my respond. Im right there to answer. Might be weird that im there lots. But i know ik not bugging these guys.

Psshh. Anal retentive. You could of just said obsessive or annoying. Why the big terms? Lol

@ ray
    Phil and adrean sent me a few updated photos. Its siiick
    2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
    2006 Nissan Altima V6 SE
    2006 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R
    2000 Acura 1.6* EL

DNT Paintless Dent Repair - Technician

My Ride
    '01 Prelude

Saw your baby today Kelvin.. looking really good

My Ride
    1996 Mitsubishi EVO IV

props to both these guys as well! had a few problems on my ek diagnosed as well as a motor swapped they do awesome work!!
    1992 JDM MR2 Turbo - SOLD
    2001 Integra Type R - SOLD
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD
    2004 Acura TSX - SOLD
    1998 Boosted EK9 Hatch - SOLD
    1995 Nissan Pathfinder XE - SOLD
    1990 Nissan Pathfinder SE 35" - SOLD
    1990 Nissan 240sx 310WHP - SOLD
    1996 Mitsubishi Evo IV

Im A Car Whore

My Ride
    sr86

@kfon i was just teasing sorry sorry to clutter the thread.

My Ride
    Ram

paul and phil are good guys. ray is a sexy beast

My Ride
    AE86/Tacoma

Originally posted by Sorath
    paul and phil are good guys. ray is a sexy beast
    Thanks Kasem . Haha!

Ray

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I had a really annoying ticking sound on my rear passenger side wheel and could not figure out where the sound was coming from. Paul has worked with my cars in the past when he use to work for speedtech so I knew that he does a good job.

I took my car this morning to get it looked at. He hoisted the car up and had a look at it. One of his tech noticed that there was a huge bolt stuck right dead center of my tire which was causing the ticking noise.

You could not believe the relief I got once I found out it wasn't anything major but I was glad that the issue was resolved simply by getting my tired patched up.

Paul even decided to wash my car before he decided to give the car back to me. Now that's service!

I would definitely go back to this place and I would recommend it to anyone who needs work on their cars.

My Ride
    This and that.

Bump from the dead.

Is this shop still great and living up to the expectations? They still sponsors on here? All my research and reviews say so, but I figured I'd check here too. Taking my X5M there tomorrow to get it lowered and doing my due diligence.

My Ride
    G37, Gsxr600

I've got my camber arms installed by GarageBox in the summer. Normally always take it to them for an alignment. I still like the shop alot. SPC / Toe Bolts where installed perfectly.

Took my old STI there, nice guys, let me hangout in the back with them while they worked.

My Ride
    This and that.

Was coming in to put my review of Garage Box after I took my X5M in yesterday to get it lowered. Paul was great, and absolutely awesome to shoot the shit and chill with. I was there the entire time and it never felt like he was rushing through the job or not paying due diligence to what he was doing. He was meticulous and did everything to the tee.

He doesn't have any other workers usually because he likes to give personal attention to everything he does. His price was over couple hundred lower than what he quoted me initially and substantially lower than what other shops quoted me.

Overall had a great experience there and Paul did an excellent job. I would definitely recommend him.

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by shakalaka
    Was coming in to put my review of Garage Box after I took my X5M in yesterday to get it lowered. Paul was great, and absolutely awesome to shoot the shit and chill with. I was there the entire time and it never felt like he was rushing through the job or not paying due diligence to what he was doing. He was meticulous and did everything to the tee.

He doesn't have any other workers usually because he likes to give personal attention to everything he does. His price was over couple hundred lower than what he quoted me initially and substantially lower than what other shops quoted me.

Overall had a great experience there and Paul did an excellent job. I would definitely recommend him.
    good to know. im tired of doing work to cars. maybe I'll bring my suspension to him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast