Quantcast
Oil field forums - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Oil field forums

Default Oil field forums

Does anyone know if there are any frequented oil field forums on the net? My searching hasn't come up with much.

There used to be a great one at oilcareers.com I think it was, but after numerous warnings from the admins to stop posting bad things about various companies (I'm sure because they are the ones paying for job postings/ads etc, and they have a few details of employment life they'd rather keep quiet) it got shut down a few years ago.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

There's this one:

http://drillingclub.proboards.com/

But it's mostly international and offshore guys, and those kinds of people are always the worst to deal with. I don't know of any that are more focused on Canada.

Edit: I see you're in Halifax, so you're probably offshore too. Well, I stand by it. Lots of offshore people have a way of talking down to people who work on land rigs, but when it comes time to help, all of a sudden you find out they don't actually know anything. I don't know if that's you or not.
    Last edited by SKR; 02-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Default Re: Oil field forums

Originally posted by seadog
    Does anyone know if there are any frequented oil field forums on the net? My searching hasn't come up with much.

There used to be a great one at oilcareers.com I think it was, but after numerous warnings from the admins to stop posting bad things about various companies (I'm sure because they are the ones paying for job postings/ads etc, and they have a few details of employment life they'd rather keep quiet) it got shut down a few years ago.
    Here is a fairly new one that was just put out by the guy that started www.reality-check.org which is a Halifax based website.
    http://www.alloilandgas.com/forums/
    He basically took the oil and gas thread on RC and made a new forum off of it. It is still fairly new and is frequented by current and former Easterners as well as some guys from the West .

how hard is it to get a offshore job if iv been working motors a year and have underbalanced experince?