Quantcast
Lone Star or Hyatt??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star or Hyatt???

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Default Lone Star or Hyatt???

Just curious if anyone has any scoop on either of these dealers. Who owns them? I know the Lone Star dealership is owned by the same guy as the Land Rover one, and both BMW dealers in Calgary are owned by the same guy. Hyatt (inifinti) deals with alot of auction cars they buy out east and sell here for more. But for just MB service, who do you prefer?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

I've heard good and bad about Lonestar. Some people say they're great others get treated like post consumer waste.

Havent heard anything about Hyatt
    Travel

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

The people who work in the service department of lonestar are crooks, it's the worst service department Ive ever dealt with
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

i hate lonestar,,,i take my benz to hyatt, they are super nice there....lonestar you pretty much have to be over 50 to get any attention

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Well I'm in my 20's and LoneStar has been real good so far, they usually give me an ML or C-Class as a loaner. I deal with Michelle there, and if anything happens which I don't like I'll try out Hyatt.

Redlyne please explain further by what you mean, what have you encountered or heard?

they even have given me:

MB Mug (x2)
    MB Blanket
    MB Toque
    and an MB watch

what gifts have you gotten?

we need a Calgary MB meet, is the Calgary MB club any good? or just a bunch of old wankers??

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

hyatt will give you smokin deals on aftermarket parts...i called lonestar and they said they dont give deal..i said fuk you then why wold anyone shop there?

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

haha funny thing is I see you saying that

I deal strictly with Hyatt because my family has bought all their cars from them. They know my car, take great care of it and Gary and David in service are awesome guys to deal with. I get discounts on all OEM and AMG parts through them. I don't get gifts or loaner vehicles because my car is 13 yrs old, but I know one of the techs personally and he is as straight a shooter as they come. Doug in parts @ Lonestar is the only guy I have ever dealt with there and that is only because he used to be at Hyatt. Lonestar is way more "look down their nose at you" then Hyatt...

No contest for me...good luck 20inch....

As far as MB clubs go, we don't have one per se but I'd join for sure. Our numbers are growing and for the most part we are a good group of easygoing people...we should all meet up in the spring...most of MY mods will be complete by then
    Last edited by ZorroAMG; 01-30-2004 at 04:17 PM.

My Ride

Lonestar is great if you don't mind spending a fortune on service and youre naive to the mechanics of a car. They charged my gf to change the dash bulbs on her SLK. Her and I didnt even notice the charges until we got the car home and were looking at the bill. I called that useless twit Michelle and told her that she charged us for the R and R for burnt out dash bulbs. She claimed that because the vehicle had over 40K kms on it warranty no longer covered the replacement and the cost of the bulbs. I argued with her that dash bulbs shouldnt burn out before 100K Km or even 200K km and that it is definitely something that warranty covers. She then gave me a ton of attitude and then the excuse "well this is a benz" . I then asked to speak to the service manager who being the dumbass that he is gave me the same response. I then called the general manager at the dealer but was only able to leave a message for him. Because I work for DaimlerChrysler Corporate I have many friends and colleauges who work for MB canada in TO I called an aquaintance of mine there and explained to him the situation. He called Lonestar and set things straight with that horrid lady Michelle. The following day the GM and Michelle both called me back at work apologizing for the incident and gave my gf a credit on her account.
    The second incident occured when my gf went in to get her car serviced. They told her that she needed new brakes which was true and quoted her 299 for what I assumed were pads, sensors and the labor for all 4 brakes. It sounded like a great deal but was of course too good to be true. My gf called in to make an appointment for the brake job and got aan entirely different quote this time, it would now cost $380 for the front only! We brought the car in for some more warranty work and spoke with Michelle in person who said she needed to give us another quote to book an appointement, this was now the 3rd quote! She came at us with a quote of $560 for only the front brakes. I asked why so much she stated that the rotors had to be replaced which were the most expensive parts for the job. ROTORS..who the hell changes their rotors at 48K kms??? At the very most they might need to be machined...her excuse.."well its a mercedes". I immediately got on the phone with a local euro mechanic in town who is also a member on Beyond and obtained a quote much much much lower than the one I was given at Lonestar. The mechanic that did the brake job stated that the rotors were still good and didnt even need to be machined....Lonestar can go to hell imagine all the poor people that dealer has and is ripping off
    Last edited by Redlyne_mr2; 01-31-2004 at 12:43 AM.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles

Red Deer, AB

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Holy shit!!!
    Thanks for posting that, I never knew

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    Lonestar is great if you don't mind spending a fortune on service and youre naive to the mechanics of a car. They charged my gf to change the dash bulbs on her SLK. Her and I didnt even notice the charges until we got the car home and were looking at the bill. I called that useless twit Michelle and told her that she charged us for the R and R for burnt out dash bulbs. She claimed that because the vehicle had over 40K kms on it warranty no longer covered the replacement and the cost of the bulbs. I argued with her that dash bulbs shouldnt burn out before 100K Km or even 200K km and that it is definitely something that warranty covers. She then gave me a ton of attitude and then the excuse "well this is a benz" . I then asked to speak to the service manager who being the dumbass that he is gave me the same response. I then called the general manager at the dealer but was only able to leave a message for him. Because I work for DaimlerChrysler Corporate I have many friends and colleauges who work for MB canada in TO I called an aquaintance of mine there and explained to him the situation. He called Lonestar and set things straight with that horrid lady Michelle. The following day the GM and Michelle both called me back at work apologizing for the incident and gave my gf a credit on her account.
    The second incident occured when my gf went in to get her car serviced. They told her that she needed new brakes which was true and quoted her 299 for what I assumed were pads, sensors and the labor for all 4 brakes. It sounded like a great deal but was of course too good to be true. My gf called in to make an appointment for the brake job and got aan entirely different quote this time, it would now cost $380 for the front only! We brought the car in for some more warranty work and spoke with Michelle in person who said she needed to give us another quote to book an appointement, this was now the 3rd quote! She came at us with a quote of $560 for only the front brakes. I asked why so much she stated that the rotors had to be replaced which were the most expensive parts for the job. ROTORS..who the hell changes their rotors at 48K kms??? At the very most they might need to be machined...her excuse.."well its a mercedes". I immediately got on the phone with a local euro mechanic in town who is also a member on Beyond and obtained a quote much much much lower than the one I was given at Lonestart. The mechanic that did the brake job stated that the rotors where still good and didnt even need to be machined....Lonestar can go to hell imagine all the poor people that dealer has and is ripping off
    cheers I'll have to keep that in mind, since my car is still under 20K and on the wear and tear warranty still I haven't had to pinch a cent to their pockets yet, but I know right before the 2 year 40K warranty expires I will get my pads and rotors replaced for free, their standard. If Michelle ever gave me any attitude, our relationship will be over. Actually last time I was there we were talking and she's single and intrested, thats the side I like to be on.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    As far as MB clubs go, we don't have one per se but I'd join for sure. Our numbers are growing and for the most part we are a good group of easygoing people...we should all meet up in the spring...most of MY mods will be complete by then
    it's gotta be done, lets start up the club, I just need a partner or two

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

what kinda benz you have man c230?..lets see some pics

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Redlyne, speaking from experience, 48K for rotors is GOOD on an MB, my dad's S-class, CLK 430, ML 320, my 300E (1989, and 1990) all have to replace rotors before that. Also MB doesn't machine rotors anymore (AFAIK). So, while michelle seems like an idiot and it does seem expensive and pre-mature wear, they aren't way off.

Let's get the club pu together in the spring fellow mb drivers!!..

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by SIRCANADA
    what kinda benz you have man c230?..lets see some pics
    Firstly I'd like to say hi and introduce myself, if you have any BENZ questions I spend hundreds of hours on MB forums so feel free to ask. But it's great that we have this Calgary based site, so much information I get dosen't even apply to me since I'm out of the 50 strong.

This is what she looks like in the WINTER

ZORRO- how do you get the PIC on the bottom of every post?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

hels yah, we probably need to start soon, but it won't be too much work if we have a few of us, and the rewards will be amazing

One of my friends started a BENZ club in San Francisco, it's got 250 members, and the benefits he gets are out of this world sometimes

I will never take my car to LONE STAR again. I had a fight with them just 2 weeks a go. The Fu$E*r's charged me for WARANTY work that needed to be fixed. They where the ones in the first place who screwed up the sensors in my car. I am going to try Hyatt.

Ohh they wouldn't give my money back for the warranty work so i wrote MB Canada. Their SERVICE dept. Sucks.. They screwed up my car more than they fixed it.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by ICEBERG
    I will never take my car to LONE STAR again. I had a fight with them just 2 weeks a go. The Fu$E*r's charged me for WARANTY work that needed to be fixed. They where the ones in the first place who screwed up the sensors in my car. I am going to try Hyatt.

Ohh they wouldn't give my money back for the warranty work so i wrote MB Canada. Their SERVICE dept. Sucks.. They screwed up my car more than they fixed it.
    I think i saw your posts about this on MBWORLD and was curious who charged you, LONESTAR keeps going downhill I SEE. Let me know what you think of HYATT

My Ride
    GTI

I get such good service at Lonestar it's incredible!!! They do rape you for parts pricing, but the sales people are great to me, they were even good to me when I was only 17 and went there alone, I love the sales people there.

I even got a loaner c-class for free when I had to service my benz last year

Service at the parts counter seems to be a different story ... if Michelle is the Blonde lady than I don't like her very much.

Lonestar sales people
    The rest

When I need my brakes replaced I'm going to Tunerworks.

My Ride

Redlyne, speaking from experience, 48K for rotors is GOOD on an MB, my dad's S-class, CLK 430, ML 320, my 300E (1989, and 1990) all have to replace rotors before that. Also MB doesn't machine rotors anymore (AFAIK). So, while michelle seems like an idiot and it does seem expensive and pre-mature wear, they aren't way off.

Why can't Benz rotors be machined?

Red Deer, AB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast