Quantcast
Tundra tire choice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tundra tire choice

My Ride
    KTM

Default Tundra tire choice

Looking for some advice on tire choice, I have narrowed my search down to 2 but would be interested in other opinions or tires. These are the 2 I found most reasonable.

Currently my truck has a 2 inch lift and otherwise stock. I use my truck as a daily driver, dirtbiking, and pulling my trailer/camping. I dont really plan on wheeling my truck aside from what I run into camping or dritbiking.

The two tires I have been considering are:

Wrangler Territory's 265/75/16

http://answers.canadiantire.ca/answe.../questions.htm

I should be able to get these for about $900.00 installed once they go on sale. I like the look of these tires a bit better, but I am thinking they will wear faster also.

OR

Dueller Revo 2's 265/75/16

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/produ...er_A/T_REVO_2_(eco)

I should be able to get these at Costco on sale for about $800.00, they dont look as nice but will likely last longer. On the other hand I rarely keep a vehicle for more than 2 years.

Thoughts? Opinions? Other suggestions?

Thanks
    Last edited by craigcd; 02-19-2012 at 09:26 PM.

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac ftw

I know many people that run these tires, and I run them myself. It's a great AT/MT hybrid, severe winter snowflake rated, decently siped. I run these year round, and I dig them a lot.

My Ride
    KTM

Originally posted by CelicaST-162

I know many people that run these tires, and I run them myself. It's a great AT/MT hybrid, severe winter snowflake rated, decently siped. I run these year round, and I dig them a lot.

Thanks for the reply I will do some research on these, pretty sure I ran across them in my research and the price was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

EDIT: never mind they are cheaper!!!

Where did you buy yours?
    Last edited by craigcd; 02-20-2012 at 12:25 AM.

My Ride
    Cars, trucks, bikes

There is a seller on kijiji who has listed his Territories for sale. Only downside is that they are mounted on 4Runner rims....$900.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ355908667
    Current Line-up…

Honda S2000
    FK8 Type R
    OG Mercedes Benz
    5th Gen T4R
    Lexus RX 350
    Ducati Streetfighter
    Modded Honda Grom

My Ride
    KTM

Originally posted by carzcraz
    There is a seller on kijiji who has listed his Territories for sale. Only downside is that they are mounted on 4Runner rims....$900.

Ya messaged him earlier today, really have no use for the rims and he doesnt want to budge on price. If I could get them for 700 I would grab them, but I can buy them new when they go on sale for the same price.
    Last edited by craigcd; 02-20-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Originally posted by CelicaST-162

This. They are a little pricey, I got mine on sale at Fountain Tire a year and a half ago. These work great all year round on ice, snow, mud, gravel. Wear is good considering I run them in the summer on pavement as well.

The Dueler's have very good wear life on pavement, and should work fine in everything but mud and deep snow. Ensure you have a proper alignment and pressure and you'll be set.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 02-20-2012 at 12:44 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I have the Duratracs on my 10' 4runner, studded, and they're alright. With so much highway driving and basically no snow the studs are essentially gone already. In 2WD on a slight/moderate incline when it's really snowy and icey, the backend swings out and have to switch to 4WD. Tonight I was going up a huge hill (coming out of the Peace River valley if anyone is familiar) and there were trucks in the ditch everywhere, semi jack-knifed...crazy. Had it in 4WD and got up with 0 issue, felt rock solid. Stopping really quickly I slid quite a bit as I slammed on the brake (idiot in front of me) but once directed in the snowy road it grabbed no problem. I'm quite curious how they fair in the summer with the leases and lease roads getting pretty mucky but from reviews, they do quite well. I've only had them on for about 6,000km so far.

Are they winter tires? Fuck no, not even close. In 4WD they feel steady as hell though and for what it's worth, I'm mainly in 2WD. They've gotten me through some pretty shit weather so I'm confident in recommending them. No experience with other tires though.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by carzcraz

Fuck those are great, I might need to buy them! Hopefully the 16" rim will fit over the calipers. Good eye.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    KTM

Originally posted by msommers

Fuck those are great, I might need to buy them! Hopefully the 16" rim will fit over the calipers. Good eye.
    Even with the rims they are a bit overpriced I think but good bolt on ability I guess.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

From the little research I've done, it sounds like a 16" will not work because of the caliper size. Too bad
    Ultracrepidarian

Pro-Comp Xtreme AT's dude... I have 'em on my Dodge, I highly recommend these for bigger trucks. I love mine.

My Ride
    KTM

Originally posted by heavyfuel
    Pro-Comp Xtreme AT's dude... I have 'em on my Dodge, I highly recommend these for bigger trucks. I love mine.
    They are great tires just a bit out of my price range.

I have the Territories on my FJ. They have been great. Had them on for a year and a half now and the wear has been good. They handle well on snow and ice.

My Ride
    C63 AMG

I've used duratracs on my tundra and they are a great year round tire! Aggressive look, good in snow, and actually not to loud at all on the highway. Great tire and well worth the money!

Originally posted by craigcd

They are great tires just a bit out of my price range.
    PM'D!!!

My Ride
    X100 | A80

I've had very good experience with both goodyear duratrac and bfgoodrich a/t and you wont go wrong with either duratrac is better than bfg a/t though
    Last edited by Kardon; 03-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Originally posted by Keiichi Tsuchiya
    The Hachiroku really brings out the beast in you.
    It's like the moon that changes a man into a werewolf.
    That is the magic of the Hachiroku.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Just got my territorys put on last week and absolutely love them. Almost the same tread as the duratrac only alot cheaper. There on sale right now at canadian tire and if you buy the protection plan for 7 bucks a tire they will replace the tire even if its wrecked from offroading.

Only downfall seems to be they are a little loud, thats kind of expected when its more of a mud tire.

My truck is up on blocks right now while im installing my lift but ill get some pictures up close of the tires when im done.

My Ride
    KTM

Forgot to update this!

I bought Territory's a couple weeks back onsale, all 4 installed for just over $900 including everything. They have been awesome so far, and a tad noisy on the hi-way but all in all great tires. Interested in seeing how they tow, which should be great as they are E rated.

Will post pics once i get my truck cleaned up!