Quantcast
Hit and run in parking lot of Superstore, 130th Ave SE - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hit and run in parking lot of Superstore, 130th Ave SE

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Hit and run in parking lot of Superstore, 130th Ave SE

Approximately 1755 hours, January 23, 2012.

Was walking out of the Superstore, parked at the end of the middle row (where the cart return is in front of the big SUPERSTORE sign on the building). Hear a fart-can enabled vehicle puttering down the road that divides the store from the parking lot. He turns the corner into my lane, where I am walking close in (within half a meter) of the backs of the parked vehicles. I am almost to my car at the end of the lane.

All of a sudden, I hear a drop-shift and the gunning of an engine. Whip my head around, see nothing but headlights, leap sideways between two cars and feel the drivers side mirror smack my back and my leg bouce off his fender/door. He pulls a handbrake turn, I don't even think he noticed he hit me, and peels out down the middle lane and off onto the road, where he barely avoids being hit by a truck and then roars off towards Deerfoot like a douche.

I did call the police and gave the details, waited for them to arrive and gave a statement at the spot where I was hit. Ambulance was called at their discretion "just to be sure," was cleared okay by the paramedic. My leg is sore and my back aches a little, but there is not much I can do apart from walk it off and continue on. This post is only on the off chance, like in previous occasions on Beyond, lady luck smiles upon my fate and this assmunching cuntfarter is caught/spotted (pardon my language, I am a touch upset)

EDIT: The police did take a copy of the parking lot video surveillance, but I had a look at it over their shoulders and it happened so far from the store that all you see is one pixel smacking another pixel then doing a pretty awful slide around a corner while the other pixel leaps to its feet and yells bloody murder after the douchenozzle.

Details:

-1993-1997 generation red Civic Hatch (EG? EK? The ones that are all rounded and happy from the 90's). Lowered (not slammed though), fart can about 6 inches in diameter. Had xenon headlight conversion, and what sounded like a CAI (yes, I know I am describing about 3/4 of the Honda Civics in Calgary). BBS or imitation BBS GT wheels, gold colored, Y-spokes design.
    -License plate HKA-###. And I'm not sure about the HKA, as the damned thing was CRUSTED in road grime from roof to road, including the license plate. Also not sure if it's a 3 or 4 number plate. As I said, dark + crusted in dirt = not so good for visibility
    -Driver was approximately 20-25 years old, caucasian with either acne or very damned big freckles, had frosted blonde tip dark brown/black hair, wearing an unzipped grey or white hoodie over a light colored (like yellow or white) shirt. Looked to be about 160 lbs and I would guess 5'6" to 5'8" Was also wearing what looked to some kind of metal necklace, probably silver. EDIT: Also, narrow face with a hawkish nose, I think.
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 01-23-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    Geek

My Ride
    MK7

my girlfriend lives in mckenzie lake so i'm in the area fairly often; that car sounds really familiar. will let you know if i see it around at some point.

My Ride
    Sentra

Damn, that sucks. Just when you thought these fart cannons couldn't be anymore annoying.

Hope they catch the fucker.

If his car were louder you would have heard him coming and gotten out of the way in time. Ban mufflers.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Simon, you are a magnet for douchenozzles.

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

I'm in the area a lot (live in cranston) will keep an eye out for a red douchebag civic for you, etc etc.

But holy shit, that must be one of the most detailed descriptions I have ever heard!

My Ride
    Horse

Wow, that fuckin' sucks. I'll keep an eye out, lets hope we catch him.

My Ride
    2000 323i

That sort of rings a bell. I'm in New Brighton, I'll keep an eye out.
    Mike

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

Hope the community finds this douche.

That's alot of information/details you got there considering the situation you were in.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-08-2019 at 05:31 PM.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Amazing description! We're over in that area a couple times a week so I'll have a look.

This is the perfect time for some Beyond CSI to work it's magic.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Agreed.

Now he's got a limp and stiff back. In the security video you can very clearly see the car hitting him, but not the license plate.

It'd be great to see this douchenozzle charged. Hitting a pedestrian and then running? Fucker.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I'm not going to hold my breath, to be brutally honest. There are only about 17.5 million red Civic Hatchbacks in town, so it quite literally is the needle in teh haystack o_O

But if we get him... then I shall be happy. If not... well, hey, karma's a bitch and I'm sure he'll get his someday
    Geek

Unless the lic plate starts with a "B" it should be a 3 numbers.

If I see something, Ill forward you info
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

i'll try and keep a lookout when i visit my parents in mckenzie most weekends, unfortunately the mckenzie douglasdale area is packed full of the exact description of the car and driver, it's like a plague, plague of 'hardcore' upper middle class little shits in those neighborhoods with straight pipe fart cans.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by Rat Fink
    Dude, that sucks. You're one of the nicest people on beyond. Hope they catch the fucker

.... on a lighter note I always figured you wore battle armor around town, I'm a little shocked that you are sore

That's only when he goes to the NE

My Ride
    MK7

saw something that closely matched the description today on deerfoot southbound by 130th. what size were the rims? 17"?

Originally posted by b.rock1
    saw something that closely matched the description today on deerfoot southbound by 130th. what size were the rims? 17"?
    Suspect OP was busy enough with just trying to stay alive - noting specific details like wheel size was probably the furthest thing from the OP's mind at that point in time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast