Quantcast
Illmotion - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Illmotion

My Ride
    Rear Wheel Drive

Default Illmotion

Illmotion

There is a lot of people that want to know more about the group Illmotion and the group and its involvement in the car culture. Purely from an outsiders perspective; Some dont' know much about the group itself, and some dont know many of the people representing the group. Some of the people that are bearing "Illmotion" stickers, I must admit, it is sort of cool. Some of the builds are fresh, clean well done. like stickydiljoe. In a short word, some builds from this group are... Sick.

Many have seen good and bad. It's only opinion.

Illmotion; is a group of drivers with common tuning goals have a real passion for the tuning; which sets a fairly good example of "how it should be done". Form and Function.

So this leads to a few questions:

Should it be said that Illmotion sets the proper way of tuning by form and function?
    Is this the only way of tuning?
    Is it that tuners which do not bear the sticker Illmotion are considered not proper tuners? or less of a tuner?
    Who / which group IS the example of Form and Function? Some can say the manufacturers themselves.
    should the Manufacturers be not the actual entity that already engineered(function), designed (form), and manufactured already for any buyers on the market?
    Racing team? official manufacturers?
    If your car is tuned and likeable by any of the Illmotion crew, you get a sticker?
    How does a tuners vehicle qualify as an Illmotion car??
    Whats the difference between a tuner and Illmotion?
    Who founed Illmotion?
    How does Illmotion consider a good tune vs bad tune?
    Whats considered a "Build"
    Whats considered an "Illmotion Build"

Simply said, I am not by any means providing support nor abuse towards Illmotion. Just curious. Illmotion seems to be a group that helps contribute to making the scene by differentiating their builds with "illmotion" stickers; Achieved by purchasing several different aftermarket manufacturing brands readily available to anyone who wishes to purchase the product as a consumer, distributor or retailer.

And this thread for discussion and ideas.
    <signature has not been setup>

My Ride

My Ride
    S14|TB1

My Ride
    DC2

Haha wtf kind of a thread is this. Illmotion is a blog that's spreading the local automotive community.

Why is this even a thread.

My Ride
    NC1

They are just a bunch of guys who got together to put up a website to help promote the local car scene. It's just something they do for fun, on the side. Yea there are stickers involved and they have a following. However, they are just representing a small section of the car community. They aren't imposing their way on anyone so I will ask, what's with all the questions?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Most actual dedicated car people dont give a shit about 'ill'motion.

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

I like illmotion
    I like stickers
    You haz stickers?
    I build and you give me stickers
    Illmotion is the tuning authority, you must tune to impress others
    Give me stickers

My Ride
    changes every year

IMO, it was started as a crew and it is still a crew, not just a website. i think what star-k is really asking is, how can he be part of the crew. i dont want to be, but im interested to know this as well, its obvious that they all do their cars in higher end parts(from what ive seen), so is that a requirement?...

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

Since when were BC coilovers, Rota and Varrstoen wheels, and random decals considered higher end parts? lol
    Last edited by JZS_147; 01-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

My Ride
    changes every year

let me rephrase....higher end parts for a honda lol

My Ride
    M3P

This thread is fucking annoying

My Ride
    EF8

I saw a sunflower yesterday with a illmotion decal ? Does that count as one of your builds ?

My Ride
    TSX / R6S

I was reading one of the builds - and under the Engine performance, it was "Jay racing Oil Cap. Jay racing Rad cap"

I lol'd.

But he had a huge wing and roll cage on the S2000, so obviously its fast.
    Last edited by Scat E46; 01-18-2012 at 05:40 PM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Not sure if serious...... but anyways.

Like it was stated in the last thread (which you also started BTW) we’re simply a website that posts cars that we like or we think our readers will like and also events we attend. Most of the content if Calgary based, but we do have some friends from other areas of Canada that help contribute to the site. All the content is original, which can’t be said for most online blogs, which is nice I think.

Yes we sell some merchandise, which some people choose to buy to help support the site (thanks guys!). We’ve done several charity events and we all do this for fun. That’s it, there’s nothing more to it than that. It’s just a website that you can visit if you like.

/thread.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by OriginalGoods
    I saw a sunflower yesterday with a illmotion decal ? Does that count as one of your builds ?
    I saw an asian guy with a stock black RDX driving down 14th with an illmotion sticker. Most reckless and douchey driver I've seen in years; riding everyone's ass, weaving left and right, hammering on the accelerator then brakes. Absolute cunt, if this guy is part of the illmotion crew or represents them then I've lost all respect for them.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    G37X

I'm not a big fan of the name "illmotion" sounds like some lame 90's rapper slang & I agree most of the "builds" are not really my style either. But I'm also not the best person to ask as I'm a little biased towards cars with "you like this, drift for boobies" etc stickers To each there own at the end of the day, all I know is I won't be putting a sticker on my cars.

Not meaning to bash on Illmotion, but this douche ruined their reputation for me. He left his lights on while he was in the dealership. A little while later, I let him know they were on and he said "I know" in the douchiest most annoying way.

I guess the new thing is to leave your lights on so everyone can see your aftermarket angel eyes

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

^lol
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

that car lives around the corner from me and i think hes a drug dealer, the car's panels are white/green depending on what his mood is, it's never all one color and he just sits out front his house in the car with it running on his cell phone all day/night lol

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

It's just too bad that a portion of people who put illmotion stickers on their cars don't represent illmotion positively.

Unfortunately, this is what I have seen from those who sport illmotion decals:

-Excessive revving and unnecessary accelerating in an underground parking lot where I live
    -Poor driving on roads that typically have 60 km/h limits (i.e. Macleod) which includes excessive lane changes, tailgating, and non-signalling while doing those cuts.
    -Ricer fly-by's on Deerfoot
    -Doing donuts/burnouts in the Canyon Meadows area parking lot at 8:30 pm when some businesses are still open.

It's really too bad because I honestly believe the main guys of the group are trying to promote the local car scene and there are some people that ruin it.

Originally posted by Davex
    that car lives around the corner from me and i think hes a drug dealer, the car's panels are white/green depending on what his mood is, it's never all one color and he just sits out front his house in the car with it running on his cell phone all day/night lol
    Just goes to show you (drug) money doesn't buy taste.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast