Quantcast
Canadian Federal Election Fraud Alleged - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Federal Election Fraud Alleged

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Default Canadian Federal Election Fraud Alleged

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2350944/

The “robo-call” and voter-suppression scandal is rapidly threatening to become a full-blown political crisis for Stephen Harper’s Conservatives, with the number of ridings where dirty tricks are alleged to have skewed races in the last federal election climbing to almost 30.

The New Democrats and Liberals on Sunday both listed 29 ridings in which they claim voters were either misled by automated calls purportedly from Elections Canada about where to cast ballots, or where live callers misrepresented themselves as working for rival parties. In some cases, voters allegedly received harassing late-night calls.

“The issue here is not the technology, the issue here is the fraudulent claims, impersonating Elections Canada officials and obstructing people’s ability to vote,”

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

That's awfully Machiavellian.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Well at least they don't break election rules like the Liberals amirte?!!1

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

My Ride
    Silverado

If this was anything wouldn't it have been aired shortly after the election and not 10 months later?

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    If this was anything wouldn't it have been aired shortly after the election and not 10 months later?
    I think that's what the Liberals said during the Gomery Commission.

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    That's what I thought as well. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Fuck, they can't even let is have majority ONE time? If we had to cheat our way there then so be it.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

These activities were reported as going on during the election campaign in several ridings (Guelph and Eglinton-Lawrence, to name two). Both of these stories are from mid-April 2011...and there are others out there...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...on-volpe-.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...dent-vote.html

It didn't stop after the election, with the Conservatives wasting out tax dollars on an impersonator / "shadow" MP in Mount Royal. In addition, they admitted to begin behind automated phone calls that falsely claimed that incumbent Liberal MP Irwin Cotler was going to be resigning -- something they defended as "freedom of speech".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...shadow-mp.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...privilege.html

Cotler raised the issue in the House of Commons last month, arguing that phone calls telling people in his riding that a by-election is imminent is a breach of his privilege as an MP.

Cotler said his office traced the calls to Campaign Research, an Ontario-based market research firm with ties to the Conservative Party.

Conservative MPs didn't deny being behind the calls, arguing that they are protected as free speech, and that they were just trying to identify potential voters.

While I don't doubt for a moment that Robocalling occurred, I question the sudden increase of incidences as claimed by the opposition parties.

It all seems grossly exaggerated... and why wouldn't it... the opposition parties have little else to offer at this point, might as well distract from the important issues and focus on something that likely had little impact on the election results.

*yawn*

My Ride
    W204

I dunno, they should be letting Elections Canada and the authorities handle the investigation instead of wasting time and debating a (now) useless topic in the House. Just seeing news clips of them bickering over such a stupid topic that's not going to change anything in the near term makes me go .

Obviously it was wrong, so let them find out who did it and just sack/charge their ass. Yeesh.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-09-2019 at 12:26 AM.

^ I thought it was "Pierre Poutine" ... lol...

So... how about strategic voting that the left was pushing so hard? Is that not also a form of 'voter suppression' ...? I mean really, those rejects had a pretty fancy website up and established solely to alter the results of various races to their benefit. Forget voting for who best represents your interests, just vote for whomever isn't a Conservative. It's the same shit.

The whole thing is retarded. Fuck off, whiners. Get back to the issues.

Originally posted by masoncgy
    Exactly.

"This is all caused by the financial burden and stress caused through multiple elections in a short time frame. All parties were run ragged and the big two (liberals and conservatives) ran massive national campaigns with huge databases, which by all accounts, have terrible data management. I'm not surprised that rotten data pulled from these poorly managed/updated systems resulted in errors. Now, the willful and malicious targeting of people in order to suppress or mislead them is wrong. However, I have a hard time believing any party would be stupid enough to risk something so blatantly illegal. If they did I can guarantee you it came from lower level, poorly trained party hacks who somehow justified this behavior to themselves. They should be punished, and the party in question (likely the conservatives) should unreservedly apologize and make it known to the entire volunteer base that those actions will not be tolerated. Doing this wouldn't excuse them of responsibility but at least would show willingness to be accountable, and heaven forbid, mature."

Me and a friend were having a conversation about this and this was his response.

/thread

My Ride
    Bicycle

I'm sure robocall happened.

But how the hell do they know the victims' affiliations? How do they know the people they called, assuming not PC party members, won't vote for PC?

Also, keep on investigating, but they should have shut the fuck up until they have more solid info on who "Poutine" really is.

Until you do, it's just a witch hunt and a platform for Liberals to place blame because they are now a by-gone party. You don't see NDP yelling that loud on this. It's all Liberals.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-29-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Originally posted by masoncgy
    [B]
    So... how about strategic voting that the left was pushing so hard? Is that not also a form of 'voter suppression' ...?[b]
    No.

I mean really, those rejects had a pretty fancy website up and established solely to alter the results of various races to their benefit. Forget voting for who best represents your interests, just vote for whomever isn't a Conservative. It's the same shit.
    No.

Something in your post is certainly retarded.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    I'm sure robocall happened.

But how the hell do they know the victims' affiliations? How do they know the people they called, assuming not PC party members, won't vote for PC?

Also, keep on investigating, but they should have shut the fuck up until they have more solid info on who "Poutine" really is.

Until you do, it's just a witch hunt and a platform for Liberals to place blame because they are now a by-gone party. You don't see NDP yelling that loud on this. It's all Liberals.
    I'll get my first political pet peeve out of the way: CPC =/= PC.

As for the point, the Liberals problem is that they're whining about their seats. When the Libs were in the midst of adscam the Cons were using it as an example of how the Libs had become too arrogant and worn out their welcome with the power they had for the previous decade. They were able to turn what was a very serious issue into a key election issue.

Now the Liberals have taken this, what should be a serious issue, and are turning people off to the issue altogether. Not a good thing. But that's what happens when Bob Rae is your interim leader.

As for the NDP, they've become irrelevant since Jack died. They've been making noise in their own way, but they have nobody that anyone wants to listen to.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by Xtrema

political parties compile voters lists from previous elections and during the election campaign. When I was working on a campaign in my riding of Calgary Centre-North from last March to May we'd be recording voter intentions when we'd call up their listed landline number or when we went door to door. Few people declined to disclose their voting intention, even if they intended to not vote for the party you're campaigning for.

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by Gainsbarre

political parties compile voters lists from previous elections and during the election campaign. When I was working on a campaign in my riding of Calgary Centre-North from last March to May we'd be recording voter intentions when we'd call up their listed landline number or when we went door to door. Few people declined to disclose their voting intention, even if they intended to not vote for the party you're campaigning for.

These 'lists' are the most important things to come out of elections and people guard them very carefully. They are shared between candidates at different levels of gov't - ie: provincial candidates will try and ally with municipal and federal former candidates/elected representatives to gain access to these lists.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by kertejud2
    Now the Liberals have taken this, what should be a serious issue, and are turning people off to the issue altogether. Not a good thing. But that's what happens when Bob Rae is your interim leader.
    It is a serious issue. I want CPC gone if they are caught. But by disclosing and attacking before you have all the facts, and tell people to call in, you are now hampering the investigation and the integrity of it.

It's a bad move, one that may actually let CPC to get away with it.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-01-2012 at 04:27 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

This is a serious issue? Are you guys for real? Whoopdie doo, maybe (at best) a couple thousand people received misleading calls and it possibly has nothing to do with the CPC itself but individuals within it. If this was the only bullshit the liberals pulled while in office, damn would I be glad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast