Quantcast
Saturday Night Meets - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Meets

Question Saturday Night Meets

Hey guys, I was out driving around last Saturday night and noticed a bunch of tuned cars pulling into the Chinook center underground parkade at maybe 11:45pm or so. Does anyone know anything about the group that is meeting down there? I would be interested in checking it out if its a public group.

Thanks all.

My Ride
    Its Quick

They were at Tims barlow and 61st earlier

My Ride
    GSXR600

would love to know as well. recently moved from regina and want to check out the scene here as I am planning to do full coverage for our blog

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

I can see you're new to these forums.... but please dont Double post again. I see you've posted this message as well in the General automotive section.

Thats incredibly annoying to everybody... and almost ban worthy.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

new guy has lower user number than you

Originally posted by Graham_A_M
    I can see you're new to these forums.... but please dont Double post again. I see you've posted this message as well in the General automotive section.

Thats incredibly annoying to everybody... and almost ban worthy.

Originally posted by chulito
    would love to know as well. recently moved from regina and want to check out the scene here as I am planning to do full coverage for our blog
    the scene???!!!

My Ride
    GSXR600

Originally posted by Davex
    the scene???!!!
    whats so funny here?

Originally posted by rob the knob
    new guy has lower user number than you

whats so funny here?
    Here's the scene.

A bunch of riced out cars and diesel pickup trucks drinking beer out of glass bottles, tossing them around in the parking lot shattering it for people to lose tires over. Doing burnouts in gravel and then spitting rocks at cars. smoking and using drugs then driving. stunting, people driving 60km/h through a parking lot. a bunch of teenagers that try to start fights with everybody. then people go to 'streetrace' in packs of 100 cars and drive like complete idiots in light and heavy traffic attracting the attention of CPS causing tickets to be given to everybody, including people who just come there for a simple coffee.

It's a shit show.

My Ride
    oooo

Here's the scene.

A bunch of riced out cars and diesel pickup trucks drinking beer out of glass bottles, tossing them around in the parking lot shattering it for people to lose tires over. Doing burnouts in gravel and then spitting rocks at cars. smoking and using drugs then driving. stunting, people driving 60km/h through a parking lot. a bunch of teenagers that try to start fights with everybody. then people go to 'streetrace' in packs of 100 cars and drive like complete idiots in light and heavy traffic attracting the attention of CPS causing tickets to be given to everybody, including people who just come there for a simple coffee.

It's a shit show.

^^^ truth
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    GSXR600

KKKaaaamonn.... there is gotta be some decent ppl here. Coming from SK I was expecting to hear good things about YYC. Down there we get together once in a while for decent hard parkings and of course there are the outlaws who break the protocol.

Who are these people going down Chinook? any clubs, blogs, forums for Calgary car scene? Drifting, meets? I know there is a car show coming up soon, so I think ill start there

Check my Flickr to see what what I've collected from Regina,SK
    Last edited by chulito; 02-28-2012 at 07:30 PM.

I appreciate all the honest responses. I am definitely going to stand clear of this group of people. Sounds like a bunch of kids just partying. Instead of doing it at a club they do it on the street, very bad idea.

And I do apologize for double posting, I don't post much on any forum and did not realize it is such an annoyance.

there are great meets/cruises once summer comes they will be posted

but as for the timmies meets its just a gong show now dont waste your time

KKKaaaamonn.... there is gotta be some decent ppl here. Coming from SK I was expecting to hear good things about YYC. Down there we get together once in a while for decent hard parkings and of course there are the outlaws who break the protocol.

Who are these people going down Chinook? any clubs, blogs, forums for Calgary car scene? Drifting, meets? I know there is a car show coming up soon, so I think ill start there

Check my Flickr to see what what I've collected from Regina,SK
    Don't expect the drifting crowd to just welcome you with open arms That is something that doesn't ever happen.

My Ride
    GSXR600

thanks for the comments guys. Im pretty low key and into what I do. hopefully meets some cool ppl that know their shit and like to share.

My Ride
    See sig

Here's the scene.

It's a shit show.
    It's the perfect distraction. Roadking days were alright, some fast-for-then cars.
    1978 Porsche 924//1987 Chevrolet Chevette
    //1987 Kia Besta//2000 Audi A6//2013 VW Jetta//2006 Kawasaki ZX6

Originally posted by bituerbo

It's the perfect distraction. Roadking days were alright, some fast-for-then cars.
    Eh there are still crowds out there. Road king guys, muscle, drifters. however they dont like bullshit and keep it segregated and don't let any old joe blow come to it.

Especially somebody who wants to "document" it.

and my most memorable night.
    tims on 72nd. about 9 years ago.

cars racing 4 wide on 50th, bikes on side streeds stunting, pretty girls half naked dancing in the parking lot with trunks wide open blaring songs from the recent FnF movie that was my very first night out, its never been the same, just deteriorated to the point where I haven't bothered even going to the 'tims' in over 2 years

most of these people there breath eat and sleep drama. if you want to keep things simple, add nobody to facebook and speak with them only while you're out at the "meetup/races/hangout/watering hole". keeping relationships seperate will save you headaches

Here's the scene.

It's a shit show.
    Sounds like a blast, minus the bottle smashing, drug use, and drinking and driving.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

thanks for the comments guys. Im pretty low key and into what I do. hopefully meets some cool ppl that know their shit and like to share.
    wednesdays on the top level of the rear parkade at chinook are the meets to go to.

drifting info will be on DW when it exists... thats about it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast