Quantcast
Issue with Guys Hill Landscaping - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Issue with Guys Hill Landscaping

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Default Issue with landscaper

So guys, here is a "what would you do situation".

This spring I was approached by a landscaping company called "Guys Hill Landscaping", who wanted to use the side of my property to bring a cat down to do work 2 doors up. (The ideal route one door up has cantilevered fireplaces and is much more narrow).

I said "ok", as long as they made it look good when they were done. I had grass which I planted from seed - though it was hardly a showpiece. They started soon after.

I dealt with a lot with this company working. My driveway was always blocked off when I came home, the noise, the dust, the fact I always step in mud when getting in my truck after a rain, their cat broke the wheel on my garbage can (which they didn't admit to) I could go on and on.

They completed the project about a month ago.

Then I see that my gutter is all smashed up on the corner they were working by. Clearly their fault - though a neighbor tells me the owner of the company believes otherwise. This damage was clearly done by a vehicle. Only a cat fits with my truck parked there 99% of the time.

Over the last 2 weeks I have left 4 messages on this guy's voicemail, and no return call. I sent him an email marked urgent, and he has not responded. Over a week ago he did respond to the owner who got the work done, and told him he was going to fix the damage in front of my place when it dries up enough to bring the cat in again. (He also left a mountain of dirt/debris in my next door neighbor's backyard - which is why they really need the cat.)

His company is a member of the BBB in excellent rating - so there is one avenue I might hit. I know I could sue, but it seems impossible this cannot be worked out without the courts' help.

Thoughts? I'm getting really pissed off and looking for any other ways I can try to get this guys attention.

Edit: I decided to reveal the company name. The fact is that even if he contacts me, the horrible experience still happened and as another poster said - the public deserves to know. They also deserve to see how he handles it.

So if anyone finds this thread online to see reviews on Guys Hill here in Calgary - here is the one you really need to pay attention to. If I find somewhere else to write a review that I feel will get more traffic, I probably will... especially as he continues to ignore me.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 07-30-2011 at 11:33 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Issue with landscaper

Originally posted by Kloubek
    So guys, here is a what "would you do situation".

This spring I was approached by a landscaping company, who wanted to use the side of my property to bring a cat down to do work 2 doors up. (The ideal route one door up has cantilevered fireplaces and is much more narrow).

I said "ok", as long as they made it look good when they were done. I had grass which I planted from seed - though it was hardly a showpiece. They started soon after.

I dealt with a lot with this company working. My driveway was always blocked off when I came home, the noise, the dust, the fact I always step in mud when getting in my truck after a rain, I could go on and on.

They completed the project about a month ago.

Then I see that my gutter is all smashed up on the corner they were working by. Clearly their fault - though a neighbor tells me the owner of the company believes otherwise.

Over the last 2 weeks I have left 4 messages on this guy's voicemail, and no return call. I sent him an email marked urgent, and he has not responded. Over a week ago he did respond to the owner who got the work done, and told him he was going to fix the damage in front of my place when it dries up enough to bring the cat in again. (He also left a mountain of dirt/debris in my next door neighbor's backyard - which is why they really need the cat.)

His company is a member of the BBB in excellent rating - so there is one avenue I might hit. Beyond could be helpful. I know I could sue, but it seems impossible this cannot be worked out without the courts' help.

Thoughts? I'm getting really pissed off and looking for any other ways I can try to get this guys attention...
    Inform him that you have been more than reasonable, but now you are obligated to seek alternative means of resolution and will be consulting with counsel shortly.

If he's smart he will call you.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Already suggested in my email I would be forced to use "alternate means". I thought that was enough for him to read between the lines with...

Let us know what company did this. You should inform the general public of companies that treat others so poorly after the fact that you allowed him to do so much work on your lawn!

His company is a member of the BBB in excellent rating - so there is one avenue I might hit.
    BBB is bullshit, it doesn't always mean anything. Companies pay BBB for a good rating. Its like Universities accepting "donations" from parents when there child is attending. Here's a link that gets a little more into it.

http://www.canlaw.com/caveat/bbb.htm

The guy lives in Kincora (Kincora Point). Pay him a visit to talk to him face to face since he is not returning your messages.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

By gutter do you mean your downspout? Did they run over it? If that's what they did then that's pretty pathetic that they wont replace some peices that cost a few dollars each and are held in with just a few screws.

Or do you mean your window wells? Because if they're not braced with atleast 2x4's then they'll buckle like nothing. I've seen it happen a few times and they're definitely at fault.

I remember when they were working in front of your house and there were piles of dirt/dump trucks/trailers/cats/etc. everywhere, your whole block was a shit show.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    oooo

Pay a laywer to draft a letter. I guarantee you he will get in touch with you and fix everything.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

make sure you pay your lawyer though, unlike sean scammerjee
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Originally posted by sillysod
    Pay a laywer to draft a letter. I guarantee you he will get in touch with you and fix everything.
    This^^^^^

I have successfully used university "lawyers" in the past to settle a situation like this with one simple letter asking for action, U of C has an option:

http://www.sla.ucalgary.ca/

Outing the company here is good. Most everyone Googles pre doing anything these days, you can kill at least a nice portion of his potential customers. Beyond does well in Google ratings, and we can discuss the shit out of it and get a nice top of the fold search area.

Just keep naming the company in the discussion.

Make a complaint here, it will go on public record I believe:

http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-...lgary-ab-68936
    Last edited by kamakurakid; 07-30-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

Is this the guy you are contacting?:

Craig Gordon
    General Manager

P: 403 217 9112
    C: 403 616 5110
    Email: [email protected]

http://www.guyshilllandscaping.com/#!contact
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

George Carlin

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

I sent him an email marked urgent
    Oh man, that's when you know shit has gotten real.

Take a drive to his house, remove the gutter and replace it with the broken one from your house. While you are at it also replace the wheel from his garbage can and maybe have sex with his wife.
    Last edited by Mixalot27; 07-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Before you got into this mess, you should have talked to the owners of the house and advise them to hold back on payment until your area has been cleaned up. It might be a little to late for that now.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Yeah, they've already paid him so he obviously doesn't give a crap anymore.

Yes kamakurakid - he is the owner of Guys Hill Landscaping, and is the one I've been trying to get in touch with.

dduke: Indeed it looked like crap. And I had to put up with everything for months already. By gutter I mean the actual evestrough, which runs into the downspout. The whole corner where it attaches to the house is crushed, along with the metal that covers the corner of the garage up top. (Which means I have exposed 2X4's right now.)

Originally posted by kamakurakid

This^^^^^

I have successfully used university "lawyers" in the past to settle a situation like this with one simple letter asking for action, U of C has an option:

http://www.sla.ucalgary.ca/

Outing the company here is good. Most everyone Googles pre doing anything these days, you can kill at least a nice portion of his potential customers. Beyond does well in Google ratings, and we can discuss the shit out of it and get a nice top of the fold search area.

Just keep naming the company in the discussion.

Make a complaint here, it will go on public record I believe:

http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-...lgary-ab-68936

That's bad that Guys Hill Landscaping has done this to you. Guys Hill Landscaping should atleast answer your e-mails. I don't think I'd use Guys Hill Landscaping for any work, neither should my friends use Guys Hill Landscaping. Guys Hill Landscaping has some jobs posted on the internet. Guys Hill Landscaping should maybe hire better people. maybe if someone was to e-mail Guys Hill Landscaping at let them know about Beyond.ca then maybe Guys Hill Landscaping could post a reply... Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping .
    Two hands working can do more than a million clasped in prayer...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Even if it isn't expensive, I shouldn't *have* to threaten legal action with a lawyer... let alone go through with it. But I'll do what I have to; all I really expect immediately is a phone call. I guess that is too much to ask.

Front yard is like this up to the road - muddy tracks.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Title changed for better SERP ranking.

That's a pretty shitty situation!

Did you have any paper work or was it an oral agreement?

Any pictures of before they did any work?

They probably took advantage of you because you were being nice to your neighbor so he could have his work done .

I would have told them they could only use the area if they use mats or plywood seeing it probably one of the wettest years we had in a long time.

I'd try the Global/CTV Troubleshooter shooter and put in a report with the BBB since they are the second hit on Google (for now )

Beyond.ca

Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping Guys Hill Landscaping
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

After seeing those pictures, i'd skip being nice. It's obvious he is avoiding you and when/if he does contact you, he'll make some BS about how his email was down.

What a pity that you have to waste your own time/resources to make things right. Bad situation, but go get your house fixed with his money!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast