Quantcast
The Downtown Condo Thread - Page 30 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast

Thread: The Downtown Condo Thread

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    3EC was expensive and small as fuck, I remember looking at the website and most places were like 400-450 sq ft (I think).
    Layouts were weird too.

On another note, there are some small condos opening up around Sunnyside (near Riley Park). These guys bought the whole block haha.

http://www.ezraonrileypark.com/

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    3EC was expensive and small as fuck, I remember looking at the website and most places were like 400-450 sq ft (I think).
    What kind of people are buying these places??? 400 sq ft's barely enough for a bed and desk yet alone living space.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by woodywoodford

What kind of people are buying these places??? 400 sq ft's barely enough for a bed and desk yet alone living space.
    a 400sqft bedroom is fucking MASSIVE

I absolutely loved the layouts in 3EC. It let people that needed 2 bedrooms get in at great prices. I wanted quality over quantity and this gave me that. 2 bedrooms on the 30th floor, amazing views for around 400k. In any other building it would be 600k. In 2014 I don't need large space. I need efficient space. Me and my wife don't need random 'stuff" and junk around the house. Flatscreen on the wall, ultrabook in your lap, a bed to sleep, kitchen for cooking and money in the bank. I know Calgary still has this texas type big house big truck mentality but not everyone shares that vision of the dream lifestyle. What does "living space" even mean? Space to pace around? jog around your living room? What exactly do you do in your "living space"?

My Ride
    Exploded.

With a creative mind, 400sq is more than enough for one person.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by BigMass
    I know Calgary still has this texas type big house big truck mentality but not everyone shares that vision of the dream lifestyle. What does "living space" even mean? Space to pace around? jog around your living room? What exactly do you do in your "living space"?
    I think it's a combination of my ADHD / OCD / clostrophobia... can't explain it for anyone else.
    I like moving around from seat to seat, bedroom & living space separation via stairs.

Because having this is nice. If you can't have that the closer you can get the better.

And this sucks.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Why do that to yourself? I don't even like searching for the remote. Have fun 'morphing' your apt everyday with rollaway beds and tables every time you wanna eat or take a nap lol.

This isn't Manhattan. There's no need to live like that.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    Why do that to yourself? I don't even like searching for the remote. Have fun 'morphing' your apt everyday with rollaway beds and tables every time you wanna eat or take a nap lol.

This isn't Manhattan. There's no need to live like that.
    You definitely only need to do it when you have to.

I just wanted to show what you can do with little space if you put your mind to it.

I absolutely loved the layouts in 3EC. It let people that needed 2 bedrooms get in at great prices. I wanted quality over quantity and this gave me that. 2 bedrooms on the 30th floor, amazing views for around 400k. In any other building it would be 600k.
    2 bedrooms in 3EC starts at $460+ I remembered...and each floor moving up would cost $5000, i could be wrong with exact numbers. So at 30th floor 3EC will cost you 600k.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by oz388

2 bedrooms in 3EC starts at $460+ I remembered...and each floor moving up would cost $5000, i could be wrong with exact numbers. So at 30th floor 3EC will cost you 600k.
    not even close. I got prices, went and sat down and almost made a deal. Only reason I hesitated was how uncertain the project seemed and wanted to wait until they broke ground first. BTW it's $1500/floor and I was sitting around 405k for the 32nd floor.

not even close. I got prices, went and sat down and almost made a deal. Only reason I hesitated was how uncertain the project seemed and wanted to wait until they broke ground first. BTW it's $1500/floor and I was sitting around 405k for the 32nd floor.
    I got priced at $462000 for the first floor just above the office levels in April 2013, what a ripoff...
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Exploded.

Just got advertising for a Marda Loop development:

http://liveatalex.ca/

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Don't prices go up the closer you get to breaking ground??!
    Ultracrepidarian

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...lity-1.2624688

This issue seems to pop up in the media every couple years. Not sure if it's a real issue or slow news day. Some people just seem to be anti-condo.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Manhattan
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...lity-1.2624688

This issue seems to pop up in the media every couple years. Not sure if it's a real issue or slow news day. Some people just seem to be anti-condo.
    More like people are dumb.

"I love the view but it just gets too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter."

That's what happens when you don't have much insulated walls. Just enjoy the view.

Originally posted by flipstah

More like people are dumb.

"I love the view but it just gets too hot in the summer or too cold in the winter."

That's what happens when you don't have much insulated walls. Just enjoy the view.
    people really have zero say in condo design. I've been to so many new condo development sales centers and asked "why the fuck are you doing this, why are you using these materials, why are your layouts terrible". Answer in %100 of those situations is, "If you don't like it, tough shit, plenty of people lined up outside the door will buy it". So sometimes you just don't have a choice. Especially in this market where selection is so poor. It's not like buying a TV or Car where supply is unlimited and you can make choices. Here it's pretty much, you buy what's available and if you don't like it tough shit, have fun renting for $10,000/month

My Ride
    Exploded.

people really have zero say in condo design. I've been to so many new condo development sales centers and asked "why the fuck are you doing this, why are you using these materials, why are your layouts terrible". Answer in %100 of those situations is, "If you don't like it, tough shit, plenty of people lined up outside the door will buy it". So sometimes you just don't have a choice. Especially in this market where selection is so poor. It's not like buying a TV or Car where supply is unlimited and you can make choices. Here it's pretty much, you buy what's available and if you don't like it tough shit, have fun renting for $10,000/month
    If a condo had ownership input pre-build, it wouldn't get built.

Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast