Quantcast
Towing tickets - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Towing tickets

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Wouldn't it be awesome if somehow the fee/fine could be doubled for those people that waste the appeals process time by submitting false claims?

OP, I'm not sure what you're planning on saying on that form, but it pretty much sums up to you knew you did something wrong, but you feel you shouldn't be held responsible for your own actions? If you tell the truth, you know your appeal is going to be rejected, so you'll have to lie on a public document. You realize that's basically admitting to everyone in the forum that you're basically a dishonest person who won't take responsibility for their actions.

It's odd, but it sounds sooo familiar....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...09#post3607209
    Originally posted by ClearBluewater
    The kid is at fault for driving without a license, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the accident. Your friend is wrong for following to close. =Your friend is at fault and his rates should go up.
    Oh, I also don't buy the starving student routine...
    What I drive: e46 328i, e46 m3
    Last edited by codetrap; 01-12-2012 at 08:46 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

I know that its a legal tow, and it was my fault etc etc...

However, I am asking if there is any way to get out of this ticket because i figured people on a car forum should have some kind of experience at this. Yes I could suck it up and pay for it, but if there is a way for me to get out of paying $150 bucks it would be pretty awesome. I am a student and not making the cash I would like to quite yet.

I am not sure which part of the ticket is the section number, but I assume it is at the top where it says "this tag issued for breach of section:" 28(1). Underneath the section there is two check mark locations they say:

Parking Bylaw
    Traffic Bylaw

Traffic Bylaw is checked off.

Thanks again!
    Suck it up, princess. My eldest who is 20 and is a full time student at the UofC also got two parking tickets in the past two months - both of which were his fault. Our advice to him as parents - suck it up and pay the fines as he was the dumb ass who very well knew in both instances that he was taking a chance by parking where he did.

Better yet, it would appear from another thread (link), that you are in fact proving how much of a douche you are - scamming the system once again. Never the less, here's to hoping that you're not representative of your generation because if you are, then we're all in trouble - scamming and cheating are not things I was taught to be good virtues to be proud of.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

You roll a M3 and can't afford a $150.00 ticket? Wow, you are either colored (aka cheap, according to Russell) or lying. I'll go with both of the above.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by KRyn
    You roll a M3 and can't afford a $150.00 ticket? Wow, you are either colored (aka cheap, according to Russell) or lying. I'll go with both of the above.

If you can drive an M3 and pay the insurance on that, a parking ticket should be no problem

My Ride
    Blue boy

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

Originally posted by codetrap
    Wouldn't it be awesome if somehow the fee/fine could be doubled for those people that waste the appeals process time by submitting false claims?

OP, I'm not sure what you're planning on saying on that form, but it pretty much sums up to you knew you did something wrong, but you feel you shouldn't be held responsible for your own actions? If you tell the truth, you know your appeal is going to be rejected, so you'll have to lie on a public document. You realize that's basically admitting to everyone in the forum that you're basically a dishonest person who won't take responsibility for their actions.

It's odd, but it sounds sooo familiar....

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...09#post3607209
    How is this any different than a person that gets a speeding ticket and goes to court to have either the fine or the demerits reduced?

You think that is wrong as well? Dishonest even?

I can almost guarantee you that almost everyone in this thread has gone down to court to fight a ticket of some sort at some point in their life, whether the ticket was deserved or not. This case is no different.

Originally posted by Hi-Psi

How is this any different than a person that gets a speeding ticket and goes to court to have either the fine or the demerits reduced?

I can almost guarantee you that almost everyone in this thread has gone down to court to fight a ticket of some sort at some point in their life, whether the ticket was deserved or not. This case is no different.
    Can the OP use your driveway for the winter then to store his extra BMW - no big deal really. After all, it's private property - no different than the private lot the OP parked in that you think is okay by your logic above.

Also, never have fought a speeding ticket - all past ones were deserved and wouldn't have been worth my time to fight due to the offset in lost wages/etc. Mind you, all past ones have been small or even reduced on the spot (being courteous to and honest with an officer does wonders) - best one was being caught doing 150kph on John Laurier years ago and walking away with nothing, bike fell over breaking off clutch lever and police officer figured that had made my day that much worse, being courteous, honest and polite while in the back of the cruiser did wonders IMHO.

Regardless, this case is different from speeding tickets, way different.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by AndyL
    Really, CPA pays towing company for having towed your illegally parked car, which by your own admission was deserved. Your wanting to fight it because your a poor starving student... not for a real reason, so your going to cost taxpayers not only on court costs, but if somehow you win - we pay the towing too?

And your calling me a douche?
    Thats the way it is now in the world, if you can somehow get out of your responsibility its like a challenge to see how much you can get away with. Morals be damned, its all about me me me. Just imagine if this person has kids, what kind of lessons are the next generation learning from the parents who suck from the teet of society all their lives? I eagerly await this guys thread on how to get out of paying off his student loans.

Must be nice to have to money to eat out at cafes and not have to pay your tickets because you're "a poor loser".

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Ive gotten 3 speeding tickets, all deserved, well earned, and paid with no complaint. The bonus was on the third one, when the cop wrote me an apology letter out of the blue and I had my money refunded. I could have fought one of them, but I figured it all balanced out when I think of what Ive gotten away with. Grow up and try to stop being a leech.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I've had speeding tickets, parkign tickets and I had my car towed once.
    Never once fought a ticket. I deserved every one, and even though I wasn't happy with any of them, I paid, in full, and took the demerits like a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '06 300C SRT8, '04 ZX6R

You also work in the oilpatch, as do I, students and other low income people might not have the same free cash flow that people in the oilsands and other well paying fields do...

I'm not saying anything is right or wrong, I'm just saying that if there's a chance to get some money back from a ticket, a tow, a fine, whatever the case may be, what does it matter if the person wants to pursue it?

He's not asking for your opinions on whether it's right or wrong, he's asking if anyone has done this. Plain and simple. Of course though, nothing is plain and simple on an online forum

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

in my opinion, online forums are good ONLY for opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    in my opinion, online forums are good ONLY for opinions.
    Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Thanks so much!
    Chances of refunds are slim to none, especially on private property.

You really have to watch out where you park around the core. Risking 10min at a metered spot is cheaper than private property.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Yes I could suck it up and pay for it, but if there is a way for me to get out of paying $150 bucks it would be pretty awesome. I am a student and not making the cash I would like to quite yet.
    What I drive: 328i, m3

FWP
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Originally posted by FraserB

What I drive: 328i (Moms Car), m3 (Dads Car)

FWP

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by FraserB

What I drive: 328i, m3

FWP
    Come one guys, you got to know by now that there are always people driving nice cars and live in a ghetto and eat ramen noodles everyday.

My Ride
    e46 328i, e46 m3

You also work in the oilpatch, as do I, students and other low income people might not have the same free cash flow that people in the oilsands and other well paying fields do...

I'm not saying anything is right or wrong, I'm just saying that if there's a chance to get some money back from a ticket, a tow, a fine, whatever the case may be, what does it matter if the person wants to pursue it?

He's not asking for your opinions on whether it's right or wrong, he's asking if anyone has done this. Plain and simple. Of course though, nothing is plain and simple on an online forum
    I think you are literally the only person here who understands what I am trying to do.

I don't really understand why everyone is trying to white knight this issue. The reason why I own the cars I own is because I am smart with my money. Yes I could just pay the 150 bucks and go on my merry way, but I would much rather get at least something back. Its hard to believe most people here so are saying that they take every ticket and demerit like a boss, and even if you did that, you are an idiot. The Canadian government encourages people to go to court and talk to either a judge or justice of peace officer in order to reduce your ticket and your demerits and that's why those systems are set up. Not taking advantage of that is plain stupidity.

Those of you trying to say I am being dishonest obviously don't know how to read because I have admitted I was at fault and said exactly what had happened. I simply asked for your advice on how I could get out it and that doesn't involve me lying to anyone.

I do not live in the north east and I am also not brown for those that for some reason think this has anything to do with my race or location.
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

Will fuck off, again.

Can't be bothered to read all the squabling....but is this right:

• OP parked illegally on a private lot
    • Lot owner called to have car towed
    • OP thinks he should get re-imbursed because....WHY???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast