Quantcast
Are you buying the ipad 3? - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Are you buying the ipad 3?

Are they doing anything about the hot and wifi issues?

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by stealth
    Are they doing anything about the hot and wifi issues?
    Mine's never even gotten warm, playing movies, or Infinity Blade 1, even while plugged in. My wifi is also much better/stronger than my iPad 1 was, or my iPhone 4 is.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Mine's never even gotten warm, playing movies, or Infinity Blade 1, even while plugged in. My wifi is also much better/stronger than my iPad 1 was, or my iPhone 4 is.
    When it's plugged in it's not using battery power. It's using power directly from the outlet. The battery is what gets hot.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by Manhattan

When it's plugged in it's not using battery power. It's using power directly from the outlet. The battery is what gets hot.
    And when I'm plugging it in *and* playing games, it's still not that warm. My iPhone 4 gets warmer.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Finally got mine last night, and loving it so far, had a bit of a hiccup syncing iMessages between my phone & iPad, but got it working.

Anyone know of a good place for wallpapers for it? Not too many of the "usual" places have 2048 x 1536, haha.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by Eleanor
    Finally got mine last night, and loving it so far, had a bit of a hiccup syncing iMessages between my phone & iPad, but got it working.

Anyone know of a good place for wallpapers for it? Not too many of the "usual" places have 2048 x 1536, haha.
    www.interfacelift.com

I'm planning on waltzing into a Best Buy and picking one up, but the online stock reporting keeps saying that there are none available. Anyone have any luck here?

My Ride
    CBR600RR

^thanks man

So after playing around with it for a day, it's definitely running hot, bottom left corner in particular (when holding it in portrait). It doesn't feel hot enough to cause an issue, but it's very noticeable.

The bigger concern is that it evens runs hot when it's in my bag, screen off, smart cover on. I pulled it out at work and it was really really warm.

Another concern is battery consumption is off the charts! I had it fully charged this morning, used it for about two hours, wifi & Bluetooth on, then left it to "sleep" for most of the afternoon and around 5 it was sitting at ~30%

Anyone else having these issues? I know the temperature issue is pretty prevalent, but the battery consumption is inexcusable, especially considering I have the wifi only model, which means 4G isn't a factor.

I sincerely hope they patch the operating system soon to fix this issue. I was hoping for a good 7-8hrs usage minimum.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Wow, sounds like your having lots of issues..
    I charged mine yesterday, used it yesterday evening, brought it to work today, left it a little bit, and let it sit idle, and watched 2 30 min shows on it today, and I'm sitting at 93%.

16GB wifi model.

Mine's cool to the touch as well, almost all the time. I have it sitting on my desk, idle, and it's ice cold.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Yeah super jealous, I have had mine plugged in to the wall socket at home and I was watching a podcast and the battery was barely charging. Plugged it in at 11% about an hour ago and it's at 13% now

I'll probably give it a couple more days and if the problems persist I'll call up the apple store.

My Ride
    07 Avalanche

goto http://www.deviantart.com in the search box put 2048x1536 then select different categories for what you want

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Another concern is battery consumption is off the charts! I had it fully charged this morning, used it for about two hours, wifi & Bluetooth on, then left it to "sleep" for most of the afternoon and around 5 it was sitting at ~30%
    Yeah super jealous, I have had mine plugged in to the wall socket at home and I was watching a podcast and the battery was barely charging. Plugged it in at 11% about an hour ago and it's at 13% now
    So these issues affect iPhones and iPad 1/2's as well. Once in a while, iOS decides to do some sort of internal cleanup, and it goes into crazy battery usage. I get it once every 2 months. Not sure exactly what it's doing, but it just eats battery life, and runs super hot for about 20 hours. It sucks if you're out and about, cuz it will kill battery life fast. I haven't been able to figure out what it's doing, or what triggers it.

Also for charging, if you're using an iPhone charger and not the 10W iPad charger, it takes forever to charge up.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by rage2
    So these issues affect iPhones and iPad 1/2's as well. Once in a while, iOS decides to do some sort of internal cleanup, and it goes into crazy battery usage. I get it once every 2 months. Not sure exactly what it's doing, but it just eats battery life, and runs super hot for about 20 hours. It sucks if you're out and about, cuz it will kill battery life fast. I haven't been able to figure out what it's doing, or what triggers it.
    Very odd, although I hope that's what it is, I pulled it out this morning from my bag and it's ice cold, 100% charge so we'll see how today goes.
    Also for charging, if you're using an iPhone charger and not the 10W iPad charger, it takes forever to charge up.
    Yeah, I've read that one too, although last night I was using the charger supplied in the box. I've heard it takes eons through USB to computer.

To be fair, the battery is massive, more than 1.5x the Galaxy Tab 10.1's and almost double the Transformer Prime's.

My Ride
    06 S2000

It does indeed take eons to charge via USB.

But the 10W does a nice job. Since mine usually lasts a few days, once it starts to get low (20-30% or lower), I'll let it charge off the 10W overnight. The 10W also charges iPhone's like a mofo.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yeah, I've read that one too, although last night I was using the charger supplied in the box. I've heard it takes eons through USB to computer.

To be fair, the battery is massive, more than 1.5x the Galaxy Tab 10.1's and almost double the Transformer Prime's.
    There's something wrong if the 10W charger is only doing 2% over an hour. I drained my iPad 2 last night, came into the office at 15% charge. Plugged it into the 10W charger here an hour ago, and I'm already at 47%.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    CBR600RR

^ most definitely there is something wrong with that, I've been reading on tech blogs & forum posts that people are actually seeing their battery percentage drop while plugged into the 10W charger

That being said, I've had the iPad in intermittent use for about an hour and it's sitting at 99% and still as cold as my office

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

BestBuy has them online now. Stock is limited, so be quick if you want to grab one.

I grabbed a 32GB Black Wifi model just now; can't wait for it!
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    RSX-S

Originally posted by rage2

So it acutally still charges?? Says on the top corner by the battery icon "not charging" or something along that line.

friend said Macbook USB can charge the unit without having the warning. I thought USB standard is 5v @ .9A max, which doesn' t even make halfway of the 10W power adapter.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea with some of the iPhone chargers, it still shows charging but goes super slow.

With USB, I get the not charging message, but it also charges (just really really really slow).

My Ride
    06 S2000

Some Mobo's will charge it fine. I used to get "not charging" warnings when charging it, but I had to install a driver that enabled the high power charging. Now it charges like a 5W.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Update (don't know if anyone really cares though, haha):

Been using it for the past couple days now, no overheating issue, no battery issue. I left it in the office overnight, not plugged in, didn't drop a single percent when I got in this morning.

Now to start giving Apple more of my money for HD apps

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 LastLast