Quantcast
Review: Touchstone Insurance - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Touchstone Insurance

My Ride
    Deebee8

Thumbs up Review: Touchstone Insurance

I just wanted to share my experience with Bill aka Masked Bandit from Touchstone Insurance. a family member was hit by a drunk driver and her insurance company was jerking her around a little so i decided to give Bill a call to see if he can offer some advice and insight. Now this had nothing to do with Bill what so ever but he took some time out of his busy day to actually help me out and clarify alot of things when he could have just said this is not his problem and to contact our own insurance company. Thanks again Bill and if any beyonders need insurance i would highly recommend Touchstone insurance

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 06:04 AM.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Bill has to be one of the nicest people I have ever spoken too. I called him to get a quote on some insurance and ended up chatting with him for nearly half a hour. I know who will be providing my future insurance.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

He is a stand up guy who always has time to answer insurance related questions. Was a big help with my questions about my rear ender accident when my own insurance adjuster was being a bitch about my questions.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Bill Eckhart is Masked Bandit? Crazy! I've been buying insurance from him for years, even way before Touchstone when he was at Diamond. Great guy to deal with!

Love this guy - I still need to switch my insurance over
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

Straight up one of the most knowledgeable insurance guys on this forum
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 01-25-2012 at 05:44 PM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride

I should also mention that we've got a new broker in the office. His name is Darren and he's super keen. He's spent 18 years working in the car business so some of you may have already done business with him at one point or another.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Do you deal with Impact?

My Ride

I'm guessing you mean Intact but yes, we do. What are you looking to find out?

My Ride
    Depends on the day

I am not a big fan of bow valley and I had a claim a couple years ago when I slid into curb in the winter that was a freebie and they didn't tell me it wasn't really a freebie as now i can't switch from intact or my rates will go up. Do you do home etc as well?

I hate Statefarm and can't wait until they fix my roof so I can switch insurance companys. Does anybody have any experince with good insurance companys?

I personally think it's unreasonable for me to have to wait until June 2012, for an adjuster to come out and have a look... ??

Originally posted by silvercivicsir
    I hate Statefarm and can't wait until they fix my roof so I can switch insurance companys. Does anybody have any experince with good insurance companys?

I personally think it's unreasonable for me to have to wait until June 2012, for an adjuster to come out and have a look... ??
    June is a bit excessive. Keep in mind though, There were a lot of consecutive windstorms in the last 3 months. My company received probably 3500 exterior claims related to just property (not including vehicles) from the wind.

Granted instead of waiting for an adjuster to go out, we hired on a lot of roofing vendors and sent assignments out to them to get the emerg work done to prevent any seepage from any potential future snow falls / rainy days. Pricing likely won't be done until the Spring time though since occupational health and safety really aren't too keen on people climbing snowy/icey roofs. Even with the nice weather we're having, there is still morning frost and dew/moisture on the roofs all day long.

I know a lot of smaller companies are assigning hundreds of files to each of their adjusters to look at , and on a great, summer day doing a 12 hour shift one person can maybe only look at 10-15 roofs + scope it and discuss the procedure with the homeowner. Doing that while balancing other claims that are coming in, its going to be a busy year for sure.

Not giving State farm any excuses (they're actually one of our competitors ) just explaining how busy ALL insurance companies are at the moment.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by 403Gemini

I know a lot of smaller companies are assigning hundreds of files to each of their adjusters to look at , and on a great, summer day doing a 12 hour shift one person can maybe only look at 10-15 roofs + scope it and discuss the procedure with the homeowner. Doing that while balancing other claims that are coming in, its going to be a busy year for sure.
    All's I can say is I always get butterflies when I have to do damage assessment with an adjustor. You never know what mood they're in, could be a slow day and they're happy as hell, and just keeps chatting and watching you work and wanna go to lunch with you. Or they're on a busy day and are just grumpy and mean.

My Ride

Originally posted by silvercivicsir

As 403Gemini said, claims staff are WAY backed up right now but that's a bit much. For what it's worth you don't have to wait until your claim is settled to switch. All that matters is that your policy was in force the day the claim happened. Switching companies / brokers before repairs are actually done isn't a problem at all.

MB - I had no idea you guys are in midnapore. I should give you a call and bring in a coffee sometime.

My Ride

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    MB - I had no idea you guys are in midnapore. I should give you a call and bring in a coffee sometime.
    We just opened here in March of 2011, should be here for at least another 4 years. I'd love to actually meet you sometime. Let me know when you're out & about in this end.

My Ride
    4x4

Default Review - Touchstone Insurance (Masked Bandit)

Ok, bit of ass kissing time

I've mentioned a time or two how pissed off I was getting at my (now) previous agent... We had so many problems it wasn't even funny... Constantly having the stupidest issues - wrong insurance on wrong vehicle, vehicles I don't own being covered (seriously mailed pink slips for someone elses vehicle, but my name on it), nothing but problems with the simplest stuff - ie what day payments should come out. It was everything, the personal & company vehicles, the house, the business liability - everything was totally and royally f*cked.

Right at christmas, we thought we were cancelled - as once again NSF'd - incorrect date again, and 3 payments instead of 1?!?!?! (regular payment on the 15th, then for some reason 3 more on the 23rd? not jan 7th???) Broker was completely closed - until jan 10th or something ridiculous.

Contacted 2 others, and informed my wife - the third was to be Masked bandit (she didn't like that so much) - we had a quote very similar to what we were paying... A middle quote, which had some odd coverage gaps (even to my untrained eye it was obviously different) and Bills...

Bill's was the highest... Confused back n forths... Bill's home insurance was substantially higher. Rest of pricing - within dollars.

Realize - this all goes down between xmas and new years... Bill's answering - first time every time, emailed replies in minutes - the other companies, are kinda sorta not really there...

We go with Bill, cancel everything with the previous morons (nice and easy, bill provided all the paperwork, all the details, sign and email)

So previous agent, and 2 who were quoting us - were making the same mistake... Apparently our insurance - was basically for a miners shack; Maybe he can explain better, but we were being insured for 1300sqft total, instead of 2600sqft. So if the house had burned down/flooded/destroyed by a meteor, we'd be covered for half the house. Nowhere near enough to actually even replace even the basics...

Bill's been an absolute pleasure to deal with, everything's been easy, simple, straight forward... And most importantly - CORRECT.

Bill, I kept my last "good" broker for 13 years. I expect you to hang on for at least 20... I'm gonna loose my mind if I have to do this broker hunt again

TL;DR - Use masked bandit @ Touchstone Insurance, he's awesome!

I just moved another policy back to him as well, that I shouldnt have went elsewhere from the start. Might be 8 yrs or more of dealing with him(cant remember?) , always grade A service.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast