Quantcast
Soundsaround is shutting all its locations down for good. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Soundsaround is shutting all its locations down for good.

I rember when I was in high school we would go and talk to firoz. It was awsome, even though he know we wernt going to buy shit he would talk to us and still try to sell. Then he would show us his accord with spinners. And he would always rember all of our names. good times.

I work right by the macleod location, I drive by it many times a day on test drives. There is never any cars in the parking lot. One morning driving to work the swat team was assembling in parking lot. That was the fullest I have ever seen it.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by triplep
    so quick question.... what happens to all those extended warranties that people bought? I suppose they will be screwed now?
    Uhh buddy did you not read the thread? Those extended warranties were worthless the minute you handed over your credit card...

On another note, I'll kind of miss them. Back in the day, they were miles ahead of Visions. Not only that, but they actually offered high end products as well. Pricing was almost impossible to beat. But I will admit they've gone downhill fast...

I think Soundsaround died right at around the same time they stopped doing the Big4 sale.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

Don't forget their Automatic Ad beat! lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    MB E420, Honda Civic DX-G

So many people know Firoz.

10-years ago I bought a kenwood mp3 deck from him for my stang...never worked a day...saved up 600 bucks when I was 17 to buy that shit.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

i remember back in the day going to buy power supply wire in bulk for a friend's car install and Firoz was trying to sell me all sorts of nonsense extras when i clearly came for wire lol. then he would jump onto the next guy like you didnt even exist.

Originally posted by BensonTT
    I still can't believe A&B sounds went belly up yrs ago.. I really liked them
    +1 fond memories as a kid of the one on 1st and center. that building was baller. so many books and cds, sound systems.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Speaking of visions, their "extended" warranty is pretty cool. If you remember the receipt/to cash it in, they will refund you the purchase cost of the warranty at the end of the period if you never use it.

Of course, you are basically paying them free money as the item typically already HAS warranty on it, so yea...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
    Speaking of visions, their "extended" warranty is pretty cool. If you remember the receipt/to cash it in, they will refund you the purchase cost of the warranty at the end of the period if you never use it.

Of course, you are basically paying them free money as the item typically already HAS warranty on it, so yea...
    Store credit. Not cash back. And you have to claim within 30 days of warranty expiry and use it within 90 days, I think.

I got one with my old Sony Vegas and by the time I dug the receipt back out, it's expired.

Originally posted by clem24
    I think Soundsaround died right at around the same time they stopped doing the Big4 sale.
    love the shit they sell @ Big 4 when I was in HS. Awesome sales and force everyone else in town to match or beat them.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-21-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    And you have to claim within 30 days of warranty expiry and use it within 90 days, I think.
    You have to claim and use it within one year of expiry.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by Mibz
    You have to claim and use it within one year of expiry.
    Good to know. I was under the impression that there was something in there about them reminding you. Better set a calendar reminder to keep me in the know, been a few years since i bought my LED samsung with 5 year warranty, I figured might as well as I can just buy something else if I never end up using it. Is there any limits on what you can buy with the store credit, like "must be over some price point? or can I apply my $500 credit to a $500 item?

My Ride
    TDI

Last time I bought the warranty at visions and it expired they sent me their in store coupon for like $40 and the small print said you have to spend at least $400 to use it.

Does it still work like that?

Edit: found it

**If your purchase was made prior to January 1st, 2010 the minimum purchase requirement is:
    If your credit is less than $49.99, it holds a minimum purchase requirement of $200.
    If your credit is greater than or equal to $49.99, it hold a minimum purchase requirement of $400.
    If your purchase was made on/after January 1st, 2010 the credit amount cannot exceed 50% of total purchase invoice amount before tax.

Originally posted by eblend
    Good to know. I was under the impression that there was something in there about them reminding you. Better set a calendar reminder to keep me in the know, been a few years since i bought my LED samsung with 5 year warranty
    They used to send you a letter, but people would either give bad addresses or change addresses so the letter got lost and then they'd bitch when they weren't reminded.

I know they changed the notification system since then but don't know the details.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by megavolt
    Last time I bought the warranty at visions and it expired they sent me their in store coupon for like $40 and the small print said you have to spend at least $400 to use it.

Does it still work like that?

Edit: found it

**If your purchase was made prior to January 1st, 2010 the minimum purchase requirement is:
    If your credit is less than $49.99, it holds a minimum purchase requirement of $200.
    If your credit is greater than or equal to $49.99, it hold a minimum purchase requirement of $400.
    If your purchase was made on/after January 1st, 2010 the credit amount cannot exceed 50% of total purchase invoice amount before tax.
    Sweet thanks. Bought my TV begining of December 2009, so looks like my $500 will go towards a min purchase of $400, not bad not bad

Firoz was the shit...never forget "brotha I got you brotha, no worries brotha the brown man delivers..."

I only ever dealt with warranty once, was on some rockford subs I bought waay back, and they swapped them out with no hassle. Can't remember there install guy's name back then, Tyrel (sp) or something, guy could do some impressive shit though.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I'm surprised they lasted this long. It's been years since Soundsaround was relevant in the electronics scene. The internet has changed the landscape and aftermarket car audio has turned into a small niche now that iPod connectivity is almost standard in all cars and factory NAV is available on pretty well all levels of cars. There will always be the need for local stores for television sales but the margins really aren't that great on TV's alone in the competitive market and you have to sell large volumes to stay profitable.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by heavyD
    I'm surprised they lasted this long. It's been years since Soundsaround was relevant in the electronics scene. The internet has changed the landscape and aftermarket car audio has turned into a small niche now that iPod connectivity is almost standard in all cars and factory NAV is available on pretty well all levels of cars. There will always be the need for local stores for television sales but the margins really aren't that great on TV's alone in the competitive market and you have to sell large volumes to stay profitable.
    Sometimes I wonder why Memx got into the game at all. How many TV you have to sell to offset loss on a year end clearance unit?

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Xtrema

Sometimes I wonder why Memx got into the game at all. How many TV you have to sell to offset loss on a year end clearance unit?
    I don't think it's the TV.. It's EVERYTHING ELSE that goes with the TV, like Blu-ray players, mounts, cables, etc...

Funny thing is, ever since they expanded the NW store, I've never actually ventured into the TV area. I walk in, go straight to the line up/counter for computer parts, and walk out.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3