Quantcast
Rogers account hacked/compromised? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rogers account hacked/compromised?

Angry Rogers account hacked/compromised?

Ugh... what a friggen day.

Long story short, wife's iPhone was 'out of service'. Called Rogers and they wouldn't speak to me because I couldn't give the right PIN or security answer... both which I used successfully 2 weeks ago when I did the upgrades.

Had to go into Rogers store in person to prove who I was, get a new PIN, get a new sim card, etc... only to see that once again someone has changed my PIN (I got an email).

The frauster had apparently called in and asked to do a hardware upgrade, was advised they couldn't, then went online and ordered two older iPhones or something.

So... what's my course of action here? I can't speak with anyone in the fraud department tonight. How easy is it for someone to gain access to my PIN, etc.... or change it.... makes little sense.

Very unnerving experience at the moment.

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

Happened to my parents 2 years ago. Basically someone used their account to do two Blackberries upgrades and sent them to Toronto. They had access to his account because an insider rep(sales rep) could access it. First they changed the email address to and then changed the billing address to Toronto so we wouldn't know what was going on. My parents were a little concerned that their phone bill hadn't arrived(always delivered on the same day of the month). Then their phones got cut off and they called Rogers customer service. The CSR told them there was charges up to $600 on their bill and it hasn't been paid for. We pleaded the case and got the cops involved. After a month of fighting with Rogers they reversed the charges and my parents ported their number out LOL

Our case was easy because my parents both bought their phones from one location and have never went to another Rogers store after that. That location got investigated and people were supposedly fired.

I've worked for Rogers before so this is how it can be done.
    1. When you go into a store they will ask you for your #, postal code, and pin(if you have one).
    - This gives them all information access to your account.
    2. A year or two down the road, they call in a pretend to be you because they still have the account info(change your pins frequently).
    - They change the email/billing address. Usually to a PO Box.
    3. They do upgrades on your account and then you find out you are stuck with a huge bill.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

My Ride
    TL

what the hell, i didn't even know i had a pin for my phone?

My Ride
    08 K24Z3, 07 YZF-R6

Pin to your account, it was supposed to be an added security feature to prevent things like that from happening LOL
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

I went online and I don't see any "pin" number that I can change? What am I missing?
    Two hands working can do more than a million clasped in prayer...

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

It's your voicemail PIN. That's the number they request on the phone. Log into your account, and change your voicemail PIN and you're good to go.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by ZMan2k2
    It's your voicemail PIN. That's the number they request on the phone. Log into your account, and change your voicemail PIN and you're good to go.
    No its a security PIN on your account that customer service has to put on.
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Originally posted by TeamBestBud

No its a security PIN on your account that customer service has to put on.
    Really?! I've never had that. Any time I call in, they ask for my pin, and it's always been my voicemail pin. I've changed that a few times, and that's the only number I have. Next time I phone in, I'll have to ask about it.