Quantcast
Nokia Suite bricked my Nokia - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nokia Suite bricked my Nokia

My Ride
    W204

Thanks again eblend. Still getting used to Belle though so far I think I prefer Anna but whatever.

BTW the Navifirm and/or Phoenix I dl'ed has so far proven to be UNSAFE. Since I've installed it, something has been trying to extract and run itself between 2-3AM every 5 days or so. It seems to generate 5-6 files with random names and then tries to run from the Windows/Temp folder. Also creates a bunch of .tmp files. So now I have to try to figure out what is going on. Norton is reporting them as a gen.2 trojan and "suspicious" cloud.2.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    W204

One more issue.. Anyone else having problems getting maps loaded onto their device from Nokia Suite? This happened with both Anna and Belle so it's not a Belle exclusive problem. Everytime I try to load a map, the program will download it and then give me an out of memory error.

I've got my phone set to download everything to the memory card, and it still gives me the error.

I've got about 250MB free in "internal" memory, 7GB free in the built in memory, and about 30GB free on my 32GB memory card. I've even tried downloading JUST Alberta (which is like less than 50MB I think) and I still get the same error so it's definitely nothing to do with actual free memory.

I've already tried what some have suggested - deleting the cities folder and the qf file but it's always the same result. I thought maybe with the update to belle it might resolve it after having everything wiped out but to no avail...
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Glad Eblend got it working for you. Weird about the problems with Navifirm or Pheonix. I have never had an issue with it.

Have you tried unistalling, rebooting and reinstalling Nokia Suite? Have you tried downloading the maps from the phone using the Map updater on it instead of Nokia Suite?

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Nate
    Have you tried unistalling, rebooting and reinstalling Nokia Suite? Have you tried downloading the maps from the phone using the Map updater on it instead of Nokia Suite?
    Yeah I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no results. I couldn't get updater to work as I couldn't get the phone to connect with my Wi-fi at home (not sure what is wrong). In any case, I found a link on Nokia Support Discussions with direct links to download updated maps so I am going to try that route first. If that doesn't work then something is borked LOL.

Gosh this is why people don't buy Nokia.

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

Click Menu>Settings>Conectivity>Settings>Network Destinations>Access Point Search for it Automatically and add it to Internet. This should add it and allow it to access the wifi.

I have Map Loader on my phone with Belle. I forgot that it was added instead of using the updater.

Check in Nokia Suite to see if you have the option to reinstall Belle on your phone. Might be an option to reinstall it with the one for your phone.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by Nate
    Check in Nokia Suite to see if you have the option to reinstall Belle on your phone. Might be an option to reinstall it with the one for your phone.
    LOL fuck after the fiasco that was the last firmware update, I am not sure if I can bring myself to update that phone anymore hahahaha.

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

haha that is why I said might... Besides you know how to fix it now. If the battery is fully charged there should not be an issue. But you never know.

BTW what Nokia Suite are you using. I just checked and there is an update right now to 3.3.89.0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2