Quantcast
Children +Tattoos (Yes, You Read Correctly) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Children +Tattoos (Yes, You Read Correctly)

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Default Children +Tattoos (Yes, You Read Correctly)

10-Year Old Gets Tattoo

What do you think?

Ignoring that the tattoo is probably going to look like shit in a few years...

Does the reasoning for getting a tattoo at such a young age matter?

Do you consider it to be irresponsible of the mother?

Do you think it's considered a crime?

I don't know if it's illegal in Canada.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

The reasoning definitely matters to me. I went into it thinking "That's fucking retarded" but, when I read what it was, I totally changed my mind. I have no idea what I would do in her situation.

:/

My Ride
    F430, M3, 911

Originally posted by Mibz
    The reasoning definitely matters to me. I went into it thinking "That's fucking retarded" but, when I read what it was, I totally changed my mind. I have no idea what I would do in her situation.

werd hard decision..

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I have no idea what I would do in her situation.

I would tell him it's a fucking great idea, but wait until you've physically grown up more (ie 18+or-), so it won't look like shit when he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

IIRC, and don't quote this as truth or fact, but I think you can get a tattoo legally in Canada at 16 with signed parental consent at a tattoo shop.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    GTIR->SE-R->RDX->SLT->S60->LS460

Originally posted by spikers
    IIRC, and don't quote this as truth or fact, but I think you can get a tattoo legally in Canada at 16 with signed parental consent at a tattoo shop.
    That's what I have heard as well. I think the age limit is 16 with parental consent here for tattoos and lower (like 14) for piercings. I could be wrong though.

As for the story, I don't see any issue at all. Mother gave the consent and the child did it willingly. Nothing was forced on him.
    Stupidity is a disease we all have, it's like a form of brain herpes. Outbreaks will occasionally occur.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Redlyne_jr

werd hard decision..
    There is nothing difficult at all about the decision. It would just be "No", plain and simple.

There is no justifying a tattoo on a 10 year old imo.

I've seen enough ink on guys/girls that got it when they were 20 and it is detroyed by the fact that they weren't done growing yet. It's just dumb to let a kid get something like that. He'll regret not waiting until he was grown up to get something like that done by the time he is grown up.

Originally posted by nissanK
    As for the story, I don't see any issue at all. Mother gave the consent and the child did it willingly. Nothing was forced on him.
    I see a LOT wrong with it. It seems to me that there was a real lack of INFORMED consent which is typically what is required. The woman doesn't have any idea what she is letting him do I would argue. The only bigger fool than the mother is the hack who did the work.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 01-30-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I can personally vouch for having a tattoo I got at 18 getting fucked up by 23, but tattoos can get touched up, re-done or completely covered up. Saying "It's going to change" is a poor excuse not to get one.

My Ride

I can personally vouch for having a tattoo I got at 18 getting fucked up by 23, but tattoos can get touched up, re-done or completely covered up. Saying "It's going to change" is a poor excuse not to get one.
    Huge difference between 18 and ten in decision making (with the obvious exception of the mother), physiology, remaining growth, etc. etc.

I just personally think it's a horrible idea and while arrest is overkill, a serious reality check was likely due. To be, that's NOT the kind of decision that a properly thinking adult makes unless you are part of a culture where it is a ritualistic "requirement". That's the only time I would consider the argument personally.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 01-30-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Huge difference between 18 and ten in decision making (with the obvious exception of the mother), physiology...
    And that's why the content of the tattoo matters to me here. The kid's feelings for his dead brother aren't likely to ever change. If he wanted a Pokemon tattoo, sure, yeah, I totally agree that he and his Mom need to back the fuck up, but you'll be hard pressed to convince me that getting a memorial for your brother should be considered the same as getting Charizard.

EDIT: Please keep in mind that I'm not trying to defend this. I still have no idea whether I agree with this or not.

My Ride

And that's why the content of the tattoo matters to me here. The kid's feelings for his dead brother aren't likely to ever change. If he wanted a Pokemon tattoo, sure, yeah, I totally agree that he and his Mom need to back the fuck up, but you'll be hard pressed to convince me that getting a memorial for your brother should be considered the same as getting Charizard.
    I understand your point of view for sure but there are a lot of times in life when things seem like the right thing to do, including the motivating factors behind them, but it's still the prudent choice to not.

It's not like I think it is going to fuck up the kids life or anything but I still think it's a very irresponsible decision to have made.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

I understand your point of view for sure but there are a lot of times in life when things seem like the right thing to do, including the motivating factors behind them, but it's still the prudent choice to not.

It's not like I think it is going to fuck up the kids life or anything but I still think it's a very irresponsible decision to have made.
    Agreed.

My Ride

Agreed.
    For the observers.....

Yes, Mibz and I already got along just fine BEFORE the boner talk in the other thread. This is completely unrelated. A mere coincidence.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

JRS is still a dick but I agree with him here.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

There were good intentions here, but the decision was still wrong.

The Mom should have offered to pay for Henna tattos until he was old enought to get a real tattoo. Or had custom t-shirts, or blanket, or drinking cups etc. made until he was older.

Then again playing Devil's advocate here, it is perfectly fine to chop off you newborns foreskin, punch holes through a 1 year olds ear lobes, but an arrestable offence to ink your 10 year old kids arm.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I said ignore the fact that the tattoo would look gross in a few years!

Now let's say that you don't have a problem with the tattoo and you go to an artist to get it done. As far as you know, your consent is all that's needed to get it done.

Do you fault the artist for doing the tattoo and not telling you that it is illegal to tattoo someone under the age of 18 (and for that matter, a 10-year old)?
    Last edited by sexualbanana; 01-30-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    Do you fault the artist for doing the tattoo and not telling you that it is illegal to tattoo someone under the age of 18 (and for that matter, a 10-year old)?
    Absolutely.

I did say the only bigger idiot in this story than the mother was the one who actually did it. If they're going to arrest or charge ANYONE it should be him. If I break the laws as they pertain to my profession, it's me hanging on the end of the line and not my client.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by spikers
    i used this logic when i was 17... she ended up not being 16...

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by jonnycat
    There were good intentions here, but the decision was still wrong.

The Mom should have offered to pay for Henna tattos until he was old enought to get a real tattoo. Or had custom t-shirts, or blanket, or drinking cups etc. made until he was older.

Then again playing Devil's advocate here, it is perfectly fine to chop off you newborns foreskin, punch holes through a 1 year olds ear lobes, but an arrestable offence to ink your 10 year old kids arm.
    Actually.. I disagree with the last two. My wife wanted to get our daughters ears pierced and I flatly refused. I would have done the same for the foreskin too, unless medically required. She also suggested getting the dog's ear pierced too, but she retracted that one once she sobered up.

I love the intent of the kid, totally understand wanting to memorialize something important. But there's no way a small kid like that has the decision making skills to get a tattoo at that age. And the mom is an idiot for allowing it.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Originally posted by ercchry
    i used this logic when i was 17... she ended up not being 16...
    Did you get parental consent?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast