Quantcast
Canadian Federal Election Fraud Alleged - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canadian Federal Election Fraud Alleged

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by Xtrema

It is a serious issue. I want CPC gone if they are caught. But by disclosing and attacking before you have all the facts, and tell people to call in, you are not hampering the investigation and the integrity of it.

It's a bad move, one that may actually let CPC to get away with it.
    This has to be done now because according to section 527 of the Canada Elections Act, all submissions of alleged wrongdoing must be brought forth within 30 days of allegations first being made public. Widespread media coverage of this began about a week ago, so the clock is ticking. The Conservatives know this, hence their attempts to delay and obfuscate. They were banking on pinning the entire blame on that young staffer, who apparently didn't appreciate being thrown under the bus and has already come out to say that he had nothing to do with it. Who will be the next scapegoat?

From http://lois-laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/a.../FullText.html

527. An application based on a ground set out in paragraph 524(1)(b) must be filed within 30 days after the later of
    (a) the day on which the result of the contested election is published in the Canada Gazette, and
    (b) the day on which the applicant first knew or should have known of the occurrence of the alleged irregularity, fraud, corrupt practice or illegal practice.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Gainsbarre

This has to be done now because according to section 527 of the Canada Elections Act, all submissions of alleged wrongdoing must be brought forth within 30 days of allegations first being made public. Widespread media coverage of this began about a week ago, so the clock is ticking. The Conservatives know this, hence their attempts to delay and obfuscate. They were banking on pinning the entire blame on that young staffer, who apparently didn't appreciate being thrown under the bus and has already come out to say that he had nothing to do with it. Who will be the next scapegoat?

From http://lois-laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/a.../FullText.html

but who broke the story? I'm sure they were investigating for months.

My Ride

I think it was Postmedia (the spinoff of CanWest) that broke it on either February 23 or 24. Oddly enough, the National Post (consistently one of the most ardent supports of the Reform/Conservative party) seems to be on the warpath over this issue, along with many other media outlets that have endorsed the Convervatives in the last several elections (e.g. The Globe and Mail).

I agree it's too early to make the call. However the Macleans article is pretty insightful IMO.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/02/28/w...conservatives/

My Ride
    CBR 929

I heard on the radio on the drive home they traced some of the numbers back to the US and that the Liberals were actually behind it?

[url]

My Ride

Originally posted by bignerd
    I heard on the radio on the drive home they traced some of the numbers back to the US and that the Liberals were actually behind it?
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2355453/

Sounds like another false accusation thrown out by Dean Del Mastro (one of the biggest, and I mean BIGGEST jokes in the House of Commons...).

“Joe Volpe paid over $25,000 to Prime Contact, a company with offices in North Dakota,” Mr. Del Mastro told the Commons.

Dan Aquila, vice president of operations at Prime Contact, said contrary to what Mr. Del Mastro stated, his company “is a wholly owned, proudly Canadian company.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2