Quantcast
Towing tickets - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Towing tickets

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

Default Towing tickets

I got towed a few days ago downtown, while parked at a private parking lot of roche bobois. The link right under shows you almost the exact spot i was parked in (where the white car is parked on the right, almost behind the building)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=10th+av...179.24,,0,6.84

I payed the 100 to get out of the impound and also got a $40 dollar "traffic bylaw" ticket. I also got all the forms required to somehow get a refund back for the 100 I payed.

I was wondering if there is any way to get out of this because I was literally parked in there for 10 minutes while I went to meet with a buddy who was at Cafe Med. The lot was completely empty.

My ticket also has "traffic bylaw" checked off instead of "parking bylaw". I thought that this should be a case of a parking violation instead of traffic and since they usually throw any ticket away that has errors I could go off that?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

What is this about a refund for the towing fee? Is this normal?

I was towed about a month ago due to not moving my car by 7am on a street downtown. I think I payed $110 for the tow...

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Re: Towing tickets

Originally posted by ClearBluewater
    I got towed a few days ago downtown, while parked at a private parking lot of roche bobois. The link right under shows you almost the exact spot i was parked in (where the white car is parked on the right, almost behind the building)

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=10th+av...179.24,,0,6.84

I payed the 100 to get out of the impound and also got a $40 dollar "traffic bylaw" ticket. I also got all the forms required to somehow get a refund back for the 100 I payed.

I was wondering if there is any way to get out of this because I was literally parked in there for 10 minutes while I went to meet with a buddy who was at Cafe Med. The lot was completely empty.

My ticket also has "traffic bylaw" checked off instead of "parking bylaw". I thought that this should be a case of a parking violation instead of traffic and since they usually throw any ticket away that has errors I could go off that?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    So, you admit you were parked illegally and got towed? 10 minutes or 10 hours, doesn't matter...

If I was the business owner, it wouldn't matter to me if one person parked there for 10 hours, or 60 people parked there for 10 minutes.. the lot is for my patrons, and I'd be pissed at everyone who figured "It's just 10 minutes" and caused a potential loss of sales for me because there was no parking available for my customers. Further to that, it wouldn't matter if the lot was empty, as I'd rather it be empty and available for my customers, then full being used for another business with no compensation for me.

To put yourself in the business owners frame of mind... would it bother you if someone parked in your driveway as they visited your neighbor, even if it was only for 10 minutes? Then imagine how you'd feel if 50 people a week did the exact same thing...

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

Dude, he didn't ask for your opinion on whether it was a good idea or not...

My Ride
    4x4

Guaranteed you were there more than 10min to get towed, for an owner to call CPA, get an officer onsite is 15-20min in the core, then dispatch a towtruck - at least 10min... load - 3-10min... that's at least 45...

Suck it up and pay up, park legally next time...

My Ride

Originally posted by Hi-Psi
    Dude, he didn't ask for your opinion on whether it was a good idea or not...
    That's the wonderful thing about the internet. Everyone is allowed to express an opinion whether or not it was solicited. Post in a public forum, and live with the fact that you're going to get answers you don't like. So, feel free to consider that while you're licking off the semen from your hand.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

What is the section number and bylaw cited on the ticket?

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

Originally posted by codetrap
    So, feel free to consider that while you're licking off the semen from your hand.

You're the cum your mother should have swallowed.

My Ride

Originally posted by Hi-Psi

You're the cum your mother should have swallowed.
    Hahaha. You mad bro?

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by codetrap; 01-11-2012 at 12:33 PM.

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

I know that its a legal tow, and it was my fault etc etc...

However, I am asking if there is any way to get out of this ticket because i figured people on a car forum should have some kind of experience at this. Yes I could suck it up and pay for it, but if there is a way for me to get out of paying $150 bucks it would be pretty awesome. I am a student and not making the cash I would like to quite yet.

I am not sure which part of the ticket is the section number, but I assume it is at the top where it says "this tag issued for breach of section:" 28(1). Underneath the section there is two check mark locations they say:

Parking Bylaw
    Traffic Bylaw

Traffic Bylaw is checked off.

Thanks again!

My Ride
    4x4

So you think the calgary taxpayer should pick up the tab instead?

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

Originally posted by AndyL
    So you think the calgary taxpayer should pick up the tab instead?
    You're a douche

Whos in to start a fundraiser for this innocent victims ticket!
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

My Ride
    4x4

Really, CPA pays towing company for having towed your illegally parked car, which by your own admission was deserved. Your wanting to fight it because your a poor starving student... not for a real reason, so your going to cost taxpayers not only on court costs, but if somehow you win - we pay the towing too?

And your calling me a douche?

My Ride
    Ford F150

Really, CPA pays towing company for having towed your illegally parked car, which by your own admission was deserved. Your wanting to fight it because your a poor starving student... not for a real reason, so your going to cost taxpayers not only on court costs, but if somehow you win - we pay the towing too?

I can eat more hot wings than you.

Lol @ this thread.
    Does everything matter or does nothing matter?

I know that its a legal tow, and it was my fault etc etc...

However, I am asking if there is any way to get out of this ticket because i figured people on a car forum should have some kind of experience at this. Yes I could suck it up and pay for it, but if there is a way for me to get out of paying $150 bucks it would be pretty awesome. I am a student and not making the cash I would like to quite yet.

I am not sure which part of the ticket is the section number, but I assume it is at the top where it says "this tag issued for breach of section:" 28(1). Underneath the section there is two check mark locations they say:

Parking Bylaw
    Traffic Bylaw

Traffic Bylaw is checked off.

Thanks again!
    I had my car towed but I was LEGALLY parked. I can tell you how I got my fees reimbursed (towing/ticket/impound fees) although I do not know if it will work for you since technically you weren't parked legally.

You need to go down to the Calgary Parking Authority office (620 9 Ave SW) and explain the the guy behind the counter what happened. He will then give you a form to fill out where you describe in detail what happened. He then forwards it to his superiors and they make the final decision if you can have your money refunded. Hope this helps.

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

You're not just a douche, you're a huge douche.

Originally posted by 403_Calgary

I had my car towed but I was LEGALLY parked. I can tell you how I got my fees reimbursed (towing/ticket/impound fees) although I do not know if it will work for you since technically you weren't parked legally.

You need to go down to the Calgary Parking Authority office (620 9 Ave SW) and explain the the guy behind the counter what happened. He will then give you a form to fill out where you describe in detail what happened. He then forwards it to his superiors and they make the final decision if you can have your money refunded. Hope this helps.
    Thanks so much!

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

On that form, it's going to ask who you were visiting that owns that lot. You mentioned you visited a restaurant on 1st street, yet you parked at a business' lot on 10th ave.

This is cut & dry. The appeal process, is for when you legitimately visited a business with rights to a parking lot.

Trespass is trespass, so the time parked is irrelevant.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Default Re: Towing tickets

No, its privately owned, TITLED parking stalls....tough lesson to learn.

We (the board) tow people parked in our condo lots illegally all the time like this.....we call them douches.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast