Quantcast
Long distance relationships? possible or no? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Long distance relationships? possible or no?

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

My GF and I have been together for 7 years. During this 7 year stretch, we've been in different cities for almost 3 years.

After we had been together 2.5 years, I went to University in Kelowna, and she remained in Red Deer to finish her schooling. This lasted for 16 months (2 sets of 8 months a pop). We spent summers together.

Immediately following my university graduation, I had a job offer in Calgary and she was unable to land a position in Calgary. We saw each other every weekend, alternating who drove to see who. We did this for a year.

Now, we've been living together again for a year and things are going well.

The only issue that's stemmed from living apart for so long is pushing back marriage. We've both wanted to "get to know each other" again.

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    93 integra

k to be honest situation is that I am being kind of a dick and trying to move in on this chick.

First of all she has a brand new car which makes it not even an issue to head to edmonton.

Second, instead of going to see her bf she has me come over and spend the night. Didn't hook up but her bf would definitely flip if he knew what happened.

Third...She never, ever makes the effort to go see him, nor does he.

Fourth, she says she's thought about us being together...but still she clings to her relationship with him because he's a safe bet and I'm more of a free spirit (i.e. just have a general idea of what I want to do in life)

Anyways I just see it for what it is and their relationship is definitely doomed, but I really want this chick and I know it's going to happen, just hope it'll happen soon.

And no oh don't be the other man bs, we've all been there done that.

Last edited by Cos; 12-31-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Depends on the day

So you do all the BS and he gets to knock her around like a screen door in a hurricane? He might actually be cool with that.

My Ride
    93 integra

Lol i aint doin shit other than biding my time and laying some ground work. Not like im being celibate either lol im single and enjoying it bbut this girl is one i actually enjoy. Looks like its going my way to anyways

My Ride
    93 integra

Dont understand why people bother trying long distance lol always someone gonna try and swoop in there

My Ride
    NC1

Post pics.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    93 integra

With the like 2.7% success rate lol

Some people make it work but for 99% of people it doesn't. Sooner or later one person will seek out companionship, to fulfill whatever needs they need fulfilling. It just doesn't work. I've seen LITERALLY EVERY long distance relationship fail among people I know, and I wouldn't even consider being in one myself.

My Ride
    93 integra

That's exactly what's going on with this girl. She's the one that put it out there as well. So all I'm doing is letting her make up her mind.

Not that im not nudging here and there lol.

But whatever. We haven't really crossed that many lines yet. Nothing I would consider out right cheating...

My Ride
    Silverado

just had one fail myself. 4 year relationship, a year apart and we went our seperate ways. life's too short.

My Ride
    FZ6, Ford Raptor, Audi A3 Sport Comp.

Depends on what kind of long distance it is. If one person lives in a different city and the other does not then I can't see it working out. In my case I work out of town a lot and have been for a couple of years without an issue. I have never felt jealous or suspicious. If a relationship is healthy and both people are secure in themselves. Most jealousy comes from people who are insecure, either causing them to look for someone else (and suspecting their partner of doing so as well) or actually having their partner start looking elsewhere for a more stable person.

I dunno, in the OP's case I suspect nothing serious is gonna come out of the long distance relationship or his attempts at moving in. Seems kinda highschool to me.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

After years of traveling and sleeping with numerous girls who I later found out were in a relationship, I'd say no. Women need the sexxin' too.

Everyone thinks their case will be different but you can say the same thing about marriage, and the divorce rate shows that doesn't necessarily work.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Interesting thread; there are a few chicks on here that I didn't even know about. Good to see Beyond isn't such a rampant sausage party like I thought.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    NC1

People are lonely. We crave connection. For the 1% that make it work, 99% have no chance. Timing and proximity man. That's why almost everyone I know breaks up if one is moving away. Out of sight, out of mind!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2015 Ford Focus SE

There are so many negative people in this thread... What it comes down to are the people in the relationship and if they want it to work. Being apart sucks, but am I going to cheat or find someone else because I get lonely? Hell no. That's what Skype and phone calls are for...I miss him, I call him. It's obviously not as good as seeing him, but right now it's all we got. Like I said before, if someone is going to cheat using distance or loneliness as an excuse, I'm willing to bet the relationship was doomed anyway.
    Originally posted by rage2 in 2002
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by baygirl
    There are so many negative people in this thread... What it comes down to are the people in the relationship and if they want it to work. Being apart sucks, but am I going to cheat or find someone else because I get lonely? Hell no. That's what Skype and phone calls are for...I miss him, I call him. It's obviously not as good as seeing him, but right now it's all we got. Like I said before, if someone is going to cheat using distance or loneliness as an excuse, I'm willing to bet the relationship was doomed anyway.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    People are lonely. We crave connection. For the 1% that make it work, 99% have no chance. Timing and proximity man. That's why almost everyone I know breaks up if one is moving away. Out of sight, out of mind!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

See you Wednesday!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Not really negative, more so realistic haha.. thats cool if it works for you, but like max said, you're prob the 1%..

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

One more point... if you're in a LDR and you have no game, the relationship has a higher chance of success.

I think it's the people who know they're banging that are destined for failure.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast