Quantcast
Best beaches in Europe? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best beaches in Europe?

My Ride
    93 integra

Default Best beaches in Europe?

Me and my best friend wanted to go on a trip this summer, she wanted carribean and I wanted europe (more specifically Iceland).

Now as a compromise we're going to fly to Amsterdam and stay for 2 days and then fly to a coastal region so we can also enjoy beaches.

But seeing as I've never visited Europe for beaches I have no idea where to even start.

We were thinking maybe Ibiza?

Sardinia, IMO, had some of the nicest beaches & clearest water I've ever seen. Lots of big beaches with tons more sand than these, too, I just cant find the pics right now. Flights from Frankfurt were like $35 Euros on Ryanair.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Zakynthos has awesome beaches. I've heard Portugal has a lot but I've never been. Ibiza is sick and the reason you go there is for the clubs; the beaches aren't bad.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Sardinia, IMO, had some of the nicest beaches & clearest water I've ever seen. Lots of big beaches with tons more sand than these, too, I just cant find the pics right now. Flights from Frankfurt were like $35 Euros on Ryanair.

Plus the food there is Unreal I hear!
    you aint dubbin. if you aint rubbin.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Mitsu3000 how much are hotels?

Algerve in portugal as some nice ones, the ones by Lisbon are not that nice though...

Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Algarve is epic. Lagos is such a party town.

Spain has great beaches. Busy, and hot, but so many hot topless chicks

My Ride
    G6

I've heard Lagos is amazing. Also, have a look at Bulgaria. My folks have seen a fair bit of European beaches and they said Bulgaria was the nicest. Plus it's dirt cheap! I'm planning to hit both "Sunny Beach" and "Golden Sands" (I know, real original names) this year.

this beaches is like where the mermaid swimming at night

My Ride
    X5

I've heard Croatia has amazing beaches, anyone ever been?

Originally posted by Kobe
    Mitsu3000 how much are hotels?
    I have no idea actually, but if you're very serious about going I could probably find out for you.

My brother has a business partner who owns a couple vacation rental properties there, and we stayed there for free. It was a fairly large 2 bedroom condo with A/C and all amenities - I know it's quite cheap if you go around September, which is after their peak season.

I know it's not super expensive, but I'm sorry I don't know any exact figures.

And as someone mentioned before, the food is amazing. Every day I bought fresh mozzarella, prosciutto, tomatoes, and oregano at the market for dirt cheap and just ate it all in a bowl haha. The restaurants were excellent too. Also, I gained some weight while I was there haha.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Marsh
    I've heard Croatia has amazing beaches, anyone ever been?
    Yes. The coastlines are incredible and the beaches are great, the only clause being that you should wear booties when going into the water (you can tell who's local and who isn't) because the surface is not smooth. The beaches are commonly pebble beaches and take some getting used to.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    93 integra

oh and just to mention both my friend and myself are both into women haha. So wherever there's the most women will be completely acceptable lol.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Croatia had a lot of hot broads. And the topless Sweds were everywhere
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    02 Blown X

+ 1 for Croatia. Except the beaches there are more rocky than sandy. Nice clear water though.

My Ride
    G6

Not sure why people are saying +1 for Croatia when their beaches are rocky. That does not qualify it in the "best beaches" category. I'd say the opposite actually; I like a nice sandy beach myself. Comfort is key.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by msommers
    Croatia had a lot of hot broads. And the topless Sweds were everywhere
    Originally posted by davidI
    Algarve is epic. Lagos is such a party town.

Spain has great beaches. Busy, and hot, but so many hot topless chicks
    God you guys are fucking killing me here.

arrggh...
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    02 Blown X

Originally posted by Feruk
    Not sure why people are saying +1 for Croatia when their beaches are rocky. That does not qualify it in the "best beaches" category. I'd say the opposite actually; I like a nice sandy beach myself. Comfort is key.
    Yeah I should qualify that, maybe not the best beaches in Europe, but I would still recommend going to Croatia. There are other aspects (clear warm water, girls, history....) that make up for the rocky beaches. They are not iron shore type rocky, but small little pebbles.

They are fine to hang around on and go swimming, just don't expect baby-powder type sand like you would elsewhere.

Last time I was there I was snorkeling around the island of brac, when I found a bunch of money stuck to some sea urchins. I got a stick, kept diving down and collecting the cash. Dried it out on the beach, it paid for my food for the next week.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Default Re: Best beaches in Europe?

Originally posted by ekguy
    Me and my best friend wanted to go on a trip this summer, she
    Just don't end up being one of those awkward traveling friend couples where one of the other dudes is trying to pound your best friend, but she can tell you're secretly in love with her, and you get all pissed off when she takes off with a guy which leads to his cock-blocking and tears all around.

Don't do it

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Re: Re: Best beaches in Europe?

Originally posted by bspot

Just don't end up being one of those awkward traveling friend couples where one of the other dudes is trying to pound your best friend, but she can tell you're secretly in love with her, and you get all pissed off when she takes off with a guy which leads to his cock-blocking and tears all around.

Don't do it
    Lol. that's why Men can never have girls as "friends" because we always want to fuck them.

True story, just think about it.

"Ah no man, she's super cool and fun to be around". Yeah personality does make a person more attractive, and shes a female, you'll want to bone her.

Lol at female friends.

Carry on
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast