Quantcast
2012 Summer Motorcycle Cruise THREAD - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Summer Motorcycle Cruise THREAD

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Default 2012 Summer Motorcycle Cruise THREAD

Alright ladies and gents.... This right here is out 2012 Cruise thread (motorcycles only)

Here is our little map

Im wanting to get as many bikes out to this as possible... I have only a couple rules id like to post and id like them followed. No excessive douchebaggery (ie, stunting) I dont want anybody getting hurt or in an accident trying to show off. Secondly no douchebags in general. Be approachable. Dont be shy and come say hi. Nothing ruins a cruise more than people making their own little riding group and secluding them selves from everybody else.

SO please, invite your friends I encourage it.

Im hoping to get a BBQ going as well. Somewhere in the Ghost lake area would be wicked. Maybe bring some swimming shorts and go for a dip in the lake too?

We would need somebody to either meet the group or follow with the group in a car to bring a cooler with some drinks and food (and having a photographer would be wicked too)

DATE: So far right now im thinking JUNE 10th (Day after DTP) Weather permitting of course.

If you have any ideas feel free to post. AGAIN though this is for motorcycles only right now.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I might be in...group rides always go poorly though, I also hate riding with fucktards in large groups.

Also keep in mind beginning of June might be a bit early for hwy 40....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Originally posted by TurboMedic
    I might be in...group rides always go poorly though, I also hate riding with fucktards in large groups.

... Might just have to take er easy to start... But from my experiences around the area, they don't sweep those highways til late July (well the shoulders - as a cyclist).

Also, from the beyond cruises i've been on, the riders are pretty responsible in comparison to CGP rides ive been on... by far!

But i'm definitely down..
    Sounds rad!!

My Ride
    LX 5.0

Ill be in too, hoping to avoid douchebaggery at all cost though.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

I'm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Date is not set in stone... well see what kind of weather we get. It is Calgary afterall, we could get snow in June lol

Im making it pretty clear also before we even depart that any sort of douchebaggery, stupid riding, putting other riders in danger, or attracting unwanted police attention will ruin the fun for all of us. All I want is a fun and safe ride with a bunch of people. Nothing stupid.

As for meeting location that is not set yet. Im just posting this right now to let everybody know what will eventually happen. Ive still got a bunch of planning left to do with a buddy of mine

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

<--- down for it.

Hopefully people keep in mind how to ride. Seems like whenever there are a bunch of people on bikes riding with other people that they dont really know; there are always people that try to "prove themselves" by riding like complete ass-clowns.
    Last year I went out with this Facebook group called "Ridin' Dirty".... and wow... Im seriously amazed nobody was killed. SUCH a group of assclowns. I can see why some people hate motorcyclists after a 20 minute ride with those guys.

Originally posted by TurboMedic

Cool, I just noticed you have the same bike I do.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 02-20-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

yeah no, same rules pretty much apply just like any normal beyond.ca cruise. Dont want stupid shit happening

My Ride
    '19 GTI

haha.... i checked fb to see the douchebaggery and apparently they no longer exist.

im in
    Euro

My Ride
    Hatred

I'll try my best to go as well!
    -U

approx how long would this route take?

and a few of the beyond members are the giant douches you hear about in the CGP rides, etc.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Without a doubt, lots from cgp and here and vice versa.. I'm on both and I'd like to think I'm a responsible rider (I've ridden with quite a few on here) hoping they can support that statement haha..

But for the most part, what I've seen on this site is not douchbaggery.

...But I'd assume this to be a day event. W/ bbq and gas stops, I wouldn't plan anything of great importance right after

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

yeap this would probably take quite a bit of the day up... Id more than imagine we would depart at around 11am or so and not be back until about 730-8 (im giving lots of space in between) I really do not know how long itll take.. The route were planning on doing is about 300kms. Theres a near by gas station we should roll in on with fumes haha.

And just so im on the same page, whats CGP?

My Ride

^ CGP is the acronym for Calgary Ground Pilots. Its a local motorcycle forum, mainly catering to the sportbike crowd. Personally I've always refused to join there because of hearing more horror stories of the kind of riders that frequent that forum then I'd care to count.

A few people on here say its okay.... but.
    I guess after meeting a bunch of them I'll better be able to say, but we used to have another rider forum called CalgaryUnderGround www.calgaryunderground.com
    (actually the forum owner is on Beyond, he username is CUG appropriately).
    That site has died pretty much, but some of the guys on CUG were also from CGP, most of them were trolls and idiots you'd just want to bitchslap repeatedly, so that really spoke numbers to me as well. It was like having an influx of Arash's all from one other similar forum

Like I say, kind of foolish to label all CGP guys the same. So we'll see I guess.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 02-20-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Hey vlad its ryan sounds like our plan will turn out well , emphasize on the no douchebags (they will be dealt with) haha anyways anyone want to get to know each other before? name/ what you ride? Im ryan and i ride a 2009 gsxr750 been riding for my whole life (dirtbikes) and about 7years on the street.

My Ride
    WRX STI

I'm down, looks like a great weekend if this cruise lands on the 10th of June.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Sweet dude ^

But yeah me and Ryan (k20turbo) will be the ones pretty much working on making this a smooth and fun cruise. Looking forward to the turnout.

Itll also be pretty sweet hopefully meeting a few of you before hand also at DTP since me and Ryan are hoping to toss our bikes in there as well.

might be down but yes, almost all group rides ive been on...have people doing obscene ish and stunting...le sigh

My Ride

Originally posted by k20turbo
    Hey vlad its ryan sounds like our plan will turn out well , emphasize on the no douchebags (they will be dealt with) haha anyways anyone want to get to know each other before? name/ what you ride? Im ryan and i ride a 2009 gsxr750 been riding for my whole life (dirtbikes) and about 7years on the street.
    Sure, Im Hans Pwetersmitch the 3rd.
    But most people know me as Graham as most people can guess.
    I ride this.
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/263787/07...h-daytona-675/
    '07 Triumph daytona 675. 31,000 on it so far. About half of what I thought I'd have on it by now when I bought it.

Been riding for 23 years now, ever since the ripe old age of 6. Not so legally on the roads since I was 14. But when you wear a helmet nobody can tell how old you are so... The cops REALLY didn't like that too much when I'd be pulled over though... that was an awkward conversation.... not recommended.
    I HATED Calgary transit, so I rode my bike to high school. LOL, I felt like a dumbass riding when it was -5 out. Below that, or if snowed.... it was the bus.
    Probably done 150-180k kms on all the bikes I've owned.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 02-20-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast