Quantcast
The Downtown Condo Thread - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Downtown Condo Thread

My Ride
    Q5 + D675

The Guardian seems like it's mostly asian/chinese investors buying in to rent out or flip. I wasn't impressed by the finishes either.
    I really liked Keynote. The finishes are very nice but you definitely pay for the quality. They have a more conventional floorplan I was looking at. The acoustic just felt too cramped for me. Barely enough space for a dinner table. Also, with phase 2 up, the NE view from the show suite is completely obstructed and if you look west they have their office building. Feels like youre in a well. I checked out the underground parking when I was visiting the sales center in phase 1, and its niiice. Painted concrete, large parking stalls and very well lit. Felt like the new chinook mall ug parking.
    I liked Alura as well. A 6th floor 873sqft 2 bed 2 bath with all the upgrades was just under 400 when I was looking (Feb). But there were no decent views left and they had just made a price increase.
    The whole victoria park area is undergoing a lot of major projects and will be a vibrant area in the future.

Originally posted by max_boost

Congrats! Exciting times for you.
    Thanks Max! I'm pretty pumped, although I had to sacrifice the S4 for the down payment... Although its a small sacrifice in the grand scheme of things!

Originally posted by vengie

Thank you sir!

I do have a question for you! Where do you have your guests park??
    That is a very good question, what floor did you end up getting? I know I got a few newsletters mentioning that they're on track for spring posessions since they're capped off and the windows are installed (majority of them, anyway)

Originally posted by ducaudi

That is a very good question, what floor did you end up getting? I know I got a few newsletters mentioning that they're on track for spring posessions since they're capped off and the windows are installed (majority of them, anyway)
    7th floor, north view

Originally posted by vengie

Thank you sir!

I do have a question for you! Where do you have your guests park??
    12th ave infront of Sunterra, or 11th ave. (Still gotta pay on Saturdays until 6pm). During the weekdays I could see it being a pain to pay for parking. Maybe they'll put in guest parking later? So far it doesn't seem to conflict with my free social time since my guests usually come over after 6pm.

My Ride
    Accord

I'm curious, how many floors up do you have to be before traffic noise isn't noticable and views are nice? ~15?

And more importantly, how noise proofed are these new developments? I'm in an old ~70's apartment complex now and I hate it. The buildings silent (all 1 bedroom recluses I guess), but literally every time I have a buddy come in from out of town and we come back around 3-4am, we get reported for simply conversing, whether in the unit with windows closed, or on the balcony (god forbid we turn on some music or a movie/video game). I want a place where we can stay up as late as we want and even have music playing without pissing off the neighbors, but don't know if thats even possible in highrises...
    Last edited by chibwack; 10-26-2012 at 10:45 AM.

My Ride
    RSX-S

anyone take a look at alura a few blocks down? looks like only 2 bedrooms left but price tag i think was $350k taxed in for 8th floor, fees are $385/month. sounds pretty reasonable in my opinion. however in comparison to keynotes the quality and build looks much cheaper. Any thoughts on alura??

BTW, is phase 2 keynotes still for sale?? or they all gone now?

There is a new complex that is slated for development in Inglewood within the next couple months. Corner of 9th ave and 13st se on the North side of the street. I had to go have a peek at the drawings for it the other day and it looks pretty decent.

45 residential units, 7 retail bays on the bottom and a restaurant space beside the retail.

Just something to keep in mind.

Originally posted by KISS_ME
    anyone take a look at alura a few blocks down? looks like only 2 bedrooms left but price tag i think was $350k taxed in for 8th floor, fees are $385/month. sounds pretty reasonable in my opinion. however in comparison to keynotes the quality and build looks much cheaper. Any thoughts on alura??

BTW, is phase 2 keynotes still for sale?? or they all gone now?
    Last newsletter I got said they're at 60% sold, I did happen to check out the Alura tower, didn't really like it. Although the price...that is pretty good for a 2 bedroom taxes in.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by dannie
    There is a new complex that is slated for development in Inglewood within the next couple months. Corner of 9th ave and 13st se on the North side of the street. I had to go have a peek at the drawings for it the other day and it looks pretty decent.

45 residential units, 7 retail bays on the bottom and a restaurant space beside the retail.

Just something to keep in mind.
    45 units? So similar setup as The Block?

^ Not really. No townhouses, just apartment style condos on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor, retail on main, each unit has a balcony and then there is a common rooftop terrace on the top of the 4th floor. Parking is underground

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

so right here?

http://goo.gl/maps/pjPEf

kinda sounds like the places on 1st ave in bridgeland

Yup... they are demolishing the white building, red building and the strip to the right of that. Its kinda like the one in bridgeland. Very similar.

My Ride
    Exploded.

^ Not really. No townhouses, just apartment style condos on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor, retail on main, each unit has a balcony and then there is a common rooftop terrace on the top of the 4th floor. Parking is underground
    Oh cool, thanks for the info

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

sweeeet, i hope more projects and rejuvenation come to the area and less stalled garbage projects (cough, riverside quays, cough). wouldnt mind living close to the next bridgeland/17th ave

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ercchry
    sweeeet, i hope more projects and rejuvenation come to the area and less stalled garbage projects (cough, riverside quays, cough). wouldnt mind living close to the next bridgeland/17th ave
    Do it. Buy a place there 2 years from now and sell me what you have!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

i mean i am ALREADY close to it

never going back to multi-res! never!

Another +1 for Inglewood. Best move ever.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ercchry
    i mean i am ALREADY close to it

never going back to multi-res! never!

Another +1 for Inglewood. Best move ever.
    I'm so jelly. 2 more years! Then I'll be ready to commit!

My Ride
    a red bullet shaped rocket

Originally posted by KISS_ME
    They have nice layouts and decent finishes but definitely not as nice as Keynote or Calla.

I'm still considering the podium 2 bedroom 2 bath, unless they sold it recently: 1020sqft. with kitchen upgrades and tax in for 377k.

Not liking the second floor but do like that big open space layout and location.
    Last edited by Mr_John; 10-26-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 9 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast